Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Seroquel, Trazadone and Psychedelics

rave23

Bluelighter
Hey,

Long story short, i was on whooping doses of seroquel and trazadone for a while. Went from 400 mg daily down to 12.5 mg daily. Doctors thought it would be best to keep me on antipsychotics for my recovery from Heroin.

So i take Seroquel, 12.5 mg (half a 25 mg tablet) and trazodone, 75 - 100 mg at bedtime.

Can i go ahead and drop some acid again? I realize the seroquel is very low dosage, but it's also rather strong stuff. There would be 10 - 14 hours since i took my last dosage.

Worst thing that happens is the effects will be somewhat muted, am i correct? I don't anticipate too much interference, since the Seroquel is almost tapered off completely. At the end of the acid, i would have to take my Trazodone before going to bed.

Any insights and experiences are appreciated.

It will actually be a bit muted yes, mainly by the Trazadone but Trazadone would be good for an attempt at sleeping. I suggest you take the acid as early in the day as possible, but you will likely still get fairly high. Goodluck

I didn't take any psychedelics while I was on Trazodone, but a friend reported diminished effects of LSD and MDMA while he still took it (either 75 or 100mg a day, not sure).

Trazodone actually is a 5HT-2A antagonist, in case this isn't clear.