• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms - something missing

I thought this is a harm reduction forum? MAOI? Really??

3.5g - 5 grams is really not a light dose. It can get very crazy on that dosage, especially when not experienced.
But really, never take an MAOI. It's just no good.

Try about 2 - 2.5 grams and redose 0.5-1g every 2 hours or so?

I have read great things about shrooms and moclobemide combo. Seems like it turns the shrooms high into something DMT like and potentiates the shrooms greatly. I would not mess with harmalas or caapi as I am planning to take ayahuasca sometime in the future and want to respect the mother aya. Keeping this in mind, I don't see much harm in me taking moclobemide with shrooms. My physical and mental health is good, no SSRIs or anything like that.

The higher dose of shrooms I took was definitely much more rewarding than any previous experience I had. It reminded me of a low dose LSD experience I had once. I wouldn't have done it if I didn't have my girlfriend to look after me. Before the experience I spent an hour exercising, stretching and meditating which definitely helped to have a relaxed trip. With this mindset and setting I would definitely do even higher dose but I will lay off of it for quite some time now as I don't want to abuse this sacred fungus.

Thank you for your replies everyone!

Now that your higher-dose experience seemed to solve the problem, I would be interested to see if taking a 1.5g dose again would once again bring back the feeling of an ineffable 'something missing'.

As you'll no doubt know by now, shrooms are one of the most alien, unpredictable things you can ever have the pleasure or displeasure of interacting with. LSD is really quite sane by comparison.

It may be totally random. It may be opening up deeply unconscious feelings inside yourself that you could benefit from scrutinising. If it were me, I would take that lower-dose trip again and focus intensely on the feeling. It would not be pleasant I'm sure, but psychedelics are not inherently pleasant.

For the above references of doses, 3.5g is not by any stretch of the imagination light for most people. A light dose is something you can take and then go for a stroll through the city. For myself, 3.5g represents the threshold where if I can't accept that I'm about to die and my entire life was all just my imagination, things are going to get very fucked, very quickly.

Try about 2 - 2.5 grams and redose 0.5-1g every 2 hours or so?

I am sure I've seen experienced ones stating that redosing shrooms is not the best idea as the tolerance sky rockets. I have experienced it myself. Taking 0.5g-0.7g dose 5 days after a 1.5g experience gave me absolutely nothing but nausea.

Now that your higher-dose experience seemed to solve the problem, I would be interested to see if taking a 1.5g dose again would once again bring back the feeling of an ineffable 'something missing'.

Yes, I am looking forward to taking a lower dose again but lemon tek it instead of eating. I wonder if doing it spontaneously vs planned in advance has any psychological correlation with the feeling.

For the above references of doses, 3.5g is not by any stretch of the imagination light for most people. A light dose is something you can take and then go for a stroll through the city. For myself, 3.5g represents the threshold where if I can't accept that I'm about to die and my entire life was all just my imagination, things are going to get very fucked, very quickly.

My experience was far less spiritual with this dose. When I took 1.5g the first time (very potential shrooms) it was much more ego destructive and confusing than 3.5g but far less visual. I still had the same loss of concept of time both times but with lemon tek that was about the only thing that I couldn't understand. I just felt like a child giggling and laughing at everything.

IMO 3.5g was a much smoother trip because I had someone who I truly trust and feel safe around to look after me. If I didn't have that person I am sure it could've ended sour for me. I've read that lemon tek can have positive effects too so it was probably a combination of things that led me to more visual rather than spiritual experience.

Last edited:
I've eaten 7grams of dried boomers. And 1gram dried penis envy. And the 1g dose was soo much more intense than the overgrown 7g boomers. You need to figure out how strong they are. .5 for me (without eating beforehand) is extremely fun and sociable.

Also the floor and everything is moving at that dose also. Anything higher I'd need to be with friends on the same dose. And I'm only talking .5 extra. For a total of 1g. But these are the strongest boomers I've ever eaten. They are so small. No caps are ?? Blossemed?? Nice and tight on the stem.

It's chocolate, you want some chocolate. Why? Because it contains phenethylamine and makes you feel good when combined with the shrooms I guess. I just know that I had my best shroom trip when I washed them down with some hot chocolate.

The phenethylamine in chocolate is rapidly metabolized and cannot possibly have any effect on your brain. Chocolate has other compounds that do, however (sugar, caffeine, theobromine, etc).

No it definitely wasn't chocolate. I had loads of munchies but none of them have helped. It was probably lack of shrooms (underwhelming experience) and/or anticipation.

I'm telling you it's easy to extract the actual psilocybin from mushrooms then you can weigh your dose and take precisely what your looking for...

Respectfully you are wrong unless you can chemically qualify what you are extracting. And only if your extractions are consistent and repeatable.

Yes, it is easy to extract the mushroom components; I would say it it difficult to do this quantitatively unless you have a reasonable amount of chemistry knowledge and proper equipment.

Tom

MAOI's like harmaline and moclobemide aren't dangerous. Harmaline in particular works wonders. You can take precautions but they are reversable MAOIs so fine.

Maybe you need some Ondansetron with the shrooms. It would kill any nausea and also possibly potentiate the psilocybin. You'd have to take it probably about an hour before the shrooms to give it time to take effect before the shrooms do, which is only about half an hour.

Maybe you need some Ondansetron with the shrooms. It would kill any nausea and also possibly potentiate the psilocybin. You'd have to take it probably about an hour before the shrooms to give it time to take effect before the shrooms do, which is only about half an hour.

I usually have a nasty slice of ginger about 30 minutes before the shrooms. It helps not to purge but doesn't stop the nausea (in fact, ginger sets my stomach on fire). I'll definitely check out Ondansetron, thanks for that!

I love ginger! It's delicious and it consistently reduces nausea, heartburn, and most stomach issues for me.