European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Six in hospital after taking "2-CB"

Ismene

Bluelighter
Could this perhaps more accurately be called "fake 2-CB" rather than 2-CB? They are only students tho - perhaps they took too much and got in out of their depth.

Anyway, heads up if you've bought any lately:

One man is critically ill and five others are in hospital after taking a hallucinogenic drug believed to be 2CB, described as a cross between ecstasy and LSD.

Police and paramedics were called to a house in Jesmond, Newcastle, at 3am on Friday after receiving a report expressing concerns for the welfare of six men, believed to be between 19 and 22, some of them thought to be students.

Police believe they took 2CB, which also known as bromo and nexus, an illegal synthetic drug which was bought over the internet.

Chief Superintendent Gary Calvert of Northumbria police said: "We were called to the address early this morning and six people have been taken to hospital, one is in a critical condition."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/jan/11/six-in-hospital-hallucinogen-2cb

"...one is in a critical condition."

Surely you'd have to massively overdose 2cb for that to happen? I'd go with fake. I'm pretty sure Spade took a ridiculous amount of 2cb once & all he did was freak right out his dish, he didn't end up in hospital.

"Bought over the internet" = not 2C-B, I'd say. One of the NBOME's would be my bet. Can't imagine any of the standard 2C's landing folk in hospital really. Certainly not critical in hospital. Poor buggers. Such a shame that this kinda shit has to keep happening cos so much of drug info available is so much bullshit :(

"...one is in a critical condition."

Surely you'd have to massively overdose 2cb for that to happen? I'd go with fake. I'm pretty sure Spade took a ridiculous amount of 2cb once & all he did was freak right out his dish, he didn't end up in hospital.

Aye but he's deffo no' right

Those NBOME things are going to be a fucking nightmare. I wouldn't buy tabs of acid now unless I knew they were coming from someone who really knew their shit because I'd expect it to be one of those NBOME efforts.

I can see 2cb landing folk in hospital just because people are daft, not in "critical condition" though. Most of the time when I hear about someone being hospitalised due to drugs they really should just have went to their bed.

Aye. I know of one or two folk who've checked themselves into hospital tripping on 2C's but it's only cos they've flipped out and thought they were in danger. Always released a few hours later feeling suitably silly. If it's gotten to the point of being kept in and on the critical list that's no way a standard 2C-anything cos none of 'em are physically dangerous afaik. Not even in truly insane "overdose" (and some peeps have really taken insane doses accidentally).

The NBOMEs are a whole other matter. Deaths have already occurred. Some of the 2C-T-x drugs were a bit iffy physically when snorted and caused one or two deaths but were never potent or popular enough to cause widespread damage. As more people realise that there's a load of perfectly legal and insanely potent NBOMEs available there's plenty room for major fuck-ups. I wouldn't go near the NBOMEs unless I'd either dosed it meself or was from a very trusted source. Not substances to be fucked with without doing the research first.

its a middle class thing, cant handle their drugs. zeitgeist drug tourists who ruin it for everyone else

only justification for being hospitalised over 2cb would be extreme nasal pain or some such

I wouldn't go near the NBOMEs unless I'd either dosed it meself or was from a very trusted source. Not substances to be fucked with without doing the research first.

When Shammy avoids a substance thats good enough for me to avoid it also. Still leaves millions of other things to be tried! :D

I'm calling bullshit on this actually being 2c-b as well. As others have mentioned the dose would be HUGE for you to be in a "critical condition" with 2c-b. I've taken a thankfully small ketamine sized amount before by accident (100mg+ ish insufflated) and aside from ego death and a racing heart I never ended up in a hospital bead. There were very few moments of lucidity though. Obviously that's subjective experience and not really one of the strongest forms of empiracal argument for the dangers of a substance but I don't think I'm alone in this...

Perhaps it was cut with another substance, or maybe it wasn't 2c-b at all.

^ There's a tale of one bloke accidentally dosing (I think it was) ~750mg of 2C-E and not needing hospitalisation. Doesn't even bear thinking about how insane a trip that must've been. Apparently once he'd accepted he may well die it was actually rather enjoyable. Still, rather him than me :D

When Shammy avoids a substance thats good enough for me to avoid it also. Still leaves millions of other things to be tried! :D

I didn't say I'd avoid NBOMEs full stop - far from it - just that I wouldn't fuck with 'em unless I'd either researched 'em properly and dosed it meself (so nobody else to blame if I fuck up) or was from a very trusted source. I actually have a few NBOME caps here from a very trusted source and have no problem taking them. There's no way on Earth I'd trust anything like that bought off "the street" or owt though. And I'd not be silly enough to try dosing the stuff myself without some serious research put in first - which I haven't done yet. Hence dosing said NBOME caps orally instead of snorting initially :eek:

is 2-cb common in the uk? Its one of the other PEAs id still like to try, that and mescaline.

just wondering because it seems like in the uk and mainland europe 2-cb is pretty easy to find. like in the states if you know someone with crack they usually have or know where to get heroin. id figure if you know someone with good MDMA they might be able to also get 2-cb?

More or less, Medicine Man. Plenty 2C-B if you know the "right" people. Even if you don't in some areas.

Mescaline is definitely not common though. Not unless you extract it yourself. Synth mesc is essentially non-existant (same as elsewhere in the world :()

I call BS on it

I love taking 2CB and watching the hairs on the back of my hand grow out like a timelapse video

I did about 50 Mg but split twice ie 2 x 24 mg caps

Then again I had done 5 E's, GHB, an 1/8th of shrooms, a Couple of Bumps of K and a "few"(ok maybe about 10) hits of Liquid acid previously on the same night

Maybe it wasnt actually the 2c-b But I would like to think it was, it was like a timelapse and was really wonderful

was at a Burning Man after party a few weeks back here in Ireland, seen 2 young lads find a bag of white powder on the ground. one of them took a little taste and says it's not speed or ket so mite be coke.

they both sniff pretty big lines of it, about 2 minutes later a lad comes over and is looking around for the bag of 2C-E he lost. dont know how they got on as i was heading home then.

Eurgh these accidental 2c-e doses sound horrific, that stuff puts you on your ass even at medium-high regular doses let alone accidental ones. Not to say I don't luuurrrve 2c-e but can't imagine what an accidental coke sized dose of that would be like.

Ouch! That's fukkin ridiculous, Bogman! I can well see the temptation of a baggie of unmarked white powder at a party... but hoofing a fat line and hoping for the best 8(

Must've been pretty heftily cut 2C-E if they managed to hoof a line of it though. Trying to sniff 10mg is the only time in my entire life I've had to run to the bathroom instantly to try to wash the burnyburny stuff out cos it felt like I'd snorted napalm cut with sulphuric acid with bits of broken glass in it. Noone snorts lines of straight 2C-E. Noone. Is not physically possible. Even so, would come as quite the surprise a few minutes later =D

Fuck just railing a line of random white powder. I'd probably do a bump off the corner of a card if I really wanted to take some & didn't know what it was. God knows how they could have thought "might be coke" though, that's one of the few things I'd probably be able to tell it definitely wasn't by just dabbing it.

was at a little festival last summer with our boy Mugz and a few of the Belfast BLers when somebody broke out the 2-CE, lets just say very little HR about = coin in the bag and little sniffs.

a few of the Belfast boys went home early =D and Mugz kept going strong like the trooper he is %)