• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Smokable psychedelics?

Sorry but I don't have the money for a vaporizer and it's too complicated for me. Not to mention if I can't taste it how would I know it's even in my lungs. (LOL) I'm not trying fight about it I'm just saying vaporizing isn't for me.

And I'm saying vaporizing doesn't have to involve an expensive electronic vaporizer. You can also just go crackpipe / lightbulb style or like I said use a regular pipe or bong differently (by layering with something like ash etc, read up) to vaporize.
If that's really too complicated for you then maybe you're better off not smoking psychedelics, no offense.

My vape is a cheap little pipe that holds (usually) cannabis is a small ~50mg chamber. I cover it with a metal cap and heat the chamber with a torch lighter till it clicks and puff. It's called the Vapcap in case you've heard about it.

I'm gonna put off my vapourizing plan for now cause

1. I don't want to convert to freebase.
2. 5-MeO-MiPT is much more efficient orally. Same must be the case with 4-HO-MiPT.
3. I'll probably waste a lot.
4. The effects don't seem to be any better.

And I'm digressing from topic here, but how about snorting these two (4-HO/5-MeO-MiPT)? Haven't heard much about that either.

1. is up to you.. but 2. 5-MeO-MiPT is almost certainly more potent vaped, being a parenteral route (meaning that for a lot of drugs eating them is less efficient).
4-HO-MiPT may be an exception because it may not survive the heating so well, so that one is definitely best eaten or if you must, snorted or plugged etc but not heated above boiling water temp.
3. & 4. Well you waste some from having to learn to vape chems, for example with DMT you almost have to (or you have to eat MAOIs)... whether it's better is up for debate and a matter of taste. For some psychedelics an intense breakthrough flash is very interesting, but it can also make it an anxious white-knuckled ride for some. So depends.
I happen to not like smoking or vaping, other than weed, but I wouldn't say it's not efficient, and DMT is amazing smoked.

4-HO-MiPT is perfect orally, aside from not being the most potent / economical way. Cause you don't really want that one to come up more intensely and anxiously IMO. 4-HO trypts come up quickly anyway so it's not worth it. Also expect it to be disgusting to snort.
I don't like 5-MeO-MiPT but I guess snorting it is not strange, the salt form at least. I've even snorted 5-MeO-DMT fb and that was painful but you can do it. In salt form it dissolves better in water and absorbs better in your nose. Still a bit caustic but the doses are not super high anyway and many psychedelics are caustic to snort.

For me 5-MeO-MiPT is anxiously energetic even orally but many people don't have as big a problem with that. Not sure if you have experience but I'd start out with trying 5-MeO-MiPT orally before doing anything else.

With both the snorted dose will be a bit lower.

Long story short: whether vaping is a good idea depends on the psychedelic. Not all stable enough to do that, and the effects vary and comeup times do as well. So sometimes there is benefit, other times mostly downsides.

I did do 5-MeO-MiPT (HCl) twice already. First was a 5mg trial dose that gave me nice mellow effects with a little bit of psychedelia. Then 3 days later, I tried 8mg which wasn't much more intense than the 5, but that must've been the tolerance.

When you say it's more potent vaped, do you mean just 4-5mg should give me decent effects? Anecdotal I've read says that vaping it requires about 20mg. Even psychonautwiki shows higher doses for smoking/vaping. https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/5-MeO-MiPT/Summary. Snorting seems to be have the same doses though. So I'll try that out. I don't want to waste 20 of my 120mg trying to vape it.

With 4-HO, I still need to experiment the oral ROA so I'll think about others later on.

I tried vaping DMT, but couldn't breakthrough. I can't really manage huge hits from my vape and after a couple of hits everything just starts melting and I forego the next hit. Gotta work on that soon but seeing the fabric of reality slowly shatter does make me anxious.

It would be really out of the ordinary if those higher doses apply to freebase moxy properly vaped.. but easily explained if the majority of people are trying to vape it in salt form. Which likely works, but is so lossy that it may very well make it as potent as described like you say.

The thing is, 5-MeO-MiPT is most often taken orally, second might be snorted (both done best with a salt) - since salts are also nice and stable we should expect it to be more commonly sold in salt form which afaik it is. How many people convert it to fb? Something like 5-MeO-DMT would be different because it doesn't work significantly orally and indeed is most often found in freebase form when sold, ready for vaping like DMT.

Referencing TiHKAL, Shuglin was innovating with research on smoking tryptamines. The smoked doses listed in the TiHKAL entries of DMT and 5-MeO-MiPT aren't vaporized doses. We later learned those chemicals combust/degrade if smoked. If vaporized the doses are much lower than the smoked doses mentioned there.

Depending on the person, the vaporized dose spectrum of 5-MeO-MiPT is 1 - 6mg. Depending on the person, the vaporized dose spectrum of DMT is 5 - 50mg.

I would advise against snorting 5-meo-mipt. It is the most vile, disgusting chemical that has ever gone up my nose. Eating it or plugging works just fine.

I would advise against snorting 5-meo-mipt. It is the most vile, disgusting chemical that has ever gone up my nose. Eating it or plugging works just fine.

Can elaborate ho exactly 5-MeO-MiPT is disgusting? Most chemicals taste and feel worse than shit. Anyway, I'm not gonna snort this one because my mg scale isn't gonna measure sub 10mg doses accurately. I only dose it volumetrically. Also, do you have any experience with snorting 5-HO-MiPT?

I said 4-HO-MiPT would probably be disgusting because I've read and noticed 4-x trypts to be so nasty and bitter usually, but not necessarily that caustic.

I don't know if 5-MeO-MiPT is really worse than 5-MeO-DMT, but yeah the latter certainly was caustic in freebase form.

By the way, depending on how bad your scale is.... it's normal for mg scales to be inaccurate in the 0-10 mg range if you don't put anything on it. The easy way to fix that is to just put something on it first like a piece of square paper folded down the diagonal, serving as a weighing tray... I personally don't tare, I'm not sure if that helps. Theoretically taring is only a digital recalculation and wouldn't change anything about the mechanical issues at the 0-10 mg range. Still to be sure I just calculate mentally.
If your balance is inaccurate anyway, obviously none of this will fix it.

Also I am not pretending to know for sure that this allows your scale to measure 0-10 mg amounts accurately...

I guess oral 5-MeO-MiPT and 4-HO-MiPT are really not that bad to settle on.

I found that adding extra weight does not help with accuracy. Usually my scale shows 0 and after a bit of powder jumps suddenly to like 7mg. Then it goes over to 12-15mg. Always jumps of 5mg or so. With the paper, another problem I found is that slightly nudging the paper and changing it's orientations (even when it doesn't touch anything but the scale) messes up it's weight. I don't use it to weight anything less than 15-20mg and even then I need to do it twice or thrice to be sure.

And oral is what I'll stick with for now. Maybe many months down the line, if I feel like experimenting something weird then I'll stick em up my nose.