• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc sleeping meds

These include major depressive disorder and anxiety disorders, and less commonly attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and bipolar disorder.[2][3] Other uses include prevention of migraines, treatment of neuropathic pain such as fibromyalgia and postherpetic neuralgia, and less commonly insomnia.

So what do I say i'm taking it for? Insomnia?
Since that's what you wanted it for, yes.

If you say "no" to benzo and other narcotics, there are literally like zero options.

And to everyone recommending anti-histamines: the truth is, Mirtazapine/Remerone beats them all when it comes to antihistaminergic effect. And in doses up to 15 mg, it basically works like a pure anti-histamin.

300mg is a high dose of pregabalin for someone without tolerance. Starting therapeutic dose is 150mg which should be plenty. But the onset is a few hours and you will wake up mashed on pregabalin for the day so not so great functionally at least in my experience.

Promethazine is a pretty potent antihistamine, almost as much as mirtazapine and the like, and has me full on zombified.

I'd say zolpidem is the cleanest solution since it works so quickly and has such a short half-life. You're out in 20 minutes and in the morning you feel normal.

Even zopiclone, although it has a longer half-life, has no real effect in the morning except that weird metal taste in your mouth.
I 600 mg for it to help me sleep, and even without tolerance, 150 mg would have no noticeable effect. 300 mg neither.

He said no to benzos and I suppose that goes for Z-benzos as well, otherwise obviously Zopiclone/Zolpidem/Zaleplon. But the only thing that seperates them from benzodiazepines, practically, is what you call them (i e the drug class' name).

I 600 mg for it to help me sleep, and even without tolerance, 150 mg would have no noticeable effect. 300 mg neither.

That's pretty mad to me, I haven't used pregabalin for like a year and I felt even 50mg the other day, admittedly I did it on top of 1mg clonazepam but that's a script I have a tolerance to.

He said no to benzos and I suppose that goes for Z-benzos as well

Z-drugs are also known as non-benzodiazepines. They interact with the GABA receptors but they're still totally different pharmacologically. If z-drugs are off the table then pregabalin should be too, pregabalin withdrawal is even worse than benzo withdrawal.

300mg is a high dose of pregabalin for someone without tolerance. Starting therapeutic dose is 150mg which should be plenty. But the onset is a few hours and you will wake up mashed on pregabalin for the day so not so great functionally at least in my experience.

Promethazine is a pretty potent antihistamine, almost as much as mirtazapine and the like, and has me full on zombified.

I'd say zolpidem is the cleanest solution since it works so quickly and has such a short half-life. You're out in 20 minutes and in the morning you feel normal.

Even zopiclone, although it has a longer half-life, has no real effect in the morning except that weird metal taste in your mouth.

That was the dosage I got prescribed for sciatica. I am a big person and 300mg was ok. At 600mg I was a bit wobbly after sleeping for hours. Even the first time I took pregabalin at 150mg, a tablet, I can't say I felt any difference. I don't have a tolerance to it as I took it only occasionally until I ran out.

Zolpidem was the weakest for me instead.

When I take promethazine I take about 10mg, max 20mg. Small dose. There are people here taking 200mg! I can't say it makes me feel anywhere near a zombie at that dosage. It barely makes me sleepy. I am reluctant to go up with the dosage as I don't like having a dry mouth.

Apart from opiates I tend to stick with therapeutic dosages with other meds.

Last edited:
I got the 25mg promethazine tablets since they're OTC here. That's enough to have me zombified easy. Feels similar to mirtazapine which makes sense really since those TCA's are also antihistamines. Can't personally stand that family of drugs.

But just a regular 10mg dose of zolpidem or 7.5mg dose of zopiclone is enough to be effective as a sleeper for me, and I have GABA tolerance too. I find z-drugs very effective myself.

As for pregabalin it really does seem to be one of those substances where the effects vary wildly by individual. I can handle my usual downers, my benzos and my opiates, but even a regular therapeutic dose of pregabalin has me fucking mashed. Hated being on it daily. Fun on the weekends assuming I don't need to be functional though.

That's pretty mad to me, I haven't used pregabalin for like a year and I felt even 50mg the other day, admittedly I did it on top of 1mg clonazepam but that's a script I have a tolerance to.

