• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Self medicating for AD(H)D

Zon

Bluelighter
I've read a few posts similar to this, usually the person either has access to highly pure ingredients (which I don't have a clue how and know I am allowed to ask about on BL...) or the general reply is that street speed is too dirty for regular use. Well I've been trying over and over to get a doctor to believe that I actually have ADHD but in Germany it seems that they don't believe this is a condition adults can have and refuse to give me any kind of medication which would help, and it's affecting my life too much so I need to do something...

So at least drugs in Germany are generally cleaner than most places around the world, still not ideal but... How? I can't afford under the counter style Adderall, so could I just micro dose speed (20-50mg every few hours)? Are there any serious dangers to it? How can I prevent them? And how can I make sure I also get the desired effect on concentration and motivation? Also are there risks of bad "junkie" type addictions from this? I am thinking to use it 2-3 days per week to help have a more productive life and get things back on track. The other thing is I am also about to start taking an SSRI (zoloft), would that cause any problems on micro doses of speed?

Last edited:
Can you ask for clonidine? Even though it's a blood pressure med, my psychiatrist prescribes it for me off label for my ADD. It's not an off label use in Australia. I'm already anxious enough and he didn't want to prescribe a stimulant.

Don't mix SSRIs with amphetamines, there's a high risk to develop Serotonine Syndrome which is really unpleasant and in the worst case can kill you

ADHD is a clearly defined disorder in both the DSM-V and ICD-10. If despite that, your current doctor still doesn't want to accept that it's a real condition, I'd strongly recommend that you start looking or a new one immediately.

What sort of justifications has he been giving you for not diagnosing you and refusing to prescribe you medication, anyway?

If you don't accross like a drug seeker you can get tested for Adult ADHD in Germany.

While Adderall was never marketed in ze Fatherland, you can get Methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, Medikinet...), Elvanse (better known as "Vyvanse"), or in special cases Amphetamine Sulfate from a compounding pharmacy. However, the Kasse may not necessarily cover anything beyond instant-release Methylphenidate in cases of adult ADHD.

Last edited:
don't use ritalin or amphetamines. You can obtain modafinil or adrafinil legally w/o prescription in many places and you are far less-likely to experience psychotic illness.

don't use ritalin or amphetamines. You can obtain modafinil or adrafinil legally w/o prescription in many places and you are far less-likely to experience psychotic illness.

This. Modafinil/Adrafinil might be your best bet

Unfortunately right now I am not able to get any kind of prescription medication.... I just saw the doctor today who is my second doctor and he didn't want to give anything for it so I have to wait at least a month before I can ask for anything else :(

I will at least try speed to see if it will work as it is the only thing available to me right now, has anyone here ever used it as a work/study aid or adhd medication before?

I would love to try the other options but my doctor wont allow it at the moment, and if I push too hard now I never will. Modafinil also unfortunately requires a prescription in Germany, as I'm pretty sure it does in about all first world countries, not quite sure how people say they get it easily without one. It sounds extremely risky to me.