Share Something Positive About You Day vs. Good Things Happen Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready to go hit the gym after a phone interview in 15 minutes. I'm in the IT field and I've just not been as on point during my phone interviews lately. I am on 2mg subutex daily and I have a bit of brain fog from that. I dont mean to complain! After all, I was in JAIL about 1 year ago! So, all in all, still doing well and remaining positive here. Have a great day peoples!

I love weekends, the positive perspectives of having a small break already changes my mood even before it starts. Nothing really changes but I have learned not to carry my job's stress and concerns as from the moment I get in my car to drive back home. Whatever is not good or intense is now on hold until I recharge my batteries and get warmed up together my beloved ones.

My personal positive, was buying my normal bar soap, so no more of that body wash. Just a personal preference. I dont like it, and feel all slippery after getting out of the shower. Last night was the straw that broke the camels back. So today, I caved and bought a new pack. So tonight I will be as fresh as an Irish Spring, and no longer will have swagger

My boy is going on his first solo journey tomorrow morning!He's traveled with me and with his girlfriend but never alone. I'm so excited for him. I remember the first time I went traveling by myself with no plan. It is both exhilarating and scary, but you never feel more alive. Of course I'm a mom, so I will worry, but he's a very loving human being and I think he will find the world a welcoming place.

[MENTION=198785]herbavore[/MENTION], I think that will be a fantastic experience for him. Seeing other cultures and different values is such a rich learning experience and doing that by yourself teaches a lot about self esteem and independence. This will certainly make him see things differently. People become more tolerant, humble and wise. As he's experienced in travelling, he's adapt faster/easier if he hadn't done it before.

Brand new to BL. Congrats to the people getting clean! My advice to you (from experience) is to avoid spending money on the "fancy" rehab centres. In my experience they are basically prisons. Sure they force you to stay clean which isn't a bad thing at the time, but with many people it just builds resentment and they start planning what they'll do when they get out. The best thing those places do is introduce you to meetings... But that's something you can do on your own! Anyways thanks for reading, hope this helps someone!

Welcome Wishldidnt. Glad to have you. As you browse the threads you find sometimes you can really help them and sometimes its the opposite. Ive made many good friends on here that i correspond with daily. Your post is right too

My good thing today is i just lost my wallet and didnt break anything. Usually i wouldnt but this is the third one in a month. I need to glue it to my forehead! But progress not to get angry at myself and take it out on some poor object. The new Mike is here?

Today I got to sit on the couch, watch some actually quality tv programming, and played guitar. If I could have a few months of this with no family/career/educational pressures my life would be a lot better for the duration. I need a break lol

I hear ys bro. I jammed some today today too, what do you like to play. What kinda ace you got? I got a strat although i play heavier shit so Les PUl would have been better. It was black and green and badass. But i was in a blues phase and got the strat. For anybody who thinks strats cant rip rememember Kirk Hammett played them on Metallicas firt 4 records. I play most Tool and The Beatles but Tool is the fun shit. He used alot of tricky harmonics but i work thru them. Asvlong as i get close. Anyway, thought is send a guitar tink to ya man

I hear ys bro. I jammed some today today too, what do you like to play. What kinda ace you got? I got a strat although i play heavier shit so Les PUl would have been better. It was black and green and badass. But i was in a blues phase and got the strat. For anybody who thinks strats cant rip rememember Kirk Hammett played them on Metallicas firt 4 records. I play most Tool and The Beatles but Tool is the fun shit. He used alot of tricky harmonics but i work thru them. Asvlong as i get close. Anyway, thought is send a guitar tink to ya man
I made a guitar based on garcias later axes. 2 humbucker with split. I play all styles but phish and the dead have a musicality and expressiveness that I love. I can use it to crush some doom metal tho lol. Tool I've found to be a "heavier phish" just from playing along. What's your favorite band right now? I'd post some tracks but unfortunately they all have my real name attached lol

I hear ya man and sorry for my speling in my pose. My favorite band right now and always has been Ween. Their back together so i hope they do some shows here. Nothing like Ween live. Yeah Phish and the Dead is def compilicated to play buy to each hos own. Your axe sunds cool. Keep jammin man

You like ween? Man I fucking love ween. Got into them from phish kind of. Roses are free is probably my favorite song ever. Nothing makes me feel quite as good. I need to catch them cuz I got into them in 2012. Oof. They have such a raw side I love it. The dead got me into music theory and improv, which was furthered by phish.

But I think that the dead taps into raw human emotion. I'm not a very outwardly emotional person but their music forces me to open up. Beautiful in a flawed, human way

Calm and a lazy day despite of being a busy. We have a relative who very ill right now so we're sort alternating so we can help them go through this. Sometimes we only realize how our life is privileged we are when we see how bad things can be. I'm glad I'm not alone now.

Thanks fabriclondon! Better but unfortunately every time we are relieved bc he's better and no longer hospitalized, he's back to how he was before. I can't say for sure if he's going to be with us by Christmas, for instance. And I the worst is not being able to talk about with my wife as she's avoiding the subject so intensively.

I feel good that I can have more time off to help them out, stay at home or take them to the doctor as needed, etc.
It's good to take a break even if it means staying busy doing something else. I would have wanted the same if it was me.

I am finally being able to compensate some of my extra time and will only work few hours today.

Happy.

My 2nd roommate got into a boot camp downtown and will not be in the house anymore 24/7. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.