• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

shrooms for prisoners?

Compressed life- I mean the feeling of 'birth and growing' (the comeup) the experience of the pits and rises in life (akin to the peak LSD submersion, emotions resonating, diverging'-rapidly mind you), and the process of dying (either intiitiated during the 'peak' ie. ego loss or wathaveyou, or the sense of the return to earth/the primeval Homonid climate) which occurs when coming done.

Basically pack the ride of life into 12-16 hours with 500mcgs of LSD is the implication. What I said above may or may not have made sense.

dilated_pupils said:
Why I think shrooms can be used recreationally to view your insights a bit more, I doubt an experience with them for a prisoner would be positive in most aspects. Think about how it could effect people who are having a tough time coping with jail, and all the changes.

I read (I know not where) Timothy Leary paraphased-

Leary: (tripping too, speaking to prisoner on death row?) "I'm afraid of you".

Prisoner:(tripping- hulking murderer) "I'm afraid of you too".

I think that would help me were I in prison, to think that an "intellectual", a doctor, studying me, frightening me- is also afraid. Empathy and connectedness are what jails seek to strip, the opposites are what mushrooms and other psychedelics can interoduce.

^ made perfect sense, lol sorry im a bit tired, brains not fully functional thats all.

as for the 'bad trip' then i think that may be why ive never had one... plenty of times ive gotten caught up on shrooms thinking about the negative aspects of my character and life, but always i use it as a time to better myself. this is why therapy would be a necessity if this plan were ever implemented, people need to learn that the realization of your own faults is nothing to be afraid of... lets face it, they exist and if you lie to yourself about them, your only fooling yourself... everyone else already knows.

was referring to your previous post, however i really liked that one as well :)

Wouldn't a forced psychedelic trip be a good way to weed out who is a sociopath and who isn't?

People with antisocial personality disorders do not have a conscience like you and me. So would it be correct to assume that those who feel guilty about the crime they committed would have a bad trip?

If I were a prisoner, I sure as hell wouldn't want to have a trip in prison, and most definitely not on shrooms out of all things!!

^ lol i dont think we would give them all shrooms like in their cells or w/e and be like 'go for it'

it would be in a psychologists office, comfortable and calm; i would think.

Even then, a psychologist's office is hardly a good setting for a trip, and I still wouldn't want to trip anywhere knowing that I'll be going back to jail after the trip.

Thats just my opinion, of course. I personally am against the whole prison system though.

MeDieViL said:
i came up with this idea a few days ago
i think it would help alot to give a prisoner a Psychedelic Drug, to change their outlook on life and turn them into good persons again?

what are you toughts on this?

What if they're in prison for say growing Psilocybe & selling them? =D

^^^I don't think we're talking about a trip in the showers, or in a darkmusty cell, or the exercise yard but in a controlled (likely sterile and drab, yes) environment. I'd say MDMA would be a better drug though, for relieving the burden of imprisonmement- but pther, more introspective psychedllics may reduce the risk of reoffense, by relinquishing power and embracing that.

youarewhatyouis said:
Wouldn't a forced psychedelic trip be a good way to weed out who is a sociopath and who isn't?

People with antisocial personality disorders do not have a conscience like you and me. So would it be correct to assume that those who feel guilty about the crime they committed would have a bad trip?

I don't think a 'forced' psychedelic trip would ERVER be good. Certainly not as punishment, thats certainly a 'cruel an unusual' form of.

Edit: this was to Jamshyd. BTW wheres sienna gone, all I could get was this sandy brown crap...

Last edited:
"Bad trips" are ones, IMO, that focus on a person's insecurities/issues/neuroses and bring them to the forefront of their minds. Some people encounter this and fail to face it, repress it back down where it used to be, and then suffer all manner of negativity in their lives due to the realization and subsequent repression.

If you be honest with yourself and face your demons, though, the trip, while still just as terrifying and horrible to experience, can be turned around later into one of the best, most useful trips you've ever had, if you use the opportunity to better yourself.

