• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sibling Relationships

i have 2 older brothers one is 30 and the other is 27 (i'm 19).... when i was really young (like 4 or 5) i used to be the cute little sister and they used to fight each other to make me say who i liked more, and i felt pretty special...BUT then i started to grow up...8(

from the time i was about 8 (my bros were late teens) they hated me. we used to have screaming matches and they used to think it was fun to get me all riled up, by saying stuff that they knew i would respond badly too... my older bro moved out when he was about 22, so it was just me and my other bro for a few years....and this wasn't good with a pre-teen girl and a much older boy....and he resented me for the fact that i got to move into our oldest brothers bigger and much better room and he didnt...

anyway i remember when my middle bro moved out i was so thankful i would never have to see him, cos i really didnt like him, but now i get on so well with him, we are good mates :) i think it was too hard for us to live together but now that hes married and living away from home, i see him as one of my mates, but someone who will always look out for me and be there for me no matter what. there have been a few times in the past few years that i have gone over to his house in tears but left with a smile :)
in regards to my other older bro, we have never really gotten on...i think 11 years is too much of an age difference...i see him every now and then and we get on because we are brother and sister, but i dont think we have the same sort of bond as i do with my other bro....

*i wish i could have had a sister*

I wish I had siblings :(

Its a selfish thing, but I really do envy all of you people who have a big/little brother/sister to share with, to poke fun at and to enjoy your time around.

Being an only child seems like such a great thing when youre a little guy, but imho, its resulted in me growing up feeling like I'm missing out on something special

*curse you, parental units*

- moe

my younger sister and i are really close. i am so thankful to have her in my life, i really don't know what i would do without her. i'm just so amazed that a relationship like the one we have can exist... and also that this incredible person just so happens to be my sister. hehe, it just trips me out. even though she's only 15 she is so mature and insightful, and see's bad things that are going to happen in my life before i do! yeh, that's the great thing actually, in many ways she knows me better then i know myself. i know myself pretty well, but it's so hard to be completely objective...
i get on well with my older sister, but it's not really the same. although i do feel guilty sometimes about this, i think because she's been with her boyfriend for like 7 years she's used him as her escape... where as my younger sister and i use each other- and have become much closer because of it. also there are some things about my older sister that really frustrate me... i can't tell them to her because we don't fight. we've never fought and if i said one negative comment to her it would be... well, just plain weird! i think that's a pretty good indication that the relationship may not be as 'real'...?
then i have a half brother who lives in sydney, i didn't grow up with him and only see him every now and again but he's a legend. i really like him, i wish i had had the chance to get to know him a bit better. well i suppose i do... it's just difficult.
then there are my two younger half-sisters from my dads third and current marriage. all i can say is... grrrr... when i see them (once a year or so) all i can do is go grrr... but they're only young, maybe it's normal to be that annoying. and spoilt...

i have a sister (19) and two brothers (12 i think and 14) that live with me and i love them all to death. more than i could ever hope to say. i also have a brother who lives at my dads house who i dont know too well coz ive only seen him a few times in the last few years. i think he's 13. but i have been blessed with the greatest most quirky wierd insane and fun family ever, and despite how much i yell at the youngest one, and the 14yr olds facination with burning things and firing his home made cannon at my old mobile phone, and despite my sisters terrible taste in music and her having a better stereo than me ;) i would never want to trade them. not for everything in the world..

Me and my brother aren't really that close but that's by no choice of my own. He is 15 atm and going through that stage where he actually believes that he is better than everyone and that everyone just doesn't understand him (I went through the same stage).

He isn't into drugs or alcohol at all and knows I go to raves occasionaly and thinks that I'm a druggy and pot head (seen pot in my room before). In a few years hopefully he will understand what I do isn't actually that bad but for the time being we aren't really that close at all. It's fairly obvious that he has an issue with being the younger one, ohwell not my problem I guess....

well i have (in running order)

28yr old adopted brother (my dad adopted him from a home when he was 16)
25yr old sister
me
22yr old brother
21yr old step brother
18yr old sister
8yr old half brother
3yr old half sister (died at birth)
2yr old half sister

i have a pretty big family. none of my sisters or brothers am i really that close to.

it kinda makes me sad every now and then cause i see families who have such a great between their kids and parents and i long for that :(

i am the black sheep in my family. the only one whose not in a life time relationship or with kids or an office job.

