• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Small money making ideas?

Tutoring high school students if you have a related degree. You can easily get $20-$30 per hr. The working hours are usually evenings after schools finished and your only out lay is fuel if you drive to them (higher charge) and old text books which are cheap as chips.

Auctions, auctions are great to make quick cash, but they take a little leg work. Check the newspapers for auctions and inspect potential buys, then check what it goes for it stores. Once bought, flog off in the trading post or something. Liquidation auctions are best cause the gear is new and you get a better price. I bought a fancy couch at auctions, I'd never seen a couch like it before. Paid $150 for it, sold it for $200, 12 month later. Don't buy pc equipment though, theres too much competition in the market.

And you've got your good old reliable ones, traffic light windscreen washer, but in winter that's not going to work too well. Whore yourself out, find a nice madame or pimp that'll treat ya good.

Conversely you could always re-evaluate your current spending since you are FT employed and just cut back in areas and not bother with another job.

Post Removed due to actively encouraging engagement in criminal activities.

Jungboho, Please read the Bluelight User Agreement. We cannot accept responses such as these, they are irresponsible and break the Bluelight User Agreement, even as a Joke your response was not acceptable.

Post edited by Shal

Last edited by a moderator:
Pseudo G said:
Conversely you could always re-evaluate your current spending since you are FT employed and just cut back in areas and not bother with another job.

that's a good suggestion.. a lot of people i know could save $100 a week just by shopping at the grocery store more often instread of eating out every meal

I've also thought about selling things on ebay, but everything I think to sell... there is already an abundance on ebay. What would make my stuff any more desireable than the hundreds of like items already there? hrmm... :\

Anyway... any ideas?

Anyone have some succesful things they HAVE sold on ebay?

-Bonnie :)

Re: Re: Small money making ideas?

Red Arrow said:
Thats acually a good idea :)

I was in sardinia before and at the hotel we were staying at a guy would come around to the tables at night time and take photos.

The next morning he would have them all stuck up on the wall and if you liked it you could buy it.

Id say he made a fortune because he was selling loads of them at 5euros each. (this was back when italy used lira, whatever the equivilant was)

hey your post gave me an idea on how to avoid people being worried about getting jacked for their $4.. take their picture and give them your website.. tell them to check on line later.. then you post small thumbnails with a watermark across it and offer a high res copy thru email for a couple bucks thru pay pal. of course you have to know how to do all the website stuff

I sell Hot Wheels on ebay pretty successfully, but they were left to me by a family member.

eBay !

A friend of mine was selling Kangaroo Scrotum Money Pouches to the US from Australia. He paid $10AU for them and sold them for $12US - Woah. Thats amazing profit. He also said the Yanks loved them! .... Weird but true!

shals :D

BoNBoNBoNBoNBoN1 said:
No one has been succesful at selling stuff on ebay? :eek:

Depends on what you mean by successful. I have sold things on eBay with success... even made a small profit in most cases. The thing is, like any form of self employment, there's a direct relationship between your investment (usually in time) and the return. If I was to spend 8 hours a day acquiring products, advertising them on eBay and packaging them up when people bought them, I could expect to make a fairly decent salary.
One thing that you can make money on (in Ireland) are camera parts... buy them from Singapore and sell them here at a good profit... 30 - 40% and you'll still undercut the retailers by 20% :)

My brother used to make $1000+ dollars a month profit on eBay at his peak. He used to go around to flea markets early on weekend mornings and buy all the breadbins, christmas tree stands and assorted other old antique tat.

He put it up on eBay with good photographs and descriptions and they'd be snapped up in no time. He made sure he always packaged things properly and sent them quickly, got a shitload of good feedback, more people started buying... etc.

