• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Sleep still fucked days later after meth ONCE! How long does this last?

ombass

Greenlighter
Hi folks,

SWIM did meth ONE TIME about 5 days ago, and sleep has been fucked ever since. Before this, 7-8 hours sleep no problem. Now, waking up 6am every day, still tired, after only 4-5 hours sleep. It’s really disrupted the sleep / wake cycle.

It’s super annoying! SWIM is not very experienced w meth. Maybe done it 5 times total in life, but not for 10+ years or so. This time was a stronger dose, was up all night until 4pm the next day and was only able to sleep 30 min that first night. Brutal! Never again.

I just want to sleep normal again. When does normal sleep come back? Anything I can do to accelerate healing? Thank you 🙏

Please don't use "SWIM", just ask what you want to ask and don't worry about "incriminating yourself"—it will not protect you :)

Methamphetamine has a longer half-life and it is dependent on the dose that you took. If it is a higher dose, it takes many half-lives for the meth to leave the system completely. For acute stimulant-induced insomnia, taking 1mg alprazolam or other benzodiazepines short-term helps put me to sleep (although I wouldn't suggest taking benzo longer than 4 weeks).

Please don't use "SWIM", just ask what you want to ask and don't worry about "incriminating yourself"—it will not protect you :)

Methamphetamine has a longer half-life and it is dependent on the dose that you took. If it is a higher dose, it takes many half-lives for the meth to leave the system completely. For acute stimulant-induced insomnia, taking 1mg alprazolam or other benzodiazepines short-term helps put me to sleep (although I wouldn't suggest taking benzo longer than 4 weeks).
Thanks for the quick reply. Wasn’t sure about the SWIM shit haha 😆 thanks for clarifying.

I had a bad run w benzos years ago (Xanax) so I don’t touch them anymore. You are indeed correct though, for acute stimulant based insomnia they work wonders. Would have killed for some at the end of the horrible meth episode when I only slept 30 min.

It was an incremental dose, in a nasal spray. Did a couple pumps and felt great. Kept that going too long and too late, and it fucked me. You can’t do meth like coke! Half life way, WAY too long.

How many half lives did I go through? Not sure. But considering it’s been 5 days and my sleep shit still isn’t right, I’m guessing quite a few…

Thanks for your help 🙏

Thanks for the quick reply. Wasn’t sure about the SWIM shit haha 😆 thanks for clarifying.

I had a bad run w benzos years ago (Xanax) so I don’t touch them anymore. You are indeed correct though, for acute stimulant based insomnia they work wonders. Would have killed for some at the end of the horrible meth episode when I only slept 30 min.

It was an incremental dose, in a nasal spray. Did a couple pumps and felt great. Kept that going too long and too late, and it fucked me. You can’t do meth like coke! Half life way, WAY too long.

How many half lives did I go through? Not sure. But considering it’s been 5 days and my sleep shit still isn’t right, I’m guessing quite a few…

Thanks for your help 🙏
I've written in detail about how half-lives work in another post (so lookup meth half-life in wiki and figure it out for meth): https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/taking-wellbutrin-not-as-prescribed.930153/post-15772146

But if you don't want to take benzos, try grape juice (NOT grapefruit juice); I used to take it for meth comedowns when I was using meth and didn't had immediate access to benzos and it helped me personally (I don't know if it works for you). Try melatonin when you're in bed (don't take melatonin prior to going to bed otherwise it goes to waste).

for me, it was always 10 days until i felt like myself again - which i thought was one of the worst things about it - so that's why i retired from it so quickly

it's garbage :thumbs down:
10 DAYS ☹️🥺😩 BRUTAL!!!

Fuck… but yeah. Sounds about right.

Seems like my avoidance of this poison has been a good thing.

My friend who convinced me it was ok swore that “Swiss stuff is pure and you can sleep on it…” hahaha yeah, don’t think so, asshole.

Never, ever again!!

That's why I don't do meth anymore.
Sure, I love the high. But I also like to get a decent night's sleep. Fuck meth.
Well said, my friend!!! I love sleep way too much.

And the fucked up part is, my sleep has JUST RECENTLY been great. Had a lot of sleep problems in the past, was so stoked to overcome them… and now this crap 😞😒😩

FUCK METH

I've written in detail about how half-lives work in another post (so lookup meth half-life in wiki and figure it out for meth): https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/taking-wellbutrin-not-as-prescribed.930153/post-15772146

But if you don't want to take benzos, try grape juice (NOT grapefruit juice); I used to take it for meth comedowns when I was using meth and didn't had immediate access to benzos and it helped me personally (I don't know if it works for you). Try melatonin when you're in bed (don't take melatonin prior to going to bed otherwise it goes to waste).
easy post 4 half life explanation

Well said, my friend!!! I love sleep way too much.

And the fucked up part is, my sleep has JUST RECENTLY been great. Had a lot of sleep problems in the past, was so stoked to overcome them… and now this crap 😞😒😩

FUCK METH

Don't try to stress yourself. Just take it easy and relax. Remember, sleep deprivation causes acute hypertension and excess stress during this period of acute hypertension might increase your risk of hypertensive crisis (which is dangerous). This is preciously the reason why I befriend benzos until I get my sleep schedule sorted again (and stop using benzos gradually once I have a good sleep with stimulant use). I take stimulants every day for my ADHD and sometimes it fucks up with my sleep but I try to keep a strict schedule (at least as best as I can).

U need more time to got in shape,if u used meth...more time to recover,than coke,regular amph,x pills...and so on.meth is heavy artillery of speed.U got more from everything-rush,side effects,after effects,negative impacts&so on

U need more time to got in shape,if u used meth...more time to recover,than coke,regular amph,x pills...and so on.meth is heavy artillery of speed.U got more from everything-rush,side effects,after effects,negative impacts&so on
It was “Swiss amphetamine” — supposedly very pure / clean, someone brought it from Europe. I don’t think it was meth in the USA street drug sense.

I’ve seen people smoke high quality stuff that will rock your world and then go eat dinner and go to bed. Just depends on your tolerance and some other things. Probably the best advice if you’re using it is, after the first dose, wait at least 6-8 hours before using again. And if it’s late at that time don’t. Just try to get a few hours of sleep. Then you can use again in the morning if you want. Try not to chase the high without getting sleep, food etc.

You have it right. You reset your circadian rhythms. Definitely since you've had sleep issues in the past. Look up reseting your circadian rhythms if you haven't before.

Sleep hygiene, etc.. I've had age related issues with waking up too early lately and found sunlight in the evening to be surprisingly therapeutic. I walk around the block after supper.

If you take it everyday you get used to it.

At one time I was prescribed 50 mg of Vyvanse plus 30 mg of Adderall three times a day for a chronic condition.

After about 2 weeks of habituation I slept like a baby.

I know that's not methamphetamine but you get the point.
Same with my Vyvanse dose as well. Been on 20mg Vyvanse for about two weeks now, I've had sleep disturbances in the first week, but it usually goes away if I continue to take it. I think increasing the Vyvanse dose in the future might bring back the sleep disturbances acutely? But with meth, I've had worse sleep disturbances, which makes sense given meth's potency and half-life compared to d-amph in Vyvanse.

Maybe try diphenhydramine or promethazine or some other OTC sleep aid, they can help. How is your alcohol intake? As this can fuck up your sleep. If you drink regularly, like a 6 pack a night, I've found it had my waking up anxious at 3-4am when the booze left my system.
How's ya sleep now @ombass?