• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Shrooms or acid for a first trip?

I know you already decided on mushrooms anyway, but just wanted to say, honestly, for your first trip, it doesn't matter. Everyone reacts differently to both and favors either for different reasons and when you've never tripped before there's no telling how you're going to respond to either personally, and in the grand scheme of things they're both perfectly fine strong starter psychedelics anyway and you'll likely get mostly the same insights from either for your first time. The main deciding factor for me would be the fact that a strong LSD trip can last twice as long as a strong mushroom trip, so it's key to plan accordingly.

For what it's worth, I've never experienced nausea from eating mushrooms, nor even seen someone else experience it. For years I didn't even really know it was a thing people worried about.

Personally I always hated low dose DMT (by itself). It just felt weird, slightly dysphoric and had no redeeming qualities. It doesn't last very long so not that bad, could be useful for introduction I guess.

People who are tripping for the first time won't notice this. I've seen people use a barely active dose of DMT for their first trip and they're just amazed at the shapes and colors when they close their eyes.

People who are tripping for the first time won't notice this. I've seen people use a barely active dose of DMT for their first trip and they're just amazed at the shapes and colors when they close their eyes.
Good point. I shared some with a psychedelic novice and he probably only smoked 5-10mg and he seemed to enjoy it and said he had visuals (I almost didn't believe him at first, but didn't fully doubt it).

Yah well the low dose recommendation was due to the fact that there are a lot of 'fragile'folk out there with compromised mental states....yah throw them all in a pot brew up...lol ...like i mentioned no knowledge of dosing ...either with lsd or shrooms ...

I totally get you. When I was young me and all the friends and people I partied with my... You didn't need to do basically a medical interview to know if they are OK to take some acid or shrooms. These days when someone mentions doing a mushy party or getting someone they know to try psychedelics the first thing I think/ask is if they are on any anti depressants or other meds. Because sooooo many people are on that shit now. Part of me thinks it's a bit of a conspiracy to stop people using psychedelics.

Because oddly enough the people I tripped with as a teen and young adult are all still in good mental states today whereas the people that never touched it in... At least half of them are on psych meds. Maybe the people that tripped would have always been fine. Maybe there was something inside the ones that ended up never trying, that was always there. But it certainly makes me feel even more skeptical towards that industry.

I totally get you. When I was young me and all the friends and people I partied with my... You didn't need to do basically a medical interview to know if they are OK to take some acid or shrooms. These days when someone mentions doing a mushy party or getting someone they know to try psychedelics the first thing I think/ask is if they are on any anti depressants or other meds. Because sooooo many people are on that shit now. Part of me thinks it's a bit of a conspiracy to stop people using psychedelics.

Because oddly enough the people I tripped with as a teen and young adult are all still in good mental states today whereas the people that never touched it in... At least half of them are on psych meds. Maybe the people that tripped would have always been fine. Maybe there was something inside the ones that ended up never trying, that was always there. But it certainly makes me feel even more skeptical towards that industry.
all the trippers i know totally fine living good lives. All the non folks loaded up on ssris enslaved feeling like shit 24/7 on a range of psych meds. I always tell people don't go on psych meds and jsut eat lsd.

all the trippers i know totally fine living good lives. All the non folks loaded up on ssris enslaved feeling like shit 24/7 on a range of psych meds. I always tell people don't go on psych meds and jsut eat lsd.
this isn't the best advice for everyone man :/

I'm all for positive psychedelic arguments, but to ignore the downsides especially in people with certain neural situations is dangerous

i trip acid with schziophernics and they handle it better than anybody i have met. So most of the shit about lsd is total bullshit

i trip acid with schziophernics and they handle it better than anybody i have met. So most of the shit about lsd is total bullshit
lol I have schizophrenia induced by tryptamines, so we should probably trip some time

I handle it very very well

doesn't mean it's good for my brain, it makes my symptoms worse... I just continue to do it because I love it... it makes everything worse in the end

but I haven't done any psychedelics for about 16 months now... for a good reason

saying LSD is good for schizophrenic people is really stupid, honestly... this is a harm reduction site and that is the opposite of harm reduction.

lol I have schizophrenia induced by tryptamines, so we should probably trip some time

I handle it very very well

doesn't mean it's good for my brain, it makes my symptoms worse... I just continue to do it because I love it... it makes everything worse in the end

but I haven't done any psychedelics for about 16 months now... for a good reason

saying LSD is good for schizophrenic people is really stupid, honestly... this is a harm reduction site and that is the opposite of harm reduction.
studies in 1950s and 1960s cured schizophernics with LSD. and then the government banned it. Its possible and the research was already done.