Z-drugs are also known as non-benzodiazepines. They interact with the GABA receptors but they're still totally different pharmacologically. If z-drugs are off the table then pregabalin should be too, pregabalin withdrawal is even worse than benzo withdrawal.

Well, to be honest I also died once when I had taken 1100 mgs and then shot my usual dose of heroine, without tolerance, and it gets really strong when combined with opiates.

But please tell me, how is zopiclone totally different pharmacologically from benzodiazepines? (Except of course that it's not)

Seroquel has to be the shittiesout of all the meds that have been Mentioned. Took 300mg after about four months break and it still didn't knock me out just made me feel like shit today

Well, to be honest I also died once when I had taken 1100 mgs and then shot my usual dose of heroine, without tolerance, and it gets really strong when combined with opiates.

But please tell me, how is zopiclone totally different pharmacologically from benzodiazepines? (Except of course that it's not)

Yes pregabalin will potentate opioids just like any downer.

I should have said chemically rather than pharmacologically. Look up the chemical class of zopiclone and zolpidem, both very different from benzodiazepines. Pharmacologically they are similar but far more selective in their GABA agonism so not as prone to dependence as benzos are although the risk obviously still exists as with any GABAergic.

Still I maintain z-drugs are not as risky as benzos for addiction.

Took amitryptalyne 25mg did nothing took 50mg did nothing didn't work for me. Any other suggestions

Took amitryptalyne 25mg did nothing took 50mg did nothing didn't work for me. Any other suggestions
Why'd you take that for insomnia?

If you want to get sedated and sleep deep: Mirtazapine
If you does not want the anti-depressant or hunger-inducing effects of Mirtazapine: Alimemazine (in it's liquid form) is really the best anti-histamine-like medicine I've tested.
If you want to correct your daily sleep routine: the anti-depressant Agomelatine

When Amitriptyline works it’s about the best insomnia med there is. However some do not respond at low doses or at all.

Same with Mirtazapine and Trazadone I found.

When Amitriptyline works it’s about the best insomnia med there is. However some do not respond at low doses or at all.

Same with Mirtazapine and Trazadone I found.

I find when I take amitriptyline for opiate withdrawl caused insomnia, it increases RLS and restlessness in general 1000 fold...

I have a script for it and I tried it a few times leading to some of the worst nights of my life during withdrawl... It was truely hellish

Yes pregabalin will potentate opioids just like any downer.

I should have said chemically rather than pharmacologically. Look up the chemical class of zopiclone and zolpidem, both very different from benzodiazepines. Pharmacologically they are similar but far more selective in their GABA agonism so not as prone to dependence as benzos are although the risk obviously still exists as with any GABAergic.

Still I maintain z-drugs are not as risky as benzos for addiction.

Zopiclone is far less subunit-selective than zolpidem.

To your receptors, zopiclone is effectively no different than a (short-acting) benzo.

As for zolpidem, I always found it to be *more* euphoric/recreational than alprazolam, though there seems to be a much greater degree of variability in how a patient responds to zolpidem than with benzos.

If you does not want the anti-depressant or hunger-inducing effects of Mirtazapine: Alimemazine (in it's liquid form) is really the best anti-histamine-like medicine I've tested.
If you want to correct your daily sleep routine: the anti-depressant Agomelatine
Nah I don't like anti depressants

some kind of this tincture oil, threw the label out. its like 95% thc. so far have been able postpone my opioid and benzo dosing.
i'm high to outter space and back.
wax doses.
1/2 a benzo so far.
still passed out on a red bull.
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain, you would not understand
This is not how I am
I have become
comfortably done.
but i might need another xanax
. . . . soon .
that will keep me going through the show
come on its time to go.
There is pain, i am receding.
i can't understand why i am so
very wasted, but take them for
extended times Now. and then.
they are green and it seems like
purple ones are more potent but
it is prolly just Me.
Thanks I'll check that out

benzo tolerance just happens so fast so its shitty as a long term solution. basically create a bigger problem than you had before.
a low dose of of sereqoeul works wonders for alot of people i know. and there tolerance is non existent.
25mg or 50mg. its only really used as an anti-psychotic at very high doses 150mg and above.
i currently take 400mg at night. used for my bpd and mood stabilizer , but i get my 8 hours of sleep everynight.