Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Smackie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Tentram and Footscrazy for replying about my questions about the oxy PST cross tolerance.

I decided to not try the PST thing and just buy 2 points of Meth/crystal and 10 xannie bricks last Monday. The points had me going till last night (Wednesday) when I crashed, then I smashed the xannies to sleep and had about 3 bars throughout the day today while at work and apart from feeling tired I am not experiencing any WD at all. I only had mild 160-240mg a day habit but still surprised how I don't even have the yawns or watery eyes. It looks as the meth speeded up the WD and the xannies did the rest.

Feel like I'm in the clear now. Just have to try and not break my rule of using oxy more than 2 days in row. I was on methadone and H from 2002 - 2006 and kicking that was the hardest thing I ever did so I don't want to go back there EVER again, and this year I just got out of rehab for drinking 2 bottles of vodka a day. Might sound like a pipe dream but I think I might be able to manage using oxy without the super addiction and criminal problems H gave me.

I am done with opiates, I can only get codeine but after years of enjoying it, it now makes me angry after an hour until i come down completely, I put it down to tolerance but heard from friends that H sometimes made them angry, there was a thread about opiate rage and if codeine does it to me I worry about stronger opiates and probably not a road I need to go down anyway.

I am having trouble quitting the codeine though, the easy escape it provides is just too tempting. I think bupe is overkill for codeine, just need to keep myself busy with being more social I guess but thats hard for me...

Smack makes me an absolute cunt. I don't know why, I just feel so irritable and annoyed with everyone when I'm on it. Maybe it's because it feels like any outside interference from anyone else fucks up the high. I don't know.

Glad to hear you got through the wd's fairly smoothly SpiritFolk.

I am done with opiates, I can only get codeine but after years of enjoying it, it now makes me angry after an hour until i come down completely, I put it down to tolerance but heard from friends that H sometimes made them angry, there was a thread about opiate rage and if codeine does it to me I worry about stronger opiates and probably not a road I need to go down anyway.

I am having trouble quitting the codeine though, the easy escape it provides is just too tempting. I think bupe is overkill for codeine, just need to keep myself busy with being more social I guess but thats hard for me...

Yeah, I've noticed I can get really irritable and pissed off about things when I am on codeine. It can go either way - either it will put me a bit of a better mood or I'll think about something that plays on my mind quite a bit and get really pissed off about it.

Got a question for the H users here.

There is the possibility of getting some smack. I have tried a few opiates and use codeine in smallish amounts a few times a week. I had a good supply of oxy 80's a few years ago and really enjoyed them. So I have always been interested in trying H but I must say I am scared of addiction and basicly fucking up my life or ODing.

How many of you can say honestly that you can use the drug occassionally?

Would people advise me just to stay well clear or can it be used with some self control?

I haven't had too many problems with addiction before, though I have definately abused things more than I should. Apart from depression, life is really going quite well with money, good physical health and a good job. So I potentially have a lot to lose.

^ I can use heroin occassionally, I think I first tried heroin 7 years ago and to this day I have never had close to a habit. There was a short period where I was using what I consider to be too much heroin but that was like a few times a week at most and was a rather short lived period.

For some reason though, despite my love and fascination with opiates, I seem to have really good control with them. I have a 40mg OxyContin in my drug stash I have had for months, it isn't that I am not tempted by it but my addiction to alcohol does make it easier to put it off since I need to drink a fair bit less to avoid nausea on opiates. Perhaps if I wasn't an alcoholic pot head I would have struggled with addictions to harder drugs over the years, I am not sure, but I did manage to keep my opiate use relatively infrequent even before I picked up a serious taste for drinking.

I think heroin can 100% be used with self control and it all comes down to the individual. Anyone who has had any addiction to milder opiates should almost certainly avoid heroin but if you are keeping it recreational then you shouldn't have any real issue. I honestly find methamphetamine much more habit forming despite the fact I objectively enjoy it less.

I fucking hate opioid rage too and myvdad is smalways a great big trigger so he cops a bit. Morphine i dont get it so much but with synthed ones such as oxy it becomes a lot more present and hardcore \m/

psytaco said:

Would people advise me just to stay well clear or can it be used with some self control?

