• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms vs Acid vs Peyote

I
There is a better word than silly for mescaline, that i used to describe it to someone else but i've having a tip of the tounge moment tho. Basically it's got a sensual aspect that's great with a partner and the silly refers to everything seeming a bit cartoonish and you absurd.

Some of these aspects crossover between the substances, I just find these to be the most pronounced in each experience.

I think "not giving a fuck—no srsly, I just don't care" describes a distinguishing characteristic of mescaline well. Lots of synthesia is characteristic of mescaline too.

Last edited:
Thanks
I understand that neither are close to MDMA, but still, one of them IS closer (Peyote vs San Pedro). Also, from my research, I heard the high from mescaline is pretty close to MDMA, plus the trippiness. Maybe it's the dosage difference that made guerillabedlam think San Pedro is more like MDMA.

I wouldn't go so far as to say San Pedro is nothing like MDMA. There is obviously some distinct differences.

It's true that San Pedro doesn't push you into giddy euphoria (although it can be pretty damn euphoric) where you have an overwhelming urge to dance or even talk and it's certainly not as energetic. It does however have that same heart opening/warming feeling I get from MDMA and it feels sensual like mdma. I also feel more in control of my mind with san pedro like mdma as opposed to the occasional confusion i get with mushrooms/LSD. I have a more positive mindset where i focus on the accomplishments or good aspects of myself, friends and life like with mdma as where i find shrooms and LSD to be more balanced and neutral in the life, relationship, self outlook.

D.M. Turner's comment about having it a very 'flowing' nature is very accurate in my experience, blossoming might be another word to describe it. It comes on slowly, maintains for awhile, then slowly leaves. I have got a headache before on my highest dose though, so if you are interested in trying maybe have some advil, ibruprofen, beer or whatever you use to deal with headaches on hand.

Last edited: