View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Severe Gas Pain on 4-HO-MiPT???

Delta-9-THC

Bluelighter
First, I apologize for the length of this post but I couldn't make it shorter without leaving potentially important details out. I know there is a Miprocin Big and Dandy but I would like some wider input so if you guys (mods) could leave this out here a while before merging it I would appreciate it. I know this is the length of a trip report but it really isn't one as I don't really go to much into the psychedelic effects (which were fantastic).

I had a somewhat alarming experience the other day when I tried 4-HO-MiPT for the first time. After mulling it over I am questioning wether or not the Miprocin even had anything too do with the physical distress I experienced at the end of the trip. I would like some input on wether you think this has anything to do with the Miprocin.

I took 15mg 4-HO-MiPT fumarate at night and had a slightly uncomfortable come up. It gave me headaches and annoying stimulation as well as mild tremors but no nausea to speak of. Within about an hour these negative feelings disappeared and were replaced by a very nice euphoria and some surprisingly strong visuals. What was intended to be a moderate dose was actually quite strong for me but I was very much enjoying myself at this point.

Let me also note that about 1.5 hours in a ate a pretty strong firecracker which may have been my first mistake.

About 2.5 hours in I got a pretty uncomfortable headache. I decided to take some kratom (a herb with mild opiate like effects) to try to ease the headache as tylenol was not working. I took a little more than intended but I figured I would be fine.

I then felt extremely hungry probably as a result of the firecracker I ate over an hour before. I proceeded to eat ALOT of food. The things I remember are chicken noodle soup and strawberry ice cream. A little while after I began to feel quite strange. My heart rate was elevated and my headache got worse instead of better. I decided to attempt to throw up as I figured I took too much kratom. Let me say that this was about 4 hours into the trip which is part of what puzzles me.

After throwing up a lot my heart rate got faster and I began to feel pain on my left side by my heart, somewhat like heart burn but distinct. It grew to be very painful over about 30 min. I could not get my heart rate to go down either. This pain was now scaring the shit out of me and I decided to wake my roommate up and get his advice in case I needed to go to the hospital.

The pain got worse and I started to experience a very strange sensation as if there was fluid in my chest that was causing a burning aching sensation. As I was pacing around it started to move and it felt as if it was dripping and flowing down my chest cavity on my left side in my ribcage. As a moved around it would shift every few minutes, with the very sharp painful shifting/dripping sensation and then it would settle in one place for a while and the pain would go down to an ache until it moved again.

The pain eventually made its way down to my stomach and by now I had realized I wasn't having a heart attack. I was given half a 7.5mg Vicodin and this quickly lowered my heart rate when it kicked in which suggests it was mostly a result of anxiety. After I realized that moving around made it worse I just decided to just sit in one place and ride it out. it worked, after about an hour of pain it all just disappeared and I felt absolutely fine.

Now the question is whether what appears to be severe gas pains had anything to do with the miprocin or wether they were just a result of my eating a bunch of random shit and producing gas. The fact that this all occurred about 4 hours into the trip suggests that the miprocin isn't responsible because you would think I would feel any gastrointestinal distress almost immediately (within an hour) on digestion. On the flip side, I have taken kratom many times before and eaten lots of different things with it and never experienced gas. I have had painful gas before (randomly, not associated with anything I ingested) but that only lasted minutes and did not shift around while this lasted about an hour and was extremely painful at moments.

I would really like some input because before this occurred I was very pleased with the effects and could not wait to try a higher dose. I found Miprocin to have very unique and powerful visuals, strong mental effects, and a very nice body high to go along. The headaches and tremors where somewhat annoying but not enough to keep me form enjoying the trip.

I am thinking of taking Miprocin again at a lower dose of about 10mg and see if I experience anything similar. If I do not get any negative effects I will work my way up until I feel comfortable thinking that this was a fluke or not.

Last edited:
I've had some pretty severe gas pains about 4hrs after taking Iprocin, but tryptamines tend to make my tract pretty weird in general

^How many times have you taken Iprocin and out of those times, how many did you experience gastrointestinal pain. Just once?

After reading through the Miprocin thread again there is one post that claims they felt chest/kidney pain at some point which may have been mistaken Gastrointestinal pain.

