• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Sertraline (Zoloft) Acts as a Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor at Doses Over 300mg

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Despite my meds which usually work I've been feeling more depressed recently. I'm already prescribed 200mg of Sertraline. I'm wondering if it's worth trying out 300mg instead? I feel like the dopamine reuptake inhibition could really help with mood?

EDIT: in studies, Sertraline has been shown to be an even greater dopamine reuptake inhibitor than drugs like Bupropion and is equal to METHYPHENIDATE

Last edited:
Hi ChemicallyEnhanced. I'm also on Sertraline :) I've tried upping from 200mg to 300mg too. It didn't really do anything to me, and FWIW felt a bit of a Wasted 100mg.

I recommend Phenibut for a Mood Enhancer :D

Isn't Sertraline a serotonin reuptake inhibitor rather than a DRI?

Either way, pushing the doses up to that level is only going to cause a greater 'discontinuation syndrome' with increased risk of seizures etc.

Isn't Sertraline a serotonin reuptake inhibitor rather than a DRI?

Either way, pushing the doses up to that level is only going to cause a greater 'discontinuation syndrome' with increased risk of seizures etc.

Yes, it's an SSRI but also acts as a DRI at higher doses.

I was gonna ask my psych about it btw not just up it myself and then run out. I don't have to worry about discontinuation syndrome as I'll be on it for life.