• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

***Singles Thread*** A kit kat chunky stole my relationship!

Well realistically I don't give my number out at all to randoms.

So perhaps I should've shut up on this hypothetical ;).

But I was just echoing UAN's P.O.V... how crushed could someone really be, anyway?

This is a random we haven't even been on a date with, ffs.

I don't know, if i was still dating, and i'd given someone my number, but had second thoughts, and he sms'd/called, i'd just say that i'd had second thoughts, thanks anyway.

*shrug* :)

my rule is that if you give out your number and then ignore texts/calls, you must promptly provide appropriate documentation in the form of a 700 page dossier, inlcuding a signed reference from a justice of the peace explaining exactly why you have decided not to follow up the implied verbal contract that you made with this stranger while drunk and horny last tuesday afternoon at the rooty hill rsl.

samadhi said:
Zephyr's point of view is pretty solid, in that she doesn't think it's right to ignore someones request, full-stop.

Personally, i don't like being ignored, and i don't ignore. :) (not just with regards to dating, but in any friendship situation)

Word to that :)

Yeap Zephyr is spot on ;) , ignoring = gutless.

samadhi said:
I don't know, if i was still dating, and i'd given someone my number, but had second thoughts, and he sms'd/called, i'd just say that i'd had second thoughts, thanks anyway.

A little bland, don't you think?

The appropriate thing to do would be make up an elaborate lie.

This one works well: "I'm going to the hospital for treatment of tuberculosis tomorrow. I may be dead by next month."

Doppelganger said:
Whoa... let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

We're not assuming the guy who sent us the message is going to be up all night because we didn't respond - we're assuming he sent it rather casually, comfortable and prepared for any outcome.

When up all night doesn't respond to my text messages, I have a panic attack.

I always reply! i think its so rude not too.. i hate when people dont reply to my messages..

Ive ignored messages and calls before tho when they were obviously booty calls.. thats the only exception really, i dont like booty calls

Well... I ignore txts. I persume that if some weekend eye candy sends a txt they are telling me two things 1/ They're still interested 2/ They're not willing to to make a real phonecall so presumably they're unwilling to face direct rejection. Why on earth would I send a 'No thanks, I actually think your an idiot.' they don't want to know that, if they did, they'd have called.

I don't think its gutless, texting itself however, is gutless.

^ I think that texting can be gutless but it can also be a hell of a lot easier than getting a phone call from some one you barely know.

If I send a random a text message its purely to let them know that I am interested and that they aren't obligated to reply or go through the awkwardness of telling me "thanks but no thanks". I dont really like rejection either but an ignored call or message is just the same as being told but it makes it easier on the rejecter.

Thats my take on it

texting actually really sucks in itself but when someone is nervous about being turned down by someone who has given them their number its a safe way of making contact without too much hurt JUST IN CASE.

Last night I had a stupid little young girl over (a friend of a friend) who met a cute guy the night before who said to her he didnt have a girlfriend and gave her his number.

After a night of pashing at revolver or some such bullshit club, she was sitting on my couch texting him back and forth smut and aranging to go fuck this guy.

But when she CALLED him, he didnt pick up the phone. She gets upset and feels stupid.

WHY?

Turns out he does have a girlfriend and she was sitting next to him when he was texting her all this smut.

I had had a pretty shitty weekend because of a guy myself and didnt care for this personally so I told this little girl to stop being a skank and hitting on someone elses guy.

She said "I dont know her so I dont give a fuck".

So I tossed her out on her arse. Ick. No respect at all- but perhaps the g/f would be better off if he cheated on her, got caught and lost her.

KIDS these days. :p

samadhi said:
^ Exactly.

You've given a guy your phone number, and then when he calls, you ignore him?

Doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me.

Yeah, in a way it does make sense- its attention seeking behaviour and flattering when you get asked out by someone- even if you arent really interested. But still, its the right thing to do to respond- by text if you were texted- ithat you arent keen.

How hard is that ffs?

Anyway: each to their own I guess. I met a lovely person on Sunday night who texted me his number and left it up to me to contact him when I wanted to see him. After reading this thread, I think Ill call him later this week and go out and have a good time with a new potential friend (at least). Not a date, maybe some mushrooms hehe. :D

Doppelganger said:
Actually, I'm fairly sure it's apathy ;).

you're right, and there's that saying the opposite of love is not hate but indifference... caring is one thing that almost all people want. to know that somebody, anybody, cares about them and that they make some sort of difference in other peoples lives. therefore i think indifference is what can sometimes sting more than anything else.