• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Should I be worried?

Not at all, I know the desperation of a miserable relationship, I was stuck in one too for a very long time. There's plenty of people on here who are more than willing to help you :)

Think about the happiness you deserve, and the steps you need to take to get there.

It's a 3 month wait for a monitor and thank you for understanding ✌️❤️(could I possibly pm if in need of some advice?) In fact probably no advice more u can give me in terms of that?

I had to kick someone out of my life for those fake suicide threats and "attempts" and always cutting themself and getting blood all over my shit.
Then they shacked up with one of my friend's and utterly ruined his life. He's a meth addict wondering the streets somewhere now. Haven't talked to him
in years but I see him around town every once in a while.

I had worrying heart palpitations once. They just went away on their own. There are a lot of factors that can mess with your cardiac function. Stress and insomnia are basically at the top of the list. Blood pressure and anemia might also be a thing, but you its likely they would have been able to tell you that already.
Heart effects are always very worrying but they aren't necessarily uncommon and will often disappear with healthy lifestyle changes.
Its good you went to the doctor. They will probably be able to provide some peace of mind at least.

'will often disappear with healthy lifestyle changes.'

Sounds good. What lifestyle changes (other than the obvious haha) do you think could benefit. Even although I am an alcoholic I would say I'm relatively active not a fitness freak by any means but I walk a lot. I am a bit overweight but not compared to some of my pals who don't eat as much fresh food and are healthy still. I am overanalyzing again aren't I lol. Thanks for all of info anemia and blood pressure gonna voice to my GP he has prescribed me 6-10mg a day of diazepam as canny get beta blockers due to my asthma, although I know people who do. Got a review in a couple of days. Cheers made me feel a bit more relaxed☺️

Last edited:
And the fake suicide attempts really do fuck with your head I've been close myself because of that tbh. Thankfully I love my family too much(not saying people who take their life don't but I'd feel to guilty and I'm lucky to have them plus for the record im not religious in the sense that is a sin i.e. my mum but I can understand why people would do it

I've got a degree in music play piano but just got too fucked on drugs but the plan is nursing as applying for college this year.

Last edited:
Well, for me it was a few things. When my heart issues started I had just been out on a pretty stressful job with lots of schedules to keep to in a very short amount of time.
Projects like this on my job can often push me to work over 16 hours a day multiple days in a row. I got very little sleep and was fairly stressed the whole time. Then when the job was over I got pretty shit faced drunk my last night in that town. I had to catch a ferry after just a couple hours of sleep, and then drive for hours. Well, the palpitations kicked in pretty damn good on that drive and fucked with me for about 2 weeks. I was dumb and never went to the doctor for it, but WebMD did tell me basically what I told you and I decided to to wait it out. Sleep, Diet, Stress and Alcohol consumption were all my triggers and basically the things I needed to improve before they went away. Not sure at what point the cardiac reset happened but one day they just stopped happening.
Seeing the doctor is definitely the right choice though. I mostly post this to try and take the edge of the anxiety. Anxiety about your heart is the most desperately self defeating thing at a time like that.

i honestly don't know what would happen if you called his bluff about threatening suicide. so i don't think i'm advising to do it, but its another option for you and just having it as an option might make you feel a bit empowered.

if you believe someone is a danger to themselves or others then that is a medical issue. i wonder how many times you'd need to phone 999 if he threatened it for him to stop doing it, or actually get taken to a psych ward which will give you time to get his stuff out knowing he is safe.

there are probably massive cons to this idea that i haven't considered but just know you aren't actually helpless when he is manipulating you like that, it is compltely justifiable to call for help.

I have done in the past and unfortunately the police turn up which isn't great as they charged him with breach of the peace last time which just adds to his (and in turn my own) stress. They can legally come in to my home and it stinks of green as well lol. But yes you are totally 100% right this is more important so I shouldn't allow that to be a deterrent even although it's annoying. Thanks again.
Still on the diazepam 3times a day but feel like I'm getting better!

Last edited: