Open Discussion Site Policy and Bans

Should Misplaced Posts Incur Bans ?

• Yes, revoke access to the suicide support network when they guess the wrong category

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No, its overly ambiguious and open to abuse

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Yes, punishment is the only way thel learn

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No, we must find a higher path

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

90sdance

Bluelighter
I was recently given a three day ban due to a mod reporting me for posting in the wrong area (in good faith). I would therefore like to raise this issue of penalties/bans being issued on the basis on misplaced posts. I would also like to convey how this system is being abused by the staff here. First, there is tremendous crossover between the topics/subject matter on BL, and it is difficult at the best of times to discern what the opinions of an individual mod might be. Even when careful consideration is given to where each thread is posted, it is near impossible to align ones conclusions with the prospective conclusions of the mod every time, and i do not believe that my inability (or that of other users) to pre-empt what a mods subjective opinion might be should ought to result in penalties, esp bans. The system is wide open to abuse (and it is, i believe - being abused in this situation). The absence of any kind of objective demarcation lends itself to mods being able to jack up penalty points against whoever they dont like.

I raised this issue with the mods/admins and they refused to retract the penalties against me. When i laid out my case i was hit with all kinds of insane accusations (including the claim that i was misplacing posts on purpose). This was given to me as the reason they where refusing to reverse the penalties or reassess their system. I was also told that jokes i made in the past (extremely mild and obvious jokes about BL being run the DEA) where a form of harassment. Likewise i was told that my very questioning of the process in DM was a form of harassment, and that lastly my tone was overly confrontational. Alas, there appears to be a personal gripe going on here and im not entirely sure how it developed (altho im guessing some mixture of dislike for my ''tone'' and distaste for my religious/political views as expressed in past posts). Pair this with how staff will tend naturally towards a kind of groupthink and instinctive defense of colleagues against a perceived external threat (without serious or objective examination of the issues being brought forward) - and we can see how they end up becoming entrenched in the defense of bad decisions.

I have asked on numerous occasions for specific examples of rule breaking on my part and all i receive are vague generalizations about my tone, or that i ask too many questions (sending my complaint to all admins or seeking answers as to the decisions made is now tantamount to harassment). In any case, i am requesting that the decisions against me be reversed - i be given a fresh sheet with no points and that the policy of penalizing people for misplacing threads (having an alternate thought as to where they belong) be completely revoked (as it is clearly being used for sublimated censorship and mobbing). I would also like previous penalties against me to be dropped (wherein i made extremely lighthearted, and obvious jokes about Bl being run by the DEA - or being a drug cartel front of some kind). Again, penalizing me for such jokes strikes me as not only unfair, but i suspect - given the propensity of deeply offensive and otherwise egregious/illegal material allowed on the site (such as jokes about murdering children and threads on drug synthesis). I feel i am being singled out here and that the mods/admins have a personal vendetta against me. I am requesting therefore that all decisions made against me be reviewed and reversed by an appropriate third party.

Regards,

Better-Call-Saul-Season-6-Premiere.jpg

you should probably do your own online community group if so, two words otherwise that don't belong to eachother but here and most sure if you're to do so, nosene. Relax, in my view if you're a justice humanitarian guardian you intentionaly are a ban crosshair and nowadays mouse1 to shoot aint no brainer.

There's many things here but I don't say, I said some and got witness to some random ones imagination bc vanilla is white not yellowish. I want you to also understand many ex users here are with closing this forum disguised as Bluelight because of white knights o/ with indefinetly shutting down their operation which somehow translates to "Harvard doesn't know about existence of this forum drug studies knowledge nor most likely wouldn't care, I rather trust 5 people operating a 0.0004mm sample on a interval machine that needs a writting request first than random @andyturbo anonymous website.

if it were to still be pre 2010's their would require Google approvment for .com profile use

nowadays no such penalty.

hosting is whatever domain > money.

I don't know the background but I don't think a misplaced thread, as long as not spam, should be the reason for a ban, specially not in a board where a substantial amount of users will post while high.