It felt like there was something seriously wrong with my body but after an hour it went away and I was completely fine and had no lingering negative effects.

Perhaps I actually will post this in Trip Reports because I might get more people willing to read through this wall of text and comment.

Mostly I want to know if you guys think it is dangerous for me to continue experimenting with this. I really want to find out if it was a fluke because I was loving the psychedelic effects before this occured.

Last edited:
Yea I realize I made a big mistake by taking all that shit at one time which makes it difficult to narrow the culprit down.

On a related note, What would be the best way to deal with a trip induced headache? Would Aspirin or Advil be a better choice than tylenol?

i have been a big fan of miprocin and i never encountered much gastrointestinal problems with it. i have a rather sensitive stomach, and apart from a little stomach queasiness on the come up this was a benign one in that department. there was no variance in this effect to speak of in doses up to 23mg. regarding GI disturbance, its the same as mushrooms for me. phenethylamines (2c-e notably) could at times be very rough (nausea, cramps, gas and diarrhea) and even at its most bening instances, i would still encounter (but limited to) a moderate to severe nausea, most definitely a long shot from miprocin. so no, i don't think it was the miprocin. but i never had any tremors or headaches with this one either. its possible that this one might not agree with your body chemistry.

^ I second everything in that post (except for the tremors).

This may sound really biased and idiosyncratic, but from my experience with miprocin and food, anything besides fresh, raw fruits and vegetables is totally unacceptable from physical, aesthetic, and spiritual perspectives... when I am connected with my God-self, I need to nourish myself like a God, which apparently for me means raw produce.

Also anything I consume must be done so almost ritualistically, in complete mindfulness and gratitude.

So basically, if I devoured ice cream & chicken flesh while on Miprocin, I could totally see it getting pissed off and giving me a stomachache too...

Just my 2 cents :)

^LOL
thanks for the input guys. From now on I will be very careful what I put in my body whilst (as well as before) tripping. Especially when I am taking a new chemical.

I will be trying this again soon at 10mg and will make sure I eat very healthy the first few days so my digestive system is 100%. I am crossing my fingers that I will be able to continue to take this chemical because it seemed very promising. One of my first thoughts as I began to peak was "I can't wait to try higher doses of this stuff".

I had a similar experience on a few glasses of wine and A LOT of food (and also once on plain A LOT of food). If anything, I think the kratom might have interacted strangely with food intake, while 4-HO-MiPT was probably only responsible for the intensifying of anxiety and paranoia about the pains.

^How many times have you taken Iprocin and out of those times, how many did you experience gastrointestinal pain. Just once?

After reading through the Miprocin thread again there is one post that claims they felt chest/kidney pain at some point which may have been mistaken Gastrointestinal pain.

It felt like there was something seriously wrong with my body but after an hour it went away and I was completely fine and had no lingering negative effects.

Perhaps I actually will post this in Trip Reports because I might get more people willing to read through this wall of text and comment.

Mostly I want to know if you guys think it is dangerous for me to continue experimenting with this. I really want to find out if it was a fluke because I was loving the psychedelic effects before this occured.

I've taken Iprocin a number of times & always noted some GI discomfort. I remember two occasions that were explicitly painful, I want to say right around the 5-6hr mark IIRC. And definitely both of those occasions were directly related to gas :p

The lack of lingering effects makes it sound pretty innocuous. I'd still tread with caution of course, but for me, with many tryptamines, GI discomfort is just part of the experience.

I've had terrible stomach discomfort iprocin + full stomach. On strong doses of any tryptamine I can get confused about bodily discomfort -- where it's coming from, how it's caused -- which could definitely increase anxiety. I avoid eating at least a hour before I take any drug now and try to eat bland things that I won't hate seeing again later. I have also had times of intense nausea on iprocin -- I've started always carrying giner candy which seems to help.

But I'd add that iprocin does not make me feel unhungry or make food unappealing like some other drugs do, so it could be easier to fall into this situation with it? Just a couple of days ago I watched a friend down ~20mg, then eat soup, bread, cake (a lot!), and drink a powerful bloody mary... he did not feel so good awhile later and was hiccuping uncomfortably.

Last edited:
There are lots of 5HT2 receptors in the GI tract that probably also respond to the tryptamines that could cause distress. For some people, discomfort or pain may be unavoidable.