*shrugs*

but i still think of em even though its been nearlly ten years since ive spoken to most of em :( :\

20yr old younger brother - We have been surfing together for years, now we work together too. About as close as you can get.

18yo twin boys - These two are really close to my heart, they're helped me out heaps, always been there and given me everything. Two of the most caring souls I've yet to encounter.

14yo sister - We never really got along well when I was living at home, perhaps its the age difference?? Now that I only see her when i visit and that were a little bit older we get along much better.

All in all im reckon im pretty lucky, my family is awesome!
you really couldnt ask for more!!

I'm from a family of 9, 3 sisters (19, 13 and 8 ) and 5 brothers (23, 22, 16, 12, and 11), all from the same parents (damn catholics.. :p). I guess I love all of them, to be perfectly honest though I don't know if I'd take a bullet for any of them.. Never really gotten along well with any of them, had many a brawl (a scary amount of which where we've literally tried to kill eachother).. Even though I visited various psychiatrists for years (my dad forced me to go.. he's a psychiatrist) and am the family "druggy" (besides my use only my 23 year old brother has tried pot and that was just once) I'm the most well adjusted and the only one not currently seeing a psychiatrist and taking prescription mood altering drugs (least.. the ones I take aren't MY prescription ;)). This enviroment makes it pretty hard to get close to any of my family, especially as on top of all of this I have absolutely no common interests with any of them. I envy you guys in here with close relationships with your siblings.. must be awesome.

Well, I have two half-brothers (from my mum's 2nd marriage) and one half-sister (from my dad's 2nd marriage).

My family is very complicated =D

I get along best with my half sister, who I actually just call my sister. She's 22, seven years younger than me, but we're best friends. She also looks just like me:

http://www.bluelight.ru/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=770&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
(that's not the best picture to show the similarity, but still....)

I think I love her like a best friend because we never grew up together... didn't get a chance to fight or clash like other sisters. She lived in Geelong with my dad and his 2nd wife and I lived in Shepparton. We used to write letters to each other all the time, and see each other on holidays. But it's really only since she's grown up.... 18 onwards... that we've really connected. We went on a holiday together to our aunty's on the Gold Coast just after her 18th birthday and that was the turning point for us. We have a really special connection. I love her to bits.

My brothers.... well, I was 10 when my mum had my first brother with my stepdad, so even then I was kind of like a mother to him, more than a sister. I used to babysit him. By the time I was in highschool, experiencing my first kisses and first loves, he was still only 5-6 years old. But now he's 20... and I'm slowly building up a relationship with him.

Unlike my youngest brother. He was born when I was 16... I moved out of home shortly after that. I never really grew up with him.... we don't have any kind of bond whatsover. He's 14 now and I hardly know him... but of course I love him to bits.

I want to work on developing the bond with my brothers more... it's difficult when you're so much older and they see you as kind of a second mum rather than a sibling.... but I love them both to death. :)

I have brother who is 6 years older than me I really love him but unfortunately he has been a shift worker since i was 12 so we have never got to spend too much time together as i was growing up. I can't help but feel his social life has been totally ruined by it, so it's hard to find any common ground with him apart from sport. Whenever we get together he is always trying to cope with the last nightshift he did or thinking about the shifts he has coming up. He tells me how he want's to get out of what he does(He works in the main control room for Vic Rail) but after 22 years he feels he is stuck and i really feel for him.

I also have a sister who is 2 years younger than i am. Through our teen years i found myself not wanting to know her at all. I didn't like the people she was hanging around with, she was constantly getting into trouble, and i had started an apprenticeship when she was 14 and basically didnt have the time to care what the next thing was that she had done. It seemed that evreything she was doing was just hurting my parents and the more i/we tried to get her to realise the mistakes she was making the more she rebelled so we just sat by and let her find her own way. I look back on it now and are amazed at the way my parents handled things. I hope if the situation arises i can be that tolerant. She finally managed to get things togehter and ended up going overseas, she was 23 at the time and i still didn't feel close to her at all.. After she had been there for a year and a half i decided to go oevr there and meet up with her.

