View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Smokable psychedelics?

LSD-Magic

Bluelighter
Is there anything out there you can smoke that will last longer than 30 mins? I like my trips to last at least 4 hours.

Depending on your definition of "psychedelic" there is always PCP

In 2011 4-HO-MPT or meprocin freebase was going around. I took 4 year break from psychedelics shortly after so no idea if it is still around. My friend and I nicknamed it ziggy sparkle which really fit as far as I'm concerned. It was so light and colorful without inducing full blown psychedelia when smoked. If you smoked enough you tripped, which I did on numerous occasions, but preferred the mid range doses.

This freebase was great smoked and really easy to work with. I kept a vial of acetone solution in the freezer and applied to damiana for immediate use. Mix with weed and light up. Was using it several time a day. Guess it degrades pretty quickly but I didn't have problems. Getting nostalgia thinking about it. Is this still around?

DiPT, maybe MiPT but that may be on the short side if your aim is 4 hours... maybe DOC, 3C-E and 3C-P are options? Don't know about the smokability of 2C-X salts or if that's really something to recommend.

I don't know if it's really anywhere remotely near ideal although AMT is said to be fine smoked. Several tryptamines can apparently be smoked in salt form with only slightly more losses, for example I don't know if freebasing AMT is strictly necessary, same for DPT.

Never heard of people smoking DiPT but that could be quite nice.

Anything that can smoked in a cool looking bowl? I like the bowl to match the visuals.

I find smoked/vaped (vaping is a better method due to the unpredictable loss of the substance due to pyrolysis) drugs in general to be very short lived. Maybe something that has a long period of effect may last longer smoked. Beyond what's been mentioned already nothing springs to mind.
Is there any reason why you seem adamant on this ROA over one more suited to your requirements?
It seems to me that insuffilation or intarectal would be more suited to your needs.

5-MeO-dalt also comes to mind, I've vaped that in the past, and put some in joints to a nice effect. Although it's probably too shortlived for your taste.

Smoking (like psynce said you actually aim for vaporizing instead) is a fast parenteral route for drugtaking, bypassing the first-pass metabolism. It's closest to injecting, snorting and plugging.

Some drugs have different effects when smoked or snorted, this can be because of bypassing stomach-gut metabolism but also because of kinetics: the speed at which the drug is absorbed and transported to the brain.

But there is a limit to your metabolism. You can't smoke a psychedelic that normally has a long duration in the hope that you get a short-lived version, because it will remain active until it is broken down.

I have no idea what you mean by a bowl matching visuals, or what the appearance of your pipe or bong has anything to do with it, but I generally think tryptamines are the ones to vape and they come in a lot of 'shapes and sizes'.

If you convert the ibotenic acid in amanita muscaria mushrooms to muscimol (by oven-drying at low temperatures with an open door), you can peel the red skin off the fungi and pack that in a bowl. You get a heady buzz with a surreal and dreamy headspace.

In 2011 4-HO-MPT or meprocin freebase was going around. I took 4 year break from psychedelics shortly after so no idea if it is still around. My friend and I nicknamed it ziggy sparkle which really fit as far as I'm concerned. It was so light and colorful without inducing full blown psychedelia when smoked. If you smoked enough you tripped, which I did on numerous occasions, but preferred the mid range doses.

This freebase was great smoked and really easy to work with. I kept a vial of acetone solution in the freezer and applied to damiana for immediate use. Mix with weed and light up. Was using it several time a day. Guess it degrades pretty quickly but I didn't have problems. Getting nostalgia thinking about it. Is this still around?

4-HO-MPT is still around, but I'm not sure if the freebase is readily available. I think I have the hydrochloride or the fumarate.... I still intend to try smoking it though, to at least get a taste. This makes me want to do it even more. :) Though, so far my favorite oral trips with it have been the really intense ones!

Never heard of people smoking DiPT but that could be quite nice.

I've heard of a few people doing it, supposedly it really brings out the heavier psychedelic aspects. Definitely something I intend to try one of these days! I'm not sure how long it's supposed to last though.

DMT : smokable, < 15min
DPT freebase : smokable, IDK timing
5-Meo-M/Dipt : smokable, didn't try due to poor result snorted/ingested in myself
4acoDMT / 4hoMET freebased (baking soda) or not : contrary to the popular opinion CAN BE VAPED with okay result, you need higher dose but the trip is still better oral
2c-c : smokable horrible tension/bad feeling result
5-meo-DMT : smokable, actually better result than ingested or snorted

The best that I tried being n,n-DMT, no doubt

I have some 4-HO-MiPT fumarate and 5-MeO-MiPT HCl. Would love to try vaping them. Where can I get more information about that? Do I need to convert to freebase or are the salts vapeable too? Any info on the dosage? Or am I to be the guinea pig?

I also have a cannabis vapourizer which works with a torch lighter. Seeing as how it's even possible to burn the hern, it should work up to 500 Celsius at least I suppose. That should be good right?

Can you give more info in the vaporizer, cause it's definitely not 'the hotter the better'. Pyrolysis will result in burnt product.

I wouldn't vape the 4-HO-MiPT if I were you, but the 5-MeO-MiPT may be quite a nice one to vape if you're into that sort of thing. Trying to vape the salt will result in more loss, you are better off converting to freebase especially if you can set your vaporizer to lower temperatures. High temperatures may burn the shit out of part of it anyway, while still vaporizing part of it in the process.

If you don't mind wasting product and scorching your throat a bit, then yes 5-MeO-MiPT HCl should work. You'd need to adjust the dosage based on how efficiently or inefficiently you are vaping.

I don't perfer to Vaporize. I just like traditional bowl smoking because vaporizing has no taste I can taste because it's so light.

You don't want to taste psychedelic tryptamines or phenethylamines anyway though. So this is miles away from your weed preferences.

And I do respect and appreciate that you have weed habits and preferences, but psychedelics would need to be vaped a little differently, for example by layering and protecting your powder or crystals with inert plant material or ashes so that you don't burn it with a torch.
It really requires more gentle heating up - vaporization is a more delicate process than just blazing your bowl dry. I mean, do you want to dose and trip properly, or not? ;p

Last edited:
I don't perfer to Vaporize. I just like traditional bowl smoking because vaporizing has no taste I can taste because it's so light.

Isn't not tasting it a good thing? Man, if liquor had no taste I would probably get drunk once in a while.
Then again, DMT tastes like shit, but I might miss it if I couldn't taste it. Maybe there's a bit of the placebo effect at work?