• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Shitty Poppy Seeds

I've been doing the tea quite regularly now, for the past few months. There are atleast two brands which always produce good effects for me. I'd recommend people steer clear of Hoyts though. Not only are they typically always weak, they also seem to have more apparent side effects.

My method of preparation generally goes something like this: Add warm water to seeds (1litre per kg of seed), allow to sit for 5-10 minutes, filter through loose cloth to remove seeds, filter through double coffee filters to remove particles, and then either drink with lemon cordial or evaporate it down so there's less water to drink.

Every time I've tried with Hoyts, the resulting liquid always has a noticeable oil layer on the top. Sometimes a little oil forms with other brands too, but there seems to be a significant amount more with the Hoyts seeds. When consumed, there is mild to strong nausea, which I don't receive from other brands - I assume the oil is to blame for this. The Hoyts seeds also seems to lack the euphoria or the pleasant effects that other brands will produce.

Although many years ago, the Hoyts seeds actually used to be quite good, all they have done for me in recent times is make me feel ill. I wouldn't recommend them at all.

nabollocks said:
Thebaine poppy seed is never sold as food product. It is rather burned as a fuel.

Do you have a source for that? I don't buy it at all.

Promethazine with some ginger completely cures me of any nausea if I get it on this stuff.

^ Promethazine is great with opioids and also good for helping me get some sleep; unfortunately right now I gotta steer clear of it cause I have bronchitis and anti-histamines can make it harder for me to get better. :\

I have found all the grey washed seeds bought from supermarkets and health foods stores to be a waste of time and money ( in my opinion ). Very small buzz with lots of naseau. There used to be a legal source in Nthern NSW that sold unwashed Indian Blue seeds but unfortunately they are no longer selling these and I have been unable to source any others. A real shame they were really good

See the poppy seeds we have here (at least the ones that i've seen) look even shittier than the ones peak posted on the right. I don't think i've ever seen actual black or blue seeds as clean as that.

My question is when u guys say u don't buy from the supermarket or health food stores does that mean that you do not use sources in your town? For example only specific online sources that you know from word of mouth?

Also when you buy ur seeds from the internet sources are they that much cheaper than pods?

My experience with this has been with about 400g of seeds or so and it was pretty stimulating though if I smoked some weed I could relax and feel the nod more. Also felt it was long lasting but felt somewhat strange effects like that of rubber/noodle legs and just more stimulating for an opiate.

I've had a few other experiences with much smaller amounts and they weren't too good either.

I bought a kilo bag recently, it had been washed pretty well. Then tried a jar of hoyts, mainly out of curiousity to see if it had been extra washed, they both had been.

But threw the kilo into the garden, got some nice ornamental seedlings coming up now.

So any general tips? I used to buy 500g bags that worked awesome (one bag would have me nodding for a few hours), but the shop stopped selling them, and I haven't seen anything but hoyts and the ones in the green bags around otherwise, which I'm wary of...

But I've been itching for some opiates of late and I don't want to buy dope again.

lol i just go to the natural herbal stores to get my 'powdery orange' coloured looking poppy seeds that they sell here. pretty decent!! (or mind you just go to a headshop here where they sell the right ones) crush and let them soak in lemon juice for a bit and just use a coffee plunger.

edit: also check/sample the poppy seeds from 'catering' warehouses ;)

Had 1kg of Hoyts between 2 of us, (The 250g jars were on special for 100g price at safeway ;) ), as well as 10 nurofens each (CWE) the other night. I was nodding off pretty hard, first time I'd ever done it, felt similar to the GHB snoozes. I liked it, would do it again.

Yeah tbh poppy seed tea is ftw!

sometimes i just brew up a tea (test a little first to see if any good) add it to my drinking bottle and sip on that all night if going out to some sort of event where I dont feel like alcohol etc..

Grow you're own papaver somniferous ...... Problem solved, although, dont be a fuckhead about it, or you will end up dead or near dead very quickly ... most people learn pretty quickly when screwing around with opiates.

Just want some opinions on what people know about the actual strain of seeds a particular brand sells.

The brand menora sells papaver rhoeas khas khas strain seeds which look identical to Papaver somniferum seeds but would be completely worthless for anything except making poppy seed rolls.

What im getting at does anyone know of a brand(s) that sell Papaver somniferum seed %100? Lets just say if someone happened to spill some somewhere which brand would produce the most "beautiful flowers"?

I've been drinking poppy seed tea for a LONG TIME, i never had one single problem with it. I think the chances of someone having a problem form it are very low. And I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying I've never had a problem with it. Nor have i with pods. I can't tell you how many time Poppy seed tea saved my ass. It's a great as a back up and it's pretty much harmless, at leasts that's what i believe and nothing anyone says will change my mind.

RPG

Old post, but... I thought pods were illegal in Australia? I know you can import them but I thought that would be illegal too.

On topic, I've never had any luck with supermarket seeds. I've tried 3 or 4 different brands, usually about 400-500 grams and never gotten a thing. Hadn't done it for a while but tried again tonight, no luck. Will be getting some bulk seeds soon so we'll see how they go.

I remember reading that the tea should come out brown, the darker the better. The batches I've done are a sort of yellow to yellow-brown colour. For those who have had luck with seeds, what colour is the tea? Does the colour and bitterness give even a general guide to if it's going to work? Eg does yours come out brown?

Encouraging results tonight. Got another supermarket brand. Came in square plastic jars, 120g per jar. Seeds were all dark black unlike in the past when they've been black/light gray. Used 3 jars (360g) and made the tea with 1/2 water and 1/2 lemon juice.

Got a relaxed 'heavy' feeling, especially in the back of my neck. Pupils constricted to about half the size they were before (in same light, doing the same thing). No euphoria to speak of. The body feelings could be placebo of course but pupils constricting leads me to think it's legit.

Will try with 600g of the same seeds on the weekend. Also I'll be getting some seeds from an organic market - don't know if these will be papaver somniferum or papaver rhoeas, suspecting rhoeas as I guess they wouldn't be sourcing from somniferum growers (who use non-organic practices). Worth a shot though.

Any answers on my q's above? :)

^ I always heard dark brown and bitter was best with seed tea, then again some BL'ers have said they have gotten results from lighter colored teas.

i am now laying off psychedelics for the sake of my studies and so have gained a certain fondness for opiates. but of course for me they are extremely unavailable and i have tried poppy seeds a few times with only one successfull experience. all range of promising poppy seeds from health stores etc have failed me using 500 grams or so.

i am gonna try 1kg and just want to double check something. my question is regarding the worst case scenario. if by some wonderfull chance i do use some seeds that have a high content this wouldnt be anywhere near enough to od would it?

Possibly. The guy who died from PST whose parents started poppyseedtea.com, he was using 3.5 pounds of seeds. Which equates to about 1.6 kgs, and you want to use 1kg. I think his morphine level was a lot more than 1.6x the lethal dose (what I'm saying is that if he had used 1kg of those seeds he still would have died, which is the dose you want to use). Granted, he also had sertraline, thc and benzos in his system but I guess the point is that the morphine content would have killed him anyway.

Also, we don't even know where those seeds were placed in the spectrum of strength - were they the strongest you might find, were they in the top 20th percentile?

It's most definitely possible is all I'm saying. :)