I found that in all the time she had been there she had left London twice for a grand total of 3 weeks, and was just basically surviving and nothing else. I ended up buying a car and just took her on a 3 month trip though France, Spain and Portugal. It was the best thing i ever did. At times it was like we were primary school kids again and we basically started over. I got to find out so many things that i would have never suspected and realised that she had probably gone through more than i would have ever imagined. It ended up being three months of drinking, drugs and total shenannigans.She is now more like a best friend than sister which in some ways makes me feel a little sad that i don't have that same connection with my brother.

My brother is 13 years older than me, so when I was a real youngster, we never did a whole lot, apart him occasionally taking me out, or babysitting.
When I got to about 15-16, and was attending the same school he had, with many of the same teachers, comparisons were often drawn between us, which were completely misplaced.
I was the artistic, creative, outgoing, and occasionally headstrong one, whereas he had been quieter, more results driven, and probably more mature.
We are close, but not as close as brothers should be - he's more like an uncle....however since he has had his first child, I've tried to hang out with them more often.
Funnily enough, I've just applied for a Regional Manager's position at the company he runs.....and I made it perfectly clear that I wanted to be judged on merit, and only awared the position if I was the best candidate...which he agreed with. Even though he's offered to help me prepare for the interview, I've decided to go it alone....

I moved in with my best friend 2 years ago...and now I know wat having a brother around the house is like....PS2 challenges at all hours of the morning, beers in front of the TV, and just random, all night chats.....i luv ya Noit!!!

unique-enfant

I'm an only child.

I love it.

The only sibling I ever wanted was an older brother.

But if/when I have kids I will probably have more than one. Maybe 2.

I think because I'm an only child I tend to develop big sister type relationships to my guy friends who are younger than me. Which is cool. I don't mind...guess it means I get the best of both worlds.

Kind of annoys me that I can't really identify with sibling type relationships. But it means I can joke about incest in that context because I have no idea what I'm saying...

Ive got two older brothers (22 & 19). One of em lives where i do, the other one is an hour away. Then i got a 21 year old sis, who lives 2 n a half hours away from me. I dont really see the 19 n 21 year olds very often. I would say that we are all pretty close, except the one whos 19 is a typical bloody male and just a pain in the ass!!

Im an only child and I hate this thread cause i cant participate :( Ive always wanted an older brother ....just to preve on his friends he he he

i've got a younger brother who's 18.
we weren't close in the emotional sense as kids. we fought a lot but we never hated each other.
now that we're older we get along pretty well. he can be a bit demanding and expects a lot of things to be handed to him. but i think he respects me and its weird....but thats maybe me just being weirded out by ppl looking up to me.
i've shown him a lot about "proper drug use" which i'm proud of...especially cos hes now in another state (hes in tassie). i didnt want him to let his friends be the first influence on his drug use (there was never any question about wether he would try them or not - hes a stoner). the last thing i wanted was him doing stupid things and knowing i could have prevented it. so i got in first and taught him all he needs to know.

i respect him too cos he sticks up for me. and he knows he's smarter than his current environment lets him be.

i never wanted any more siblings. three would be a crowd. my immediate family is a very tight unit. we're slightly chaotic, very open and so many things are unsaid but they dont need the verification.

I have a younger brother who is now 24, it was his birthday yesterday. We used to fight like cats and dogs up until about 7 years ago. We got very violent at times, as i guess most brothers do.
I can't really pin-point a moment when things changed. I think it was a combination of things, such as simply growing up, but also we both got into relationships and he moved out of home.
Now, i've moved to SYD(i used to live in CBR) and he is still in CBR. We get along like best mates now. He has his own place and life and i have mine. We catch up every so often, and he actually ASKS to see me when i come down for family visits. Right now i couldn't ask for a better brother, oh how things have changed. =D

DJC*

up all night said:

god I love your brother- I've adopted him as my own. My blood brother is an awesome kid too- although he hasn't come that close to feminine hygene products as yet I don't think.... he has yet to learn ;)

My Brother's and Sister get on really well. My oldest brother is okay when he wants to be he can get too much at times but what sibling can't. He's 19 and I'm 17. My 15 year old sister is the black sheep of the family, but thats cool because we get on like a house on fire [as a matter of fact she was the person who got me smoking] she's a legend. and my younger brother and I are ok most of the time. I'm not good with younger children, and we are constantly fighting. But otherwise my siblings are cool.