Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sibling Relationships

Dandy

Bluelighter
My relationship with my brother in recent times has changed even though I still believe that we have a good 'base' relationship with one another, we don't communicate as much as we used to, and have gone our separate paths.
We have had a good relationship during our lives and I can't determine one incident that stands out in my mind as being a 'turning-point' or something that was later regretted. We co-exist quite well and have learnt to cater for each other's requirements and to divide time and I think at this point in our lives we are letting each other live without any fuss - Maybe we're just maturing [I know he is for certain]. There is somewhat of a wall between us as far as communication goes, though I blame him for this.

What is your relationship with your Brother(s)/Sister(s)?

--
-

I have two younger sisters who are currently 21(Linda) and 14. (Nicky)

I was always fighting with Linda as i was growing up but i think thats because we have five years difference between us and a 10 year old doesnt want to hang out with a five year old and the five year old just wants to hang out with her "cool big sister" We started having a good relationship when she was about 15 and i was 20. We are pretty much best friends and she has actually been a big influence as to who i am today :) We are on different paths at the moment though so we don't spend that much time together but our connection is still there and i'm sure we would both be there for onr another if we were needed :)

My sister Nicky is 12 years younger then me and e have actually ALWAYS gotten along. I feel like i'm more her aunty then her big sister though although lately since she's older and we can relate more not so much. I don't get to see her very much though as i don't live at home and we are both busy with school and our own lives etc. I would really like to spend more time with her and get to know her as she is maturing into a woman and be able to have a deep connection with her.

She says i'm the coolest person she knows though awwwwww hehehe =D

My brother and I used to be very close. He always took care of me and was looking out for me when our stepmum was in bitch mode.

Because it was just mum, him and I we were closer than your average family.

Just over two and a half years ago, after meeting a work mate of mine, he started dating her. From day 1, she was jealous of our close relationship and over time has tried to force us apart in a sly kind of way.

If my brother and I had a fight, she'd stick her nose in to make matters worse and the less we see each other, the happier she was. Now, I can't even remember the last time I spoke to my brother. He doesn't even speak to mum that much either.

I can't believe she has separated us so much, but at the same time, my brother could have put his foot down and told her to butt out, but he didn't say a thing.

It's actually really depressing, but mum and I are strong willed and we both know we'll be the happier ones in the long run. He'll realise what a selfish bastard he is and he'll coming begging for forgiveness. Until then, mum and I have each other.

My brother and I get along really well for the main part. He's 19 (today! it's his birthday!) so we're closer in age, and we have a lot of the same interests. He's also about as lazy as I am, so I can always rely on him to skip uni to hang out with me. heh.

We haven't always had a good relationship - when he was 6 months old I tried to suffocate him with a pillow (I was 3). Fortunately mum stopped me, but for the 12 years that followed I was pretty violent towards him, and he towards me. Then he grew 8 inches in 6 months and I stopped picking fights with him. He's still scared of me though, I guess that's a bad thing.

My sister is 16 and she's an A-grade ditzy Chapel Street slurry. She and I have basically nothing in common - she buys $500 shoes and giggles and is really conscious of the way she looks and how other people see her. She doesn't really like to be seen with our family. She's catty and snide and sometimes she's really hurtful. She's the sort of person who can't take a criticism, she'll throw it back in your face with some completely unrelated insult instead. She drives me crazy.

I have two sisters-in-law and a brother-in-law as well. I get along very well with the elder sister (who's 17) and the brother (who's 20). I do run into some problems with the younger of the girls - she's 12 and she's a BRAT. I've honestly started avoiding seeing her because she's so exhausting.

Anyway. Yeah. Brother good, sister bad.

I have two brothers and two sisters all younger than me.

I get on pretty good with all four of them without being all that close although that varies from time to time with all of them depending on what there situations are in life.

I often think that some of them are very selfish but then Im exactly the opposite and im not convinced that its good to be the way i am and sometimes wish i could just have some of there selfishness cos it might make me a stronger person.

All in all, while we see each other pretty regularly, I dont feel anywhjere near as close to them as i do to my best mates..............Its just the way the cards have been dealt.

I have one younger sister and we have a beautiful relationship. I love her with all my heart.

My sister and I get along ok. We just very rarely talk. She's 26 married, four kids, B.A (Drafting) Dip.Ed (Secondary). She has certainly been busy since I left home, but we are so different these days. I've been a workaholic drug-pig and she's lived the more settled life.

i have 3 older siblings, 2 brothers aged 27 and 25 and a sister who's 23. i get on wonderfully with all of them.

when i was younger i just thought they were all the fucking bees knees and although my 25 year old bro and i fought like nothing else, i still thought he was so great.
as a group we've always got on well with my sister being the peace keeper. i remember mum and dad going away for weekends and stuff and the 4 of us would just hang out and talk and stuff and it was great bonding time.

we all live kinda apart now but we still get on well and talk on the phone all the time. i'm actually staying at my brother's place this month, yeah, the one i used to fight with heaps and we're getting on really well. it's great as i haven't spent much time with him in the last few years as we lived so far apart.

but yeah, siblings rock =D

I have one brother who's about 23. He moved down to Sydney about 3 or 4 years ago and obviously we don't see eachother very much. But we do talk on the phone when we can although sometimes we'll go months without speaking. But thats cool with both of us as we both living our own lives.