I do think it's possible to use smack recreationally, but I do also think it's very risky. The thing with opioids and addiction generally, is that often people can keep it recreational for years and years, but fall into dependence later down the track. Just by the very nature of opioids, your tolerances rises and you need to use more or stronger ones to get the same buzz. A change in circumstances or in access can see you using more or binging for a period, which risks giving yourself a small habit. Once you've developed any level of dependence, it can be very difficult to escape the cycle. Once you're dependent, it's like your brain becomes primed for dependence. You can find that even with time off, it takes less and less use to get to a point where your dependent and experiencing withdrawals again, and even if you let your tolerance drop for weeks, it takes only a few days for it to build up again, and increase. In this sense, I think opioids are a lot less forgiving than other drugs, because it can take only one fuck up, one period where you're feeling down and using too much, to develop a dependence which will have great consequences for your future use.

I can't tell you the number of people I've seen on BL who have started out controlling their use, keeping it recreational, only to fall into addiction later, often even years later. My DOC was always methamphetamine, and although I first tried heroin 6 years ago, I didn't like it. I thought I was the least likely person to develop an opioid addiction, and I used smack and others recreationally for 4 years before ever coming close to dependence. Mine started with codeine, though, because it was mild enough for me to appreciate, and from there I went down the well worn track of slowly increasing doses and using stronger opioids.

I do think that using codeine a few times recreationally a week shows a potential for being at risk of opioid dependence. Not on smack specifically, but because using stronger opioids can start the cycle I described above. If you use heroin even semi regularly, your small doses of codeine will no longer give you effect you want, and it's at that point that it's really hard to just say oh well, and accept not using codeine completely. You can increase the dose slightly and get the same effect, and it can seem meaningless, but when you start doing this you're on a dangerous path.

I'm not trying to convince you either way, but just to relate my experience with it. I think trying smack can be a bit of a let down actually, especially for someone who is used to milder opioids. It took me a long time to appreciate it, I definitely didn't find it as 'obviously' euphoric as something like methamphetamine. Make sure to take some anti histamines before hand if you go for it.

I think it's common for opiate dependance to creep up on people without them realising it. I was a responsible user for years before eventually succumbing to the needle, which there was no turning back from that point. I ended up losing all of my material wealth and a lot of my self worth and dignity simply because of that one choice I decided to make a long time ago.

That is, in my opinion, the most dangerous aspect of opiate addiction. You can use for years without it ever being a problem. But it only takes using a little bit too much for a little bit too long, and then your life can completely change.

Examples could be a terrible accident leaving you in immense pain and legitimately prescribed pain-killers, a horrible emotional experience or break-up, the death of a loved one, or even a wonderful life-changing event that makes you want to celebrate. Anything that gets you further from the road less traveled and on your way to that extremely well traveled road to dependance can turn your entire life upside down. Then when you look back, thinking about small things that could have been done differently, well, everyone handles emotional pain in different ways. But opiates do a fucking great job.

I have always been interested in trying H but I must say I am scared of addiction and basicly fucking up my life or ODing.

I feel like i have been in the exact same boat as you bro, first time i did h i was so nervous and excited

Brought 3 points for first time (sharing with 3 mates) all did 10mg up the nose and loved it.

I had the remaining 2.5 points in my cupboard and had some the following weekend then made myself break for a couple weeks.

As long as you dont dose two days in a row.

Stay safe.

PS. How does plugging h go, i have only smoked and snorted it

Footsv-:i still vividly remember when you were only very rarely using opioids - codeine mostly n the ocassional heroin - slowly transitioning into a dependence a few years later.

Its certainly interesting seeing peoples using trends over extensive periods of time fold out in front of you, to read about makes it that much more interesting. Vouyerysm like :p

On the Vanguard Oxycontin express documentry a guys smokes his oxys in the pill form? Has anyone else tried this?

If you want to smoke oxys, get a new piece of foil and keep it as flat as possible. Use a pair of scissors or a sharp blade to chop it up into small chunks, like match head sized or smaller(do not crush it). Place it onto the foil, lighter and then angle the foil as it starts to melt and chase it down in a straight line. Takes a bit of getting used to but you get sooo much more out of it than any other technique I've tried.

No just dont do it and give your lungs a fair crack by not exposing them to such toxic smoke...

Takem them orally ffs. A way thats most efficient, harmless and garunteed to have effect!

Aaaaaaaaand the final prep if 200mg of IV morphine from this script. 50-100mg from niw on along wih rectal doses using all the saved up, freeze dried cotton washies - which tend to really add uo believe it or not.

*crunches into fresh carrot and begins to roll a fresh cigarette to compliment the wonderful hit that was just administered*

Wow, Im actually surprised at some of the posts in this thread, I usually I feel that bluelight over hypes the dangers of heroin and over estimates how quickly people develop a habit, but some of the posts in this thread seem almost encouraging that heroin is a drug that can be used by most responsibly.

