• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

slang terms for "grades" of pot

Hey guys, I was wondering where some of you people learned all this. Some of you seemed to know all kinds of slang, and technical terms, and overall very well educated on Marijuana. Do those of you like this know of any good resources (i.e. links, books, etc.) to where I could read up on that kind of stuff? Or do you just know it so well because you've been in the game for such a long time.
Thanks
[ 14 August 2002: Message edited by: WalkiTlk ]

WalkiTlk: Just be a hardcore pothead with people who are older and that have been around the world a few times, maybe even been to prison. Do that for at least 4 or 5 years, and then you'll have a good start.

I think that all the weed knowledge is just obtained by experiences and people you associate with. Im not sure if there is a book you can get as most of this is area related slang. But I thought i mite add a few more terms in.
By the way im in Australia
Hydro: Nearly always good quality buds grown indoors, I have not heard that about the no soil and just water as someone stated earlier but i dont doubt this.
BushBud a.k.a Bush: Average to lowish quality looks more natural and nearly always grown outdoors. Considerably cheaper than hydro but for somereason where I am I only ever see it for a few months a year.
I hope this helps :)

I read in a magazine which I just went to check and it says the term Skunk come from Skunk Sam who was from California and blended different strains to come up with something much stronger?

Originally posted by HighaRolla:

Hydro: Nearly always good quality buds grown indoors, I have not heard that about the no soil and just water as someone stated earlier but i dont doubt this.

Hydro stands for hydroponic. Using hydroponics weed is grown with no soil, but with water, light, and minerals.

Wow $100 A 1/4, Thats ridiculous, Visit beautiful upstate New York you could save yourself alot of money, I pay 30 an 1/8th around 55-60 a quarter for beautiful bigass red headed dank nuggets,(we call it dank/kind bud) some shit is white and hard as a rock, we are talking straight up High Times and I mean that literally.

Minnesota
shwag/merche: low grade pot, lots of beeners and stems. shit sucks. 20-30 quarter
imbies/mids: fairly strong smoke-compared to shwag, red or orange hairs present. sativa strains. 40-70 quarter
nugz/dank/bombs/hydro: very potent, dense, sticky nugs with lots of hairs and pistils. Large amounts of fruity smelling indicas here 90-150 quarter

skunk I think thats it then , not skank that I said.. I live in BRazil. well,look at my name heh
anyway... skunk here is not easy to find.. most come from friends who had been in amsterdan or new zealand... but there are a few dealers selling it here too, but most of people never really smoked it here..
skunk can be coloured , right ? (not green..)
well, anyone smoked xaras? ( hash made of skunk! )
hard to find here either, but if u got some connections.. hehe

in case you haven't been keeping a scorecard, and want to get away with some geographical differences:
schwag pot (also called commercial grade, or simply commercial) is the cheapest and has the highest ratio of seeds/stems to bud. don't be surprised if up to half of the weight is made up of seeds or stems.
then you have midgrade pot. slightly more expensive, less seeds and stems, better high.
kind bud, or alternately kine, probably either of which are correct as the other, is at the top of the ladder. it generally has no seeds (sinsemilla, which is spanish for no seeds) and little in the way of stems.
the word kine is supposed to derive from hawaian surfer lingo. i have a sneaking suspicion that the phrase 'kind' is a distortion of that based on a grateful dead song which contains the line "are you kind?", which was instantly applied to anything some random hippie was selling, ie a 'kind veggie burrito', etc.
hydro of course should be taken to mean hydroponic, but there are plenty of people not bright enough to realize this who will call any good pot this.
as far as i can tell people in the UK and australia seem to use skunk to mean any generic kind of good pot. in the US it is largely reserved for pot that when burnt actually smells a lot like skunk spray (but nowhere near as bad - i was recently about 50 yards from a spraying skunk, and i can tell you that the smell would have curled hair).
the same people seem to refer to hashish as resin as well, where in the US resin is the goop left stuck to the inside of your pipe.
the words indica or sativa indicate which species of cannabis plant it comes from, of course there are hybrids. there is also c. ruderalis, which may or may not have psychoactive properties depending on who you talk to.
things like 'bubbleberry' and 'g-13' as previously mentioned refer to different strains of pot. each one has it's fans and detractors.

lots of misinformation in this thread. the true form is KINE, "kind" is just a slang, Americanized bastardization of the word. It's not SHAFE, it's "shake." it's called this because it's bits of the plant that have been shaken off. DANK bud is generally good, but the term actually refers to bud that is not fully dried and is quite fresh.
also, all this talk about quarter ounces for $100 US only applies to Americans. i can get a quarter of fucking CHRONIC weed for like 50 bucks Canadian, which is like $30 US. marijuana laws are much stricter in the USA, which entails the way higher prices.

Can anybody please clarify the whole "KINE" vs "KIND" bud debate. I always thought it was kine, but I rarely smoke or research marijuana. Pothead friends, who smoke daily, will insist it's kind.
Can anyone clarify this with some sources or documentation, so I can squash it once and for all. Thanks.

i tried to clarify as best i could. the only sources you'll find for information about that are stoner-type magazines like high times.

i live in VA:
chronic=good shit
schwag="i will kill you for puttin that in my pipe"...not good shit!
J=joint
trees=weed
O =once
kon-bud =good shit!(dont know how it went fron kind to KON,weird.
skunk= really strong smellin(good too)
dro=hydro
BOB=blunt
commercial=ok weed,will get ya high
dank=good shit!
Q-P=quarter pound
alot of weed have names like ORANGE-CRUSH,BLUE-HEAVEN,cause they may have that color hairs on them.And if somthin smells like,say a blueberry it will be called BLUEBERRY(and there is a strain of this and it tastes like blueberries too)
but it does depend on WHERE you are,cause people call weed all kinds of shit

Schwag, (THERE IS NO FUCKING SUCH THING AS MIDDIES, MID GRADE, WHATEVER THOSE DAMN HIGH SCHOOL KIDS ARE CALLING CHEAPLY GROWN NUGS THESE DAYS!), Beasters, KIND bud, skunks, g13, nugs, herbs, gold, haze, dro, hydro, tree, z, g, eighth-street, elbow, L, spliff, rez, rhino, blueberries, pussywillow, 'ash, browniez, chocolate, green, BUDS!
and ya know what i cant think of anything else...

yeah I meant charas...
not xaras as I said hehe
anyone experienced? I only smoked it 3 times...or so..
anyone knows exactly what is it ?
exactly!

some of my favorites are: cheeba, ganja, herb, weed, kind bud (only for chronic though), kind, KB.

Originally posted by THE WOOD:
THERE IS NO FUCKING SUCH THING AS MIDDIES, MID GRADE, WHATEVER THOSE DAMN HIGH SCHOOL KIDS ARE CALLING CHEAPLY GROWN NUGS THESE DAYS!
so according to you, there is pot that sucks and pot that is good. whatever. there's certainly mid-grade pot.