serato scratch vs Traktor scratch

$200? are you kidding me? where do you find traktor scratch for that much? I haven't seen it for anything under $400

who said anything about scratch? if you don't actually scratch, any of the scratch programs are thoroughly useless unless looking cool is important to you when you dj.

i`ve never used final scratch, so i cant say anything about it. but i`ve played with a serato and it was great.
normally i jut use good old vinyl, and serato didnt seem to make a difference.

Not going to read though all the pages here all I will say is that I've heard a lot about this from DJ's using Final Scratch, Serato ect over the years. I had a big chat with the people at VinylWarning (StoreDJ) (www.vinylwarning.com.au). They said that Final Scratch is has been dead and discontinued for a long time. Version 2 was not bad but platters are hard to find. Final Scratch always had the better software (Tracktor Scratch) Serato (Raine) make good stuff but the software is crappy compared to Tracktor.

THEY SAID THE BEST DEAL IS TRACKTORS OWN HARDWARE & SOFTWARE VERSION CALLED TRACKTOR SCRATCH. THEY RECCOMENDED THEIR HARDWARE AS THEY USE & SELL MANY OTHER PRODUCTING & EFFECTS UNITS BY THIS COMPANY AND SAID THEY ARE QUALITY. THEY ALSO SAID THEY ARE JUST ABOUT TO RELEASE ANOTHER CHEAPER MODEL OF THE TRACKTOR SCRATCH HARDWARE WITH SAME QUALITY AUDIO BUT WITH ONLY 2 LINES INSTEAD OF 4 AS MOST PEOPLE DON'T NEED 4 DECKS WITH TRACKTOR SCRATCH. THIS MIGHT BE A BETTER/CHEAPER OPTION TO CONSIDER.

Update: Serato Scratch Live 1.9 is out and it's f-n sick. It has 6 loop channels SEPARATE from your regular virtual decks, so you can load up your favorite samples and drop them ANYTIME without having to use up a deck. It also has auto loop down to 1/32 and loop roll so you can exit your loops at the spot where your track would have been if you didn't start the loop. Keeps everything in time and is WAY fun to play with. Loads of other enhancements make this one hell of an update.

also, the SL3 box is out which allows you to record your sets direct into the software. The cable set up is cleaner while offering an AUX in/out. The audio quality has been enhanced and you can LIVE feed into the software to manipulate live audio like any other track. waaaaaaaaaaay super dope shit.

wow, sweet. so all the things traktor could already do. with only 2 decks. nice.

ok so questions i prob already know the answer to,but killing the false hope so i dont get any ideahs..

torq software in no way could work with serato hardware?most of the djs in our local area work with serato..i preferr torq due to its price and layout,but still theres that problem..

whats the cheapest version of serato that i can still record my mixes without the pain in the arse downloading of extra software and work..is ther any i can just reord it like i would normal vinal..through the mixer

Great thread just got Serato to do daytime gigs with, its gonna make my job a piece of piss now.

I ant stopped buzzing since it got ordered fukin ye. Luddite I am no more.

ok so questions i prob already know the answer to,but killing the false hope so i dont get any ideahs..

torq software in no way could work with serato hardware?most of the djs in our local area work with serato..i preferr torq due to its price and layout,but still theres that problem..

whats the cheapest version of serato that i can still record my mixes without the pain in the arse downloading of extra software and work..is ther any i can just reord it like i would normal vinal..through the mixer

I am 99% sure that you can use torq with serato hardware. do a quick google, but I am almost sure I have seen this.

I am 99% sure that you can use torq with serato hardware. do a quick google, but I am almost sure I have seen this.

ok from what i understand i aparently can record through my mixer as normal,the forums just make it sound more complicated than it is..still not sure on the other discussion,alot dabble around it but i cant seem to find the acutal subjet,wit hthis kinda spending it seems like it would be too risky..tho it would be nice t osave about 400$ difference..

ok..another question..does ANYBODY know a program anywhere so i can screen capture my wavelengths of my songs from serato..?or save it to a gif or jpeg or something.

ahoy serato DJs! i'm not sure if you've seen it yet but this is pretty much the greatest trick ever for mixing off a single turntable in case one side goes down:

amputee mode: how to mix with one turntable

basically what you do is put the dead side into internal mode and then use the instant doubles feature to load the track that's playing onto the internal deck. line up all of your EQs to match, flip the crossfader, and then mix in your next track on the same working physical turntable.

the technique is described much better in the link i provided, but this really is an invaluable tool. i've played a gig where one side wasn't getting a read through serato for some reason and it was a bit stressful. i ended up playing tunes via serato on one side and standard vinyl on the bitchy deck. it was totally fine but dropping my backup vinyl 50% of the time wasn't exactly the set i had in mind. seriously, read up and practice this. it's easy and it will save your ass when you next encounter janky gear.

Final Scratch is pretty much dead. Maybe the title should read "Serato Scratch vs Traktor Scratch" as Traktor is Final Scratch's successor.

I see huge debates on this on FB all the time.. im gonna stick with traktor for now.. but I really cant say I know enough about serato