I agree that mushrooms (by the way, I fixed the spelling in the title =D) or another psychedelic could be good and effective tools to help rehabilitate prisoners, or anyone for that matter. But I do think it is far more complicated and difficult than just handing out mushrooms to every prisoner. That would probably be a disaster.

^^ then what would be the criteria for who gets shrooms, and who doesn't? IQ? the crime they committed?

Jamshyd said:
If I were a prisoner, I sure as hell wouldn't want to have a trip in prison, and most definitely not on shrooms out of all things!!

Sounds like a horrible idea to me, too.

youarewhatyouis said:
^^ then what would be the criteria for who gets shrooms, and who doesn't? IQ? the crime they committed?

Hell, I don't know. I was just thinking out loud.

Perhaps desire? If a prisoner was given the option and decided they would like to take a dose and undergo some guided therapy, then I see no reason why they should be denied. A possiblity of help from someone who wants help would have a better chance of success I think.

Anyway, I'm not trying to say this should happen. I'm just discussing.

^^^^Of course, desire. But I think the desire for the trip would have to be precipitated by therapy/CBT/meditation technjques to both ensure commitment, and raise the chance of a successful outcome, whateva that may be.

what about preventing them to end up in prison in the first place
if school could actually care about the mental and emotional health of children they could test their social aptitude and all... and eventually give professional help to trouble kid, (which might include mdma in the right setting in some case)
cause we know the circle, you receive hate before you "give" it, we should take care of our situation before it break not after
why is the government not interested in using the school system as a professional ground to help kid develop into healthy individual when we know the % of kid who don't receive good parenting ...

Xorkoth said:
I agree that mushrooms or another psychedelic could be good and effective tools to help rehabilitate prisoners, or anyone for that matter.

How and why? Prisoners is a term that includes a braod range of presonality types and if any and all of them are included, I thknk your rehab tests would be doomed to make psychedelics look bad. Lets just say that the study of psychedelics should never include testing on prisoners unless it's clandestine tests for weapons grade compounds effective mass dose administrations.

Prisons are not set up to rehabilitate the inmate, that should be obvious. Psychedelic studies on ex-inmates may be a better starting approach, but even that may be biting off a shitload of grizzle with what you thought was meat.

ninjadanslarbretabar said:
what about preventing them to end up in prison in the first place
if school could actually care about the mental and emotional health of children they could test their social aptitude and all... and eventually give professional help to trouble kid, (which might include mdma in the right setting in some case)
cause we know the circle, you receive hate before you "give" it, we should take care of our situation before it break not after
why is the government not interested in using the school system as a professional ground to help kid develop into healthy individual when we know the % of kid who don't receive good parenting ...

We live in a capitalistic society. It costs way to much money to be realisticly and fairly compasionate to everyone. Prisons make money (was it AmeriCorp that recently or not so recently bought many of the nations prisons, and Microsoft, Honda and other corporations hire the prison labor for less than minimum wage [and we subsidize it all with taxes out of our pockets]). There is money to be made by letting the misfit children fall through the cracks.

The very nature of capitalism is to exploit a system until it breaks.

if the government would give 1 heroin fix everyday via the doctor to everyone who wants it except for people with a criminal record, i think it might reduce the number of people ending up in prison
? does that make sense

BreakingSet said:
We live in a capitalistic society. It costs way to much money to be realisticly and fairly compationate to everyone. Prisons make money (was it AmeriCorp that recently or not so recently bought many of the nations prisons, and Microsoft, Honda and other corporations hire the prison labor for less than minimum wage [and we subsidize it all with taxes out of our pockets]). There is money to be made by letting the misfit children fall through the cracks.

The very nature of capitalism is to exploit a system until it breaks.

This post is tragic but true.

Hell, I don't know. I was just thinking out loud.

oh yeah man, well I live out loud. how do you like that maaan? I am because I.....

yeah but I think they should give the prisoners with the highest IQs the shrooms.