I don't know the background but I don't think a misplaced thread, as long as not spam, should be the reason for a ban, specially not in a board where a substantial amount of users will post while high.

you havent seen fallen "Hezman" then.

they were at a different dimension size frame, most users here are likely to be punished if their act is one of self-conform, if you aint a bit out there and just a punchin bag you made administrators x10 to view your profile while browsing to in matter of 24hrs to wake up with a locked account.

we got someone 2/3 days ago making a thread bout a mod giving him luxury of being a "junkie" he had a existential crisis from 1 thing to 5 others and buf. like a rubber pump he got enveloped ahaha

"Fertile" 1Dec-5Dec" RIP

looks like your post was changed to mean the opposite of what you intended. Iv noticed this happening quite allot on numerous sites, any idea whats going on ?

looks like your post was changed to mean the opposite of what you intended. Iv noticed this happening quite allot on numerous sites, any idea whats going on ?
No, my post wasn't edited. I think when a thread is edited by a mod then it carries a little 'edited by' notice on the bottom right. But I assume some communities will do such stuff.

No, my post wasn't edited. I think when a thread is edited by a mod then it carries a little 'edited by' notice on the bottom right. But I assume some communities will do such stuff.

my bad i misread the original post.

you should probably do your own online community group if so, two words otherwise that don't belong to eachother but here and most sure if you're to do so, nosene. Relax, in my view if you're a justice humanitarian guardian you intentionaly are a ban crosshair and nowadays mouse1 to shoot aint no brainer.

There's many things here but I don't say, I said some and got witness to some random ones imagination bc vanilla is white not yellowish. I want you to also understand many ex users here are with closing this forum disguised as Bluelight because of white knights o/ with indefinetly shutting down their operation which somehow translates to "Harvard doesn't know about existence of this forum drug studies knowledge nor most likely wouldn't care, I rather trust 5 people operating a 0.0004mm sample on a interval machine that needs a writting request first than random @andyturbo anonymous website.

Interesting stuff.

Posts are clearly labeled when they’ve been edited by a mod. Plus why would we go out of our way to covertly edit posts? You were wrong now and you’ve been wrong countless times before yet you continue to grasp at nonexistent straws. How many times til you finally look towards the truth and not your fear based conspiracy mindset?

-GC

Mods are humans trying to organize a board of drug users and mentally ill.

It's difficult.

You harassed me for hours the other night in my dm's over this after I repeatedly told you that I was not in a good place, I was no longer staff, and that it was bothering me.

That is antisocial behavior, and only a fraction of the things you've said/done on here, and that will likely make it difficult for you to make friends in any community.

Your ban was justified, read the BLUA, mods have the right to deem what content is fit for the site and where it should be, and the ability to levy warnings against problematic posters. Of which you are.

You have less than no argument.

Posts are clearly labeled when they’ve been edited by a mod. Plus why would we go out of our way to covertly edit posts? You were wrong now and you’ve been wrong countless times before yet you continue to grasp at nonexistent straws. How many times til you finally look towards the truth and not your fear based conspiracy mindset?

-GC

No im referring to a real thing that happens all the time on every website (as i clearly stated). Words go missing after being posted or letters change location. Its not my imagination because iv verified it with snapshots before. I have no idea what it is, but it seems to be a internet wide phenomena. I may do a thread on it some time (supposing it doesnt get me banned). As for the conspiracy mindset, iv encountered and learned enough to know that a large amount of what we are told about all kinds of things is false, so i do a have a proclivity towards considering conspiracies viable explanations yes.

it's just Mr. Bubble peaking in

ya gonna be alright?

:hai:

Mr. Bubble is an American brand of bubble bath products manufactured by The Village Company. Created by Harold Schafer in 1961, it is the #1 brand of bubble bath products in the United States.[1] In addition to the flagship bubble bath formula, the line includes body wash, shampoo, conditioner, bath bombs, hand soap and baby wipes.

Mate, wtf are you talking about.

Mods are humans trying to organize a board of drug users and mentally ill.

It's difficult.

You harassed me for hours the other night in my dm's over this after I repeatedly told you that I was not in a good place, I was no longer staff, and that it was bothering me.

That is antisocial behavior, and only a fraction of the things you've said/done on here, and that will likely make it difficult for you to make friends in any community.

