View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Skin contact with powder rc's?

Distortionz

Greenlighter
Rarely after weighing and doing what I need to do with my chems I will feel A bit weird. Is it possible to get effects just from getting the powder on my hands? To be more specific today I was working with 4-AcO-DMT and I was in A bit of A hurry so it turned out quite sloppy, now I am definetaly feeling something I was trying to lean towards being tired or that it was just in my head but no doubt im a tiny bit fucked up and I take no medications, haven't smoked any bud in 3 days and don't drink coffee. Also if this is possible do you think it could lead to tolerance when I actually take some tomorrow? Thats whats annoying me I think im going to up my dose tomorrow because I wanted to be to sleep A couple hours ago now I know thats not an option.

Also is this possible for Blotter LSD? Knew A dealer who used to just sell doses all day and would rip whatever off the sheet with his bare hands each time so he was touching it a lot. Thanks for any input

I've heard of it happening with LSD, but I don't think such a small amount of 4-AcO would get absorbed and make you feel anything.

I've had similar things with several chems, 4aco-dmt included. I've read all the msds sheets before handling them and some do say to avoid skin contact. However knowing the dosages for these chems, it seems unlikely one would dermally absorb that much. I suppose its certainly possible, and have experience both threshold effects and tolerance from handling them. It may be placebo, but I doubt enough is known about most "research chemicals" to have a definite answer. Hence the term i suppose...

Is it possible some powder got into the air unnoticed and you inhaled it? That could account for some effects. In theory, powders with such a large dosage (as opposed to LSD which is in the microgram range) cannot be absorbed in sufficient quantities through the skin. I don't think most powders even can absorb through the skin.

Could it have been a placibo effect? In Phikal there is an entry under 2c-I that one was feeling effects from 0 mgs. Perhaps you thought you absorbed some and tricked your mind? This is intersesting tho. I know when I work with RC's they tend to get on my fingers and I just brush it off and have yet to trip from that, maybe what xorky said could be true too, some got in the air and you inhaled, however I dont see that producing a real trip.. I dunno.

Re LSD: I think it would have to be a very large dose that was wet in some way and absorbed into your skin... think SLC punk when the kid is running through the sprinklers with 2 sheets in his pants... HOWEVER I have never experienced this or known anyone that has <3

Love & Lite

I think it would have to be a very large dose that was wet in some way and absorbed into your skin... think SLC punk when the kid is running through the sprinklers with 2 sheets in his pants... HOWEVER I have never experienced this or known anyone that has <3

Love & Lite

I've always heard stories about people being caught in the rain at festies having large amounts of blotter in there pocket and being sent into a huge trip from it being absorbed into there skin. I wonder if there's any truth to it or if it all just hear say. It's like the kentucky fried mouse. Ive never met someone it happened to it's always a friend of a friend , yeah know.

maybe what xorky said could be true too, some got in the air and you inhaled, however I dont see that producing a real trip.. I dunno.

Well the reason I suggested it is because the OP said he's a tiny bit fucked up, not tripping. Like some sort of threshold effect.

Re LSD: I think it would have to be a very large dose that was wet in some way and absorbed into your skin... think SLC punk when the kid is running through the sprinklers with 2 sheets in his pants... HOWEVER I have never experienced this or known anyone that has <3

Love & Lite

This was quite a discussion in PD a while ago after I think Nick Sand asserted that while testing for transdermal absorption of LSD he painted his entire body in DMSO and concentrated LSD solution and didn't get any effects...maybe LSD really isn't possible with transdermal ROA, but then what about hofmann's first accidental encounter? Idk, interesting though

Pure psilocybin and psilocin made me trip lightly while I was messing around, extracting the pure forms. I was suprised! Lucid moments :D

These were still whet crystals however. Not a dry powder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just lick my fingers after I weighed 2c-i. The scale and Ace of Spades card I used, too.

That's a great idea, just ingest random amounts of psychedelic chemicals which have never been tested in humans and seldom tested in animals!

What do you mean 2C-I hasn't been tested on humans? Plenty of people have tested it...

3 different times when i was weighing out 2ce after about a few hours I'd need a break, I couldent weight anymore because i was tripping, and thus turned into a 3 days project of weighing and tripping lol

Rarely after weighing and doing what I need to do with my chems I will feel A bit weird. Is it possible to get effects just from getting the powder on my hands? To be more specific today I was working with 4-AcO-DMT and I was in A bit of A hurry so it turned out quite sloppy, now I am definetaly feeling something I was trying to lean towards being tired or that it was just in my head but no doubt im a tiny bit fucked up and I take no medications, haven't smoked any bud in 3 days and don't drink coffee. Also if this is possible do you think it could lead to tolerance when I actually take some tomorrow? Thats whats annoying me I think im going to up my dose tomorrow because I wanted to be to sleep A couple hours ago now I know thats not an option.

Also is this possible for Blotter LSD? Knew A dealer who used to just sell doses all day and would rip whatever off the sheet with his bare hands each time so he was touching it a lot. Thanks for any input

Why do you not wear gloves when handling these compounds?

inhaled is likely.. if you watch it in the light a lot does escape into the air..

Yeah I noticed this last week when I was sorting some 2C-B. I knocked the capsule with the powder in and as the sun was beaming through the window I saw thousands of little particles floating in front of my face.

Yes, I have had several + experiences just from filling capsules.

I have personally witnessed a little flake of 2C-E catch a draft and become airborne, only to drift on up to the current blowing up my nostril and fly on up there leaving a pinpoint burning sensation where it stuck to my mucosa. Felt that one!

I often suspected that it was placebo-ish...but having dealt with a variety of chemicals in such a way and having had similar placebo +'s in several instances I've been compelled to consider that it's actually an effect of a small amount of the drug. The fact that other people have had similar experiences is further support to this view.

It could still be placebo...but I know that I don't catch a buzz when I look at the bag...it has to be open and the powder has to be agitated.

Yeah Delta_9 knows the score. wear some gloves and a mask! :p

and some dorky glasses for effect.