• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Shrooms or acid for a first trip?

The ones I took seem to be pretty weak, the peak was over in like 1.5h, afaik it's supposed to last 6h?
1.5g shrooms 6h??? No way, I highly doubt there is any kind of shroom with such long effect, also for me effects are 1.5/2h with less than 1g.

I don't know if 5g will give you 6h but I doubt it too. For 6h you have to go with half or full dose of lsd.

For me the most intense effects are in that time frame. Afterwards, it becomes relax time and i just feel 10x better than normal in a totally non-fiendish way.

I think it's ill adviced to increase dosage seeking a longer trip. 5g will mainly super intensify the effects and not so much the duration, although a bit of both.

I think doubling the dose for your next trial is enough, unless you're unsure you can ever get shrooms again and want to get a guaranteed maxed out trip, which sounds like a poor mindset anyway.

Last edited:
anyway if you feel like taking 5g just do it, it will definitely be a deep journey but nothing you won't come back from!
Yeah, going off the deep end is what I'm really looking for here.

Ego death is kinda the goal since I noticed that my ego is definitely reduced after my first try.

I've always been curious and finding out what lies on the very edge of my mind sounds like an amazing time 😁

For me the most intense effects are in that time frame. Afterwards, it becomes relax time and i just feel 10x better than normal in a totally non-fiendish way.

I think it's ill adviced to increase dosage seeking a longer trip. 5g will mainly super intensify the effects and not so much the duration, although a bit of both.

I think doubling the dose for your next trial is enough, unless you're unsure you can ever get shrooms again and want to get a guaranteed maxed out trip, which sounds like a poor mindset anyway.
I mean, the relaxation is not that great for me for whatever reason. Maybe it was the comedown from the xtc making me feel waaaay too stupid.

A longer trip is definitely nice but intense just kinda fits who I am.

This is also why I really wanna drop some acid soon too but I can't test it and shrooms are relatively easy to identify so thats whats kinda keeping me to the more natural stuff. Well that, and the fact I paid 30 bucks for a tab of fake acid once (long story, it was just a piece of paper).

I mean, the relaxation is not that great for me for whatever reason. Maybe it was the comedown from the xtc making me feel waaaay too stupid.

A longer trip is definitely nice but intense just kinda fits who I am.

This is also why I really wanna drop some acid soon too but I can't test it and shrooms are relatively easy to identify so thats whats kinda keeping me to the more natural stuff. Well that, and the fact I paid 30 bucks for a tab of fake acid once (long story, it was just a piece of paper).

I don't want to discourage you from this decision. Just laying out some basics about the timeline. If you want a super intense trip anyway, 5g is probably a good dose.

With acid, if it’s bitter it’s a spitter is a good rule of thumb. If ain’t bitter, it’s real or it’s completely bunk lol. You’ll know within the hour.

I lived through the peak of the nBome epidemic, and I find it easy enough tell the two apart via taste. Again, if it’s bitter, spit it out.

I like acid more. That’s just me, everyone is different. I enjoy the hypermania it seems to induce but many people fear such a state.

I usually say to ppl that they should start with lsd, i feel you are way more clear minded while on shrooms You can get so confused that you have moments of hallucinating while you dont really Realizing IT... And i Just feel like An LSD trip is easyer to control and also the bodyload of shrooms is something to take into account and be unpleasant, only downside to LSD for a first time is duration....

I would agree for the most part. I kind of feel the whole 'start low' thing is a bit over the top. My first trip was a huge dosage, far bigger than 3.5, and it was great. We just didn't know what dosing was so threw the whole bag in the pot(a sandwich bag packed full) between two of us.

I think your mental state has more to do with dosing than anything. If you are sure of yourself, and have high confidence in who you are then dosing higher is generally OK from my own and other people I've tripped with experiences.
Depends on the potency of the shrooms, I had more visuals off half an eighth of good shrooms than I did off 7 grams of weaker shrooms

1.5g shrooms 6h??? No way, I highly doubt there is any kind of shroom with such long effect, also for me effects are 1.5/2h with less than 1g.

I don't know if 5g will give you 6h but I doubt it too. For 6h you have to go with half or full dose of lsd.
When I ate half an eighth I tripped for 3 hours and they were pretty good shrooms