• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Share Something Positive About Your Day vs This Does Not Suck (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)?

Work didn't suck too much, I also managed to get all the information I need.
I could finally prepare something for lunch that's not pizza
One of my dogs asked me out for a walk, knowing it's going to be on a leash.
I met a new neighbor and we had a very nice chat. Learned useful things about my new neighborhood.
Got a refund from my health insurance (604 pesos which is like 60 US cents, but better than nothing).

Let's see I think that was a cop behind me when I pulled out without my lights on in the dead of night thankfully I realized it within seconds and flipped them on as I noticed them pull in a lane in the rearview sheesh I am really teetering off my rocker heading for a faceplant had an open alcoholic container I turned before it was like ya a cop is tailing me and my sister is in inpatient after being fired from teaching for drunk driving students from skiing (without an accident at least but what a dice roll...) how did I let myself fall this far in less than a week hey I am not in jail could be for deeds done in the past few

It has been a low stress/high output day and feeling good about it.
Bout to eat beef ribs, mashed taters and whatnot so am very grateful for this day.
Peace

Enjoyed a relaxed early morning with my dogs.
Managed to pinpoint a few things I want to change in my life.
Found CLP 2000 (app. 2 US dollars) under the bed.

I gave a class on "J.S. Mill & the importance of freedom of speech" and the kids were super interested, we had a very lively debate and some of them pointed out the excesses of contemporary cancel culture. That s definitely a good day in the life of a philosophy professor!

Work went well.
Then I went out with one of my dogs to the little shop one (long) block away and it was the first time since before COVID that I did such a thing. Different dog, different place, but everytime Ana stopped to take in some smell, I discovered new little things. When I walk alone I'm more often than not absorbed in my own thoughts. Or I see other, bigger things.
It made me feel so good. And I'm writing this down here in such detail because right now I'm not feeling good at all and need to focus on this positive experience, and what it meant to me just three hours ago.