They have drop shipping companies that you can sign upto online and put their goods up for sale on Ebay. You don't have to pay for anything, because they only ship if you make a sale on their products. I was thinking of doing this myself. I just need to get a business license (here in the US) but I think that is only $15.

well quick money fast to me would be robbing a bank or jewlery store ,but no petty thefts,only the thick bills.

i wouldnt suggest the later though since u cant be stupid moron who gets there kicks from doing drugs everyday.

u could become a hired assasin,buy a sniper rifle and start charging 10 G a hit,but again no dumbasses.

invest in a small plane,fly down to columbia/mexico or cuba(if your canadian)bring a bag full of cash maybe the bag u got from the bank earlyer that week and buy a shitload of cocaine then fly it back up to canada,i wouldnt suggest the states since there real hardasses at the moment.

if u live in BC and can get your hands on big bags of BC buds and or mushrooms then all u need is a car and u can travel from the westcoast to the eastcoast and practically double your money.or u can attempt of getting your bags from canada to the states then drive to a big city like NY or LA and trade your key of herb for a key of coke.

now for some legit legal money making.

iv always wanted to try out those online stock exchange computer programs which sounds like good ways of making quick money but i dont kno from experience.any of u tried this computer strock exchange??

u could do what my mom did and just rent out a descent room in your house to someone for at least 300 a month depending on the size and quality of the room,which i think is an easy way to make cash without any work.

one of the guys my mom rented the room to told me how to save money on grocery shopping.u go to the grocery store with a notepad and pen.then u look at the packaging of some products like 2 little pops, chips, cerial, maybe somekinda lean cuisine, anything that has a serial product numbers and a customer help line.u write down all the info down that will tell u what kind of item,the brand name,the serial code that destinguishes it from other products of the same food, the customer help phone number and the date and there might be more but im not sure.basically anything that u can destinguish your product from others legitamatly.call the customer help line and tell them that your pop was flat, your cerial was chewy, your chips didnt have any flavouring or they are soggy even before the expiry date(make sure its a the right dat on the packaging)and basicallly anything that is wrong with a product u can think of but make sure u know what to say.they will ask for serial code and all the info u wrote down then send u free product saving u maybe a week of shoping if u can "scam"enough companies but not to often or they will catch on and your fucked:D

ok the later might be a bit fraudulouse but how do they kno your product doesnt taste like shit,they get legit calls every day.although i never tried it sounds like a neat idea on how to save your self a couple hundred a month.

Well.. all these sound like pretty good ideas, minus the robbing of the bank or jewelry store. ;) There's one thing that everyone's left out though.. and it's a pretty quick little way to make some small money. Just clean out your place.. throw on some price tags and sit it all out in the front yard. =D A good ole fashioned yard sale... People in my neighborhood really like these things.

Visit nightclubs and take digital photos of groups of people. Charge them $4.00 a photo and then email them the photo after the night. This sounded really appealing! I mean for anyone who is trashed $4 is nothing and friends would always do this, but the thing is the club itself! I don't think they would permit it.

kewl idea - but why take the trouble to download n email the photos to em? since they're thrashed anyway, might as well u just keep the money..

but seriously dude in theory what u thought of is good, not only do u get to make money but ud get to meet pple as well, maybe pple who knows other pple who could help u make some money..
mite even meet a few chicks, then charge em cash for beddin u :D

if ur free durin the weekends why not use ur car or borrow ur mate's van n help out pple who are movin? charge them like a decent rate n shit - probably the only flaw here is the money u'll spend on the gas..

or u culd just charge pple money to kick ur ass =D

the polaroid idea sounds a winner shal, that or if someone you know has a lemon tree you could make lemonade and set up a stall outside your house (ala simpsons)

seriously though the polaroid idea does sound alright.

You could get employment answering phones on those late night sex lines too, a friend of a friend does that to supliment her income

linusSL said:
You could get employment answering phones on those late night sex lines too, a friend of a friend does that to supliment her income

wooo hooo... sign me up! I could talk dirty while doing laundry. No problem. ;)

THis is easy

Just buy a nice printer and some expensive paper. Take it to a third world country and copy their money. They don't have any checks on stuff like that. Just copy it and use it to buy the most expensive and transportable products there. Bring them back and sell them

I'm almost sure it will work!

find some sort of charity or agency worth making money for. then hold carwashes to benefit the agency. grab a few friends and wash cars in parking lots along busy highways. heres the key. advertise free carwashes and ask for donations. by charging a set amount, you drive away most people. youll also get rich people who dont want their fancy cars touched but will give money for a worthy cause.

you give the agency some money and make some yourself.

for a club in school, we had a carwash. we made 400$ in one day. it would be easy to give the agency 100$ and keep the rest. do this on weekends at a different spot around the city.