We are very close in a way that probably wouldn't be evident to many people as my brother was more the person who brought me up in my early teen years. These days he's happy just to check in on me and make sure i'm doing ok. *note to self* organise to go down and see him in the next few months, didn't get down there last year.....

My brother is one of my closest friends. He's 19 and a smartass. He's recently moved in with his latest woman so I don't get to see him much and I miss him lots. :(

I really couldn't have asked for a better brother.

I <3 my little Michi!

Actually he isn't that little anymore :(

we've always had a great relationship- never faught as children, were always there to support each other, congratulate each other. He is seriously the best little brother!

Little Michi is now 19, and prefers to be called Michael. He tells me things (granted yes, only when asked!) and lets me choose all of his clothes. I also recently heard from my mum that he told her he was really dreading me moving out and not seeing me every day :( but :)

I love that boy!

I have an older step sister and we have never really been close at all - I think mainly due to age differences and differing stages in our lives. I'm actually really close with all her kids, hell I share a house with one of them hehe.

I remember when growing up how cool I thought it would be to have a brother - obiviuosly my wish never came true :(

star_beats: Damn I still call him Michi. I'll have to remember to stop that now. And babe your brother isn't 19... he's 17 you idiot!

I love my siblings but they are higher society, professional, yuppie wanks. I'm the one letting the team down in my family at the moment - Arrrgh! Expectations Expectations ! ! !

Nar really, they are groovers! :D

shals :)

Well I have 2 Sisters, and also my Dad had 3 boys after he got remarried (one of them was my Stepmum's kid, but he adopted him). As well as that my Stepdad has 3 children as well, 2 boys and a girl, but they are all much older than I am, and they all have kids as well. Don't get to see them all that often, as they lead seperate lives, and the difference in age is too big.

As far as my sisters go they are 7 and 10 years older than me. Before I go on I'd just like to say that NO I was NOT an accident. ;) When I was growing up there was a bit of sibling rivalry between us, we would have petty little fights, and chase each other around the house with random objects such as knives, and what not. Most of the time though we were all really close, and have always been fairly close, although I get told a lot that I don't tell them anything, and keep a lot of things to myself. One of my brothers is only a few months younger than me, but we haven't seen each other for a long time, hopefully that will change soon. As for the 2 younger brothers, well they're kinda like me in nature, quiet and shy, but the last time I saw them I realised they're not little kids anymore, which makes me sad as I can't really go around babying them anymore, oh well. :) I still get treated like the baby of the family though, seeing as though as I'm the youngest girl, and the youngest out of my Mum's kids. :)

anna! said:
.We haven't always had a good relationship - when he was 6 months old I tried to suffocate him with a pillow (I was 3). Fortunately mum stopped me, but for the 12 years that followed I was pretty violent towards him, and he towards me. Then he grew 8 inches in 6 months and I stopped picking fights with him. He's still scared of me though, I guess that's a bad thing.

That is pretty much the exact same relationship i have with younger brother who is 22 (even trying to suffocate him with a pillow - he was crying and i thought i'd help mum by shutting him up!!!!) We also used to fight alot when we were kids. I was always beating him up. My mum told me one day he'd be bigger than me....then it happened. For about the last 5 years though we've been getting closer and now he is one of my best buddies. I can go to him for advice and he has been coming around my house alot lately (with a bottle of red each time) since he broke up with his girl.

I also have a brother-in-law. He is really cool. He always manages to make me laugh (actually the whole family makes me laugh).

My sister and I are like bestfriends, except we can be bitches to each other all the time and know that our petty fights will be resolved in an hour/day.

I'm really close to my family, we all go out together, have the same circle of friends etc. My sister and i have both been with my brothers friends at certain stages and he is with one of my friends. So our little 'group' just formed. A lot of people are surprised that we are family because we all seem like such good friends when we're out.

There is nothing like being at a rave, and having someone look out for you as a brother and a friend. :)

i enjoy sexual intercourse with my sista... where not that close as such tho!

my sister is the female version of me, which is really scary. she actually has people say to her at work "you remind me of this guy who works at the safeway, sarcastic little bastard he is"

she has her annoying moments, but that's only because we're both spastic.

^Great thread! =D

My relationship with my siblings is very different..

I live with my brother, who is 8 years my senior.
We have an understanding.
We show respect for each other, above and beyond that which is required, yet there is a huge difference in opinions and ways of communicating. This has never resulted in bitter words, as we share a love for peace and avoiding conflict at all costs.

My sister [three years my junior] brings out an entirely fiery and competitive streak within me.
I think this is due to the same sex issue, and the fact that we lived closely during those formative years.
We often fought intensely over small issues about who discovered what first, and who was more entitled to be expressing themselves in his or that way more...
Petty, and trivial really.
Always knew our mutual respect was far beyond anything imagined. We both understand each other better than anyone, and feel somewhat inferior to the other.
Seem to adopt the younger/older sister personality at random points..never really fixed.

I would hate to be an only child. :(