Your ban was justified, read the BLUA, mods have the right to deem what content is fit for the site and where it should be, and the ability to levy warnings against problematic posters. Of which you are.

You have less than no argument.

I sent all admins a complaint to the tune of the content in OP. I sent you one thinking you where an admin because you had issued me previous penalties for making jokes about BL being run by the DEA, BL being a front for the cartels and BL being a run by AI. You where bang out of order penalizing me for what where obvious jokes (and rather good ones at that) imo. So naturally i protested the issue with you (under the illusion that you could be reasoned with), which you are now classifying as harassment. Likewise my raising of the issue around the banning mechanism qualifies as anti-social behavior (interesting how that works). As for me being a ''problematic poster'' - what does that even mean ? Again, your not giving any concrete examples just vague generalizations. Its all snarky passive aggressive innuendo about my tone.

I was aware that this would happen, your trying as hard as possible to personalize this - which is why im drawing attention to the structural flaw at the root of the problem. You can raise up all kinds of conjecture and innuendo about how im a horrible person - but again, im proposing that this system of banning people for misplaced posts is wrong and ought to be changed. Like i said before, its open to abuse (and i believe it is being abused here). As any objective third party can see these guys have some kind of personal gripe against me (im not entirely sure why - it could just be old fashioned in group preference) but im clearly not getting a fair hearing from them.

Maybe the real AI is the bot he's using to whisper his sweet nothings in all of our ears.

There is an AI that will whisper in your ear ?

Last edited:
When anyone makes a thread like this whether it's you, me or Mr. Bubbles you have to expect that not everyone is going to be on your side. Some people think you are right, some think you are wrong and some simply don't care one way or another. You harped on the fact that you got a point because " you made a post in the wrong sub forum". Well, you did indeed do that but that's not why you got the point.

You got it because you have like 10 messages asking you to post all you want. Make a post every 5 minutes if you care to. Post until the cows come home. But to please post it in the appropriate spot so we don't have to move every thread you make. You've been doing this since you joined. It's really not hard to read a sub forums title and then post the thread in the appropriate spot. It's not like we have 200 categories to choose from. Maybe what....30 or 40 or so? And half of those categories people rarely use so there's maybe 20 choices? Sex questions go in sex, music in music, politics in CEP, trip reports in trip reports etc......

But you just want to post your thread wherever you want. Regardless if it doesn't fit. And then get all pissy and pm every admin and smod and mod on the forum telling us we are all wrong, we don't like you because you are a conspiracy theorist, that we are liars and murderers and assholes and should all be taken out back and killed. Okay. That really strengthens your argument. That really helps us decide whether or not you make valuable contributions to the site.

Yeah, we go around and edit peoples posts and mix up all the letters and stuff. Just for shits and giggles. How childish to even think that. Get real. Post your screenshots.

Pro tip: Post all you want. Every day and all day. Try and read the title of the sub forum and see if you can't post your thread where it belongs. I have suggested to you multiple times that threads of your caliber belong in Science and Tech, Philosophy and Spirituality or The Lounge. Your interests are not in drugs ( you say you don't use ) and your primary goal is to post about AI, nanobots, Jesus is dead, we are all cops or DEA, we have implants in us, and we all basically suck on here. The Dive is also a good sub forum for your posts. I mean how hard is that? Methinks you want to post where you damn well please and that's that. Not gonna happen.

So....since you took this public, you have to take the good with the bad. Some are on your side, some aren't. Mr. Bubbles doesn't care. We understand that some members may not have grown up with rules and may not have had to follow any. We make exceptions for that. Usually we only have to ask things once or twice in a message and most get the hang of posting here on BL. Some need a couple more than that but not many. Why do you need 10 or more asking you nicely and still can't get the hang of it? Maybe because you want to do what you want and what we say doesn't matter?

We don't dislike you. We aren't targeting you. We don't edit your posts or mix up your letters. We don't harass people for the fun of it. Why can't you just start having fun and engaging in threads and conversations and becoming part of the gang that seems to be able to post here daily with zero issues? The board can be interesting and informative but BL does have rules and we do enforce them. If that makes us the bad guy, well i'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.