Personally I always hated low dose DMT (by itself). It just felt weird, slightly dysphoric and had no redeeming qualities. It doesn't last very long so not that bad, could be useful for introduction I guess.

I enjoyed medium doses of 25-35mg quite a lot, though.

Just my experience.
Interesting, I half expect people to dislike higher doses more then low ones. But different strokes for different folks I guess.

I guess you wouldn't wanna meet The Impossible kid when speaking with the gods in DMT. Since everything he touches turns promptly to shit.

You get the point, but seriously, aesop rock is my all time favourite artist and I was kinda stunned to find someone rock that profile pic.

I'm guessing you and I would be getting along pretty well :D

Mushrooms would be best - but probably ten times more expensive - which is a shame because its always best to have enough to play with and gradually increase the dose.

Trust the psychedelic to know whats best - dont try and control it just explore each other.

Tripping is like sneezing and farting at the same time! You do a backflip!

studies in 1950s and 1960s cured schizophernics with LSD. and then the government banned it. Its possible and the research was already done.
Was that revealed to you in a dream or can you give some sources for that?

I did a decent amount of research into psychadelics and their origin and use as a non deadly chemical agent during wartime and this is the first time I heard about this.

You may be completley right about that though and I am open to the possibility, but not without some credible sources.

Mushrooms would be best - but probably ten times more expensive - which is a shame because its always best to have enough to play with and gradually increase the dose.

Trust the psychedelic to know whats best - dont try and control it just explore each other.

Tripping is like sneezing and farting at the same time! You do a backflip!
Actually, they're on the cheaper end here.

They are relatively easy to grow and hide in comparison to something like weed so a lot of people get some mycelium and grow their own.

A guy I got acquainted with pulled out a box of some baby shrooms that he just started growing under his bed and showed me. They ended up getting contaminated and he had to throw them away, which was a pretty big shame, to me they looked pretty promising.

So yeah, they are somewhat easy to come by and very affordable but I aint got a lot a friends who are into that stuff so making connections can be tough.

Interesting, I half expect people to dislike higher doses more then low ones. But different strokes for different folks I guess.

I guess you wouldn't wanna meet The Impossible kid when speaking with the gods in DMT. Since everything he touches turns promptly to shit.

You get the point, but seriously, aesop rock is my all time favourite artist and I was kinda stunned to find someone rock that profile pic.

I'm guessing you and I would be getting along pretty well :D
fuck yeah bro, been a huge fan for 20 years

Either one. Just make sure it is a large or moderate dose of either, and have a large block of free time and do not drive or take these drugs if you are stressed, sad, depressed, manic, etc.

just do the one that inspires you the most, let it transport you and enjoy it, just start light: 1/4 of an lsd standard dose or 1/2 gram of shrooms

and update us on your experience! :)
Update, I did about 1g-1.3g of shrooms the next day after dropping xtc, it was a pretty good experience.

Visuals were mostly close eyed, open eyed were here but it wasn't like I read online. Objects were barely breathing or moving and it was more like a pattern that was overlaid over everything I looked at.

Close eyed visuals were pretty damn strong though, colors and patterns like crazy.

Time felt slowed down and I was glued to the couch the entire time.

9.4/10

Dropping 5g in 2 weeks :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, feeling more confident, had some things about myself clarified. I knew those things beforehand but after being shown those aspects of my personality through a different lens made it really clear and easy to change them!

Last edited:
I think mushrooms would be a nicer first time (unless you can get DS crystal LSD - that's nicer than mushrooms) than everyday acid.