Yeah, I've noticed I can get really irritable and pissed off about things when I am on codeine. It can go either way - either it will put me a bit of a better mood or I'll think about something that plays on my mind quite a bit and get really pissed off about it.

There is the possibility of getting some smack. I have tried a few opiates and use codeine in smallish amounts a few times a week. I had a good supply of oxy 80's a few years ago and really enjoyed them. So I have always been interested in trying H but I must say I am scared of addiction and basicly fucking up my life or ODing.

I haven't had too many problems with addiction before, though I have definately abused things more than I should. Apart from depression, life is really going quite well with money, good physical health and a good job. So I potentially have a lot to lose.

I think that if you have had problems with addiction before, you should stay far far away from smack. I am kind of like you, I once got some oxy 20's and thought I could make them last a while. So much for that, but anyway to my point.

I was chatting with a fellow BL admin about opiates and my thorough enjoyment of the rare oxy I got and how quickly I ate it all, then he said something along the lines of "mate trust me I've been there and seen many many people say the same thing about how smack addiction creeps up quicker than you will believe"

I also lost a mate from a heroin OD (almost been a year now R.I.P), you really are playing with fire when it comes to smack.

I think it's common for opiate dependence to creep up on people without them realising it..

I think opiate addiction is a massively complex mechanism driven primary by our brains evolution around the use of opiates for significant brain function. The idea that there people out there deficient or incapable of producing their natural opiates at the right time says that we're scarily more susceptible to opiate addiction then others. Its not like there are a lot of us. Only 1% of people who take opiates regularly end up having an addiction. Shit we're rarer than a white whale.

I've only recently come to this conclusion due to my own personal experience of discovering just this year that I have Narcolepsy. Yep falling asleep during work, during meetings and literally whilst talking to people lead me to the conclusion that I was suffering something. Although you have to go to a sleep centre (not on my budget/free time), after discussing the matter with my GP and reading much on the subject I discovered my life of misery, sleep paralysis (really fucking awful thing), temporary muscle paralysis – known as cataplexy, hallucinations (nightmareish shit), difficulty concentrating (learning difficulties anyone?), restless night-time sleep and a fuck load of sleep talking and walking (like super weird shit of walking around the house, punching people, sitting in showers was caused by my narcolepsy.

However what does this have to do with heroin chugs? Strangely enough one of the drugs they use to treat narcolepsy is codeine.

It was like a moment of clarity had struck me the moment i read that. I realised that during my twenty years of codeine use that when I used regularly, codeine that is that my childhood narcolepsy symptoms years, when at 13 i became i addicted to codeine that my nightmarish symptoms abated.

So upon growing up and quitting smack and codeine I found, in retrospect, my symptoms returning - especially the sleep talking/walking and restless leg (basically it shakes like buggery). My wife was actually getting really worried and was at one point going to sleep in another room. Though I would still use codeine it was just a for every now and then and nothing regular.

Over ten years passed and I started using smack semi regularly. The smack doesn't stop the Narcolepsy so when i started falling asleep at work I realised one day after using some codeine to hold off some withdrawals how effective it was at stopping me from falling asleep at work. I then discovered that buprenorphine was also extremely effective at keeping the narcolepsy at bay. If anything buprenorphine is too effective. I get crazy bad insomnia from it.

Sorry for the long post but i guess my point is that there are some really legitimate reasons for using opiates and its clear that our brains aren't working properly for whatever reason. So many of us Gen X/Y's had parents who drank during their pregnancy. I know mine did and I know that alcohol fetal syndrome has clear affects on brain chemistry.

Like William S Burroughs believed, the brain needs opiates, we've evolved to use them for significant purposes in our brains. For those who's brains aren't built properly we tend to gravitate to the things that work for us, consciously or subconsciously.

I'd dare say this is partly the reasons for the waive opiate addiction we've seen over the last twenty years.

Anyway my apologises if I've bored any of you to sleep (ha)

Before I became addicted, opiates were definitely used as legitimate medicine for me. It stopped my anxiety issues, fixed my depression, obviously helped my pain problems and countless other minor things such as ability to eat healthily, exercise regularly, spend more time doing things with people that mattered because of the issues mentioned above. It seemed like the perfect medicine that fixed all my problems. Now, because it's illegal, it causes a lot of problems. Methadone doesn't fix any of those problems mentioned, this is one reason why I am an advocate for heroin maintenance. It works.

Quick question about IV H, once I draw up a shot how long can it stay in the rig before its used.

I.e can I prep a shot now for use in an hour etc

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.