View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms - something missing

Fridolin

Bluelighter
Hi there. I've done shrooms (p. cubensis dried/powdered) 4 times in total. Twice very low dose (about 0.5g) which is a good museum dose and twice about 1.5g.

The problem with higher doses I had was I felt that I really crave something. I wasn't sure what it was so kept trying things. Not nicotine, not munchies, not water. I just kept having this feeling that there is something missing, something I can't understand or explain.

Would you have any idea what it could be? Maybe it's just that borderline dose? I want to consume shrooms again and do you think a higher dose would solve the problem? Thanks!

Maybe it's psychlogical and you just need to dig deeper... Shrooms are very introspective and maybe their calling you to look within yourself!

How intense were your 1.5 gram trips? I find 1.5 fairly mild, two is my preferred dose usually, sometimes a bit more depending on potency.

Sometimes taking not quite enough will make for an uncomfortable experience. That can happen to me with LSD in particular. If I take less than 100ug of LSD I find myself in a sort of "half in, half out" sort of trip that is somewhat unfullfilling.

This is true! Shrooms are much less predictable and can really vary in potency. You could always extract the psylicobin so you know exactly how much your taking...

First time it could have been psychological as it was my first time and I had high expectations. I had some sort of anticipation for something and I couldn't settle down, I wanted something bigger to happen so tried to make a fire which I did not manage to do. It was by far the heaviest trip I had (very potent shrooms with lots of confusion).
Second time I did 1.5g it was spontaneous so it was a little different. I took it and forgot I took it. It wasn't as strong as first time but it hit me full power about 20 minutes after eating them. This time I didn't feel anticipation but it was more of a craving. I wanted something but I didn't know what (it wasn't shrooms that I was craving).

Edit: once with .5g dose and the second time I took 1.5g I noticed that drinking a hot beverage (tea/coffee) completely killed off the shrooms. Even though it seemed like it should have went on for longer. Weird.

I have personally found that feeling to be because my dose was just borderline. First time I took 2 grams and was quite happy with it (watched a movie, Waking Life. HIGHLY recommended for introspection and an interesting trip). Next time after that I took slightly less than 2 grams, was nice but I also felt that something was missing. Did 3 grams next time and it was amazing, very fullfilling experience I was really immersed and was not thinking about other things and cravings.

So I would recommend you up your intake, try 3-3.5 grams :)

Shrooms always make me think I have something to do but I can't remember what. This kind of sounds similar.

Thanks for the help, kind people! It has been bugging me and putting me off of doing shrooms but as you advised, I will just bump up the dose slightly and see where it takes me :)

Thanks for the help, kind people! It has been bugging me and putting me off of doing shrooms but as you advised, I will just bump up the dose slightly and see where it takes me :)
slightly?
I advise you to try at least 3.5g on empty stomach and smoke caapi on peak. nothing will be missing!!!

I don't trust myself on psychs and want to avoid benzos so I'll build up to 3.5g dose by upping 0.5g each time :) I was a actually considering doing about 2g + MAOI.

I'm telling you it's easy to extract the actual psilocybin from mushrooms then you can weigh your dose and take precisely what your looking for...

I might as well just buy already extracted psilocybe. By the looks of it, it's much easier to consume it and nausea is not as bad. Last time I felt so nauseous that I had to keep drinking ginger tea which in my opinion dulled the effects slightly.

I might as well just buy already extracted psilocybe. By the looks of it, it's much easier to consume it and nausea is not as bad. Last time I felt so nauseous that I had to keep drinking ginger tea which in my opinion dulled the effects slightly.
That's rare stuff, most people don't bother.

So I had the biggest dose I've ever done so far the other day. I'm not sure how much exactly but I think it was around 3-3.5g of dried p. Cubensis. First I grinded it as well as I could then put it in a glass with juice from 2 lemons and let it sit there for 20 minutes. Topped it up with some tropical juice and drank it. It actually tasted okay, barely noticeable shrooms flavour (if any).
30 minutes later I was consumed by intense visual distortions and extreme CEVs. The feeling of 'something missing' was still there at first but it definitely wasn't bothering me and by the time I peaked it was completely gone.
I tried to watch Waking Life but had to stop after an hour as I couldn't follow the film very well but finished it after my peak. Definitely a different experience with higher dose, intense yet surprisingly controllable. Maybe it was due to the lemon tek, but it felt that the trip was relatively clean, smooth and I didn't feel much of that 'dazed and confused' state.

1.5g is a very low dose
shrooms gets interestin around 3.5 and spiritual around 5g.

It also happens at 2.0g try eating that much next time. I've had 1.5g and it was nice but it's more recreational and less spiritual or less intense of a trip.

OK I saw the recent updated post. At least you seem to have figured out what was lacking and that was a higher dose of mushrooms. Some people enjoy smoking cannabis on mushrooms. I tried this once and it's not like smoking herb on LSD which I love; but I found it to be confusing while on mushrooms; but I also inhaled some nitrous on mushrooms, after smoking herb, and that also made the experience confusing to me.

Last edited:
I thought this is a harm reduction forum? MAOI? Really??

3.5g - 5 grams is really not a light dose. It can get very crazy on that dosage, especially when not experienced.
But really, never take an MAOI. It's just no good.

Try about 2 - 2.5 grams and redose 0.5-1g every 2 hours or so?

I'm with everyone (well, mostly everyone) else here - what's lacking from your 1.5g cubensis trip is at least another 1.5g of cubensis :p

Now to keep in line with HR advice while still answering your question honestly, I'd say go ahead with a higher dose but definitely ensure that you've got set and setting downpat in case you find that it wasn't the intensity that was lacking, and that 3g+ is a bit much....though I highly doubt this will be the case :) IME, the deeper you go on shrooms, the more rewarding the trip can become :)