Not open for further replies.

Mr. Krinkle

Bluelighter
who's in charge of the smilies?

can we add this guy please? ------->
UPnqy5f.gif

thanks in advance

i have a few more that would be appropriate here

it would be more entertaining if somebody told me their story with a smilie like that.....

i like smilies

:)

There's a ton that could be added, but....

As we learned when we last migrated software, some break when we update or migrate the server :\
This is a somewhat manual effort to get them loaded up and available.
If we add this one, or that one, then e'erbody wants their pet smilie added as well and the workload grows to consume more time than is warranted.

Now that I've got that out of my system, we have added one or two since we relaunched under the new software. And, adding more has been an intent, just a very low priority. My thoughts were to have an open call for people's favorites, then run a public poll on which one(s) to add = keep it fairly limited, keep it to most popular (by demand), and do this periodically to let members know that a) we want their voice in such nicities, and if their pet doesn't make the current poll there will be another chance later. That said, we haven't gotten back to doing such an effort....as it remains low priority. I'll see if I can enlist some help for this from the other staff.

There's a ton that could be added, but....

As we learned when we last migrated software, some break when we update or migrate the server :\
This is a somewhat manual effort to get them loaded up and available.
If we add this one, or that one, then e'erbody wants their pet smilie added as well and the workload grows to consume more time than is warranted.

Now that I've got that out of my system, we have added one or two since we relaunched under the new software. And, adding more has been an intent, just a very low priority. My thoughts were to have an open call for people's favorites, then run a public poll on which one(s) to add = keep it fairly limited, keep it to most popular (by demand), and do this periodically to let members know that a) we want their voice in such nicities, and if their pet doesn't make the current poll there will be another chance later. That said, we haven't gotten back to doing such an effort....as it remains low priority. I'll see if I can enlist some help for this from the other staff.

Thanks....i just think smilies are of a higher priority since it really enhances your messages on the forum....makes it fun....and you know me - fun is my middle name

if you can't find somebody to enlist, im volunteering if need be

as far as others suggestions on smilies, i'd have to rule on that authoritatively, forget the polls, we can hammer it out in a smilie thread, but im very flexible and opened to as many smilies as possible

🍻

If we could increase the amount of old school smileys I'd be totally willing to help. They're way better than the newer ones IMO.

This can be done as well. We recovered as much as we could from our old vB site during the migration - if there are some missing, let's find them on the web and include them in the voting. Same goes for an old-sk00l emojies.

This can be done as well. We recovered as much as we could from our old vB site during the migration - if there are some missing, let's find them on the web and include them in the voting. Same goes for an old-sk00l emojies.

is there a max number of smileys we are limiting ourselves too? If I source the smileys and volunteer to make the thread/poll , should I make it in TL or STH?

is there a max number of smileys we are limiting ourselves too? If I source the smileys and volunteer to make the thread/poll , should I make it in TL or STH?

I'm not aware of a max, I just wanted to limit the upload at any given time so we can have recurring polls to garner member interest and input so we may laugh at their puny cries. Wait, did I say that out loud? :unsure:

I'd suggest TL for traffic purposes, but that is double edged in that it will get a lot of cross talk and noise. You can pick a home, but let's work up a site-wide notice so no matter where people frequent they'll see it and be able to join in.

we should probably delete those newer ones that are already there and just replace them....but yea i never ran a board that had a max limit on them - and ive stacked them in the past

i have a pretty big folder of the old school smilies.. they're around online but harder to find now

anyway, call me when ya need me
seBEJFe.gif
7s6vHoo.gif

MGV8OO6.gif

we should probably delete those newer ones that are already there and just replace them....but yea i never ran a board that had a max limit on them - and ive stacked them in the past

i have a pretty big folder of the old school smilies.. they're around online but harder to find now

anyway, call me when ya need me
seBEJFe.gif
7s6vHoo.gif

MGV8OO6.gif

feel free to message me with what you have. Thanks %)

feel free to message me with what you have. Thanks %)

Ok - i'll put together a folder collection that would work well here....

i have a lot of x-rated ones so i gotta clean up the folder and give you the disney version

bDCNvuR.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.