• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Should i buy liquid california poppy or just seeds?

RainDogtheCat

Bluelighter
So i heard poppy seed tea is great for withdrawals. Should i buy this "herb pharm california poppy" liquid shit or should i buy seeds and whip up my own drink. Also will it only cure the effects temporarily or will it help me lower tolerance and or get clean. Any info is appreciated. THanks

I'm pretty sure California poppy contains no opiates. I highly doubt that liquid contains any opiates as that would make it a controlled substance, so just buy the seeds. If you want to taper though, I suggest kratom. It's virtually impossible to know how much you're dosing, let alone taper, with PST. Plus, PST withdrawals are a total bitch in their own right and can last for over a month even if you only had a really short habit (I'm going through it right now. 5+ weeks)

California poppy is different - and used for different reasons - than opium.
I used poppy seed tea for years, and its not an easy habit to kick.
I wouldnt recommend such a long lasting opiate mix for tapering.
As for how it would affect your tolerance, there are lots of variables; what your tolerance is (obviously) but also the quality of seeds, etc.
Some are really strong - some have no effect. So in that sense it is really hit-and-miss.

Do you have access to kratom where you live?
A lot of people swear by it for detox/tapering purposes.

Edit - just saw the post above beat me to it. Great minds (...and all that)

But kratom only works for certain people or if u take just the right amount it could make u sicker

Of course PST works great for withdrawals, it's morphine and codeine. That's like saying hydrocodone works great for withdrawals.

California poppy is to be avoided, this IIRC contains similar toxic alkaloids to Argemone spp. and greater celandine, bloodroot etc.

Regular 'poppy seed tea' made from your usual bog standard poppy seeds is likely opium popppy tea.