• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

shrooms for prisoners?

ninjadanslarbretabar said:
if the government would give 1 heroin fix everyday via the doctor to everyone who wants it except for people with a criminal record, i think it might reduce the number of people ending up in prison
? does that make sense

Scheduling drugs isn't done because drugs are wrong or bad. Drugs are scheduled for political and capitalistic reasons.

If drugs were not illegal they would not carry prison/jail time with them. They would still be used but would not carry the stigma that they presently do.

Does THAT make sense?:)

BreakingSet said:
We live in a capitalistic society.
i agree, but creating scientist instead of criminal would eventually create better wealth, but yeah "eventually" is not soon enough for our consumerism mindset

if the government would give 1 heroin fix everyday via the doctor to everyone who wants it except for people with a criminal record, i think it might reduce the number of people ending up in prison
? does that make sense
i dont think so, no-one commits a crime with the intention to go to jail (i hope you know what i mean :p)

@Jamshyd
why are you agains the prison thing? same reasen as me, it usually doesnt help much?

BreakingSet said:
The very nature of capitalism is to exploit a system until it breaks.

I am afraid that I think we are perilously close to that, and no forethough has been given to that ends; I believe the dog-eat-dog capitalist society we endure is on the brink of the greatest cultural collapse in Earths history- I cannot see how the machine can be stopped..... until it just stops itself.

Xorkoth- it is the saddest true fact, Icompletely agree. We are eating each other to death.

if school could actually care about the mental and emotional health of children they could test their social aptitude and all... and eventually give professional help to trouble kid,

So were most scientists troubled children? What if the social aptitude test you speak of tested your children as future janitors? ALso the implimentation of these aptitude tests would cost $$$$$$, which would definitely offset the questioable future gains you speak of.

The world isn't fair, and no dope of any kind is going to change that fact.

BreakingSet said:
What if the social aptitude test you speak of tested your children as future janitors?
aptitude test is not in anyway related to what you will become (for me)
but it sure would cost big $$
as for the "questionable future gains" well its already what we are doing, we build school, why do you think "capitalistic society" care about building school ?

Do they? Is that why american schools are so under funded? Is that why teachers make so much money? Is it because their job is considered so important by those that make the decisions and the laws?

The current public schooling movement started in the 1830's and even then, most schools were still privately owned corporations and required some payment or other, even though the Land Ordinance of 1785 established a modest federal program to fund said education.

It is also historical fact that as early as the 1820's, teachers in publicly available schools were mainly women because they were not able to work anywhere else. They first American Public school teachers made less than farm laborers.

Teachers still don't make a fair wage, so if capitalism is driven by capital and the reward in a capitalist society is being paid or receiving capital, than it's obvious that schooling is not up there at the top of the important things to invest in list.

the group continued meeting for fifteen some odd years after the research stoped...

IGNVS said:
the group continued meeting for fifteen some odd years after the research stoped...

I remember reading about LEary and his test with psilosybin and prisoners. Someone earlier posted that he cooked his numbers, or wasn't honest in his assesment of the results. ANyone have a link to that fact?

If I remember correctly, Leary's idea was that during the peak of a psychedelic experience, a person becomes sensitive to imprint vulnerability, meaning that at that point you can reprogram yourself.

There's another point of arguement there as most do not believe that humans 'imprint' at all in a literal sense. And others would interpret him in a loose fashion and say that he's refering to, while in the peak experience of a psychedelic high, the idea that one can reprogram or reword or rewrite the meme's that they use to run their behavior easier.

BreakingSet said:
Do they? Is that why american schools....
im not from the state, and even there its part of "the list" even if its not on top of it, but like i said; why do we care about building school ?

(anyway, sorry to the op, this is off track :| )

BreakingSet said:
I remember reading about LEary and his test with psilosybin and prisoners. Someone earlier posted that he cooked his numbers, or wasn't honest in his assesment of the results. ANyone have a link to that fact?

It's in the new Leary biography by Robert Greenfield.

^^ hmmm this is interesting... so was it the mushrooms or the help in getting jobs, house, ect and therapy? unfortunatly we will never know as i think it would be totally unethical to just give half the inmates mushrooms but no help and the other half both. the shrooms could end up harming the unlucky ones more than helping them.
what you could do is have half recieve psychotherapy, and the other half of the sample recieve psychotherapy plus entheogen aide, and see the results

willow11 said:
Either way, I think prisoners should have mushrooms, for relief of insane 'justice', if anything.

have you ever ben to prison? Theres enough watching your back for real threats I wouldnt want the imagined ones too!

Eat an eigth when you feel paranoid and see how it goes :)

joe

"We live in a capitalistic society. It costs way to much money to be realisticly and fairly compasionate to everyone. "

but mushrooms grow for free for all of the people to pick for themselves before we go to prizon! =D

"capitalizm exploits a system until it breaks"

and unfortunetly the system we are currently exploiting is the system that keeps us alaive...

willow11 said:
Either way, I think prisoners should have mushrooms, for relief of insane 'justice', if anything.

Mushrooms (or any psychedelic) are the last drug I would take in prison. I wouldnt even like meth or MDMA, or even weed. It would make me think how trqapped I am and how everyone is free and how I fucked my life up.. The only drug I could take in prison would be GHB, Opiates, Benzos or Alcohol

^I agree about mushrooms being the last thing I'd wanna take. Being in prison, I'd already have to watch my back so I don't get stabbed or some shit, mushrooms would drive me crazy with paranoia.

^^^Or you may realise that you can live safe and secure within your own fasinating mind and attain existential relief from your surroudings.....