• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Self Medicating ADHD with Low Dose Oral use High Quality Street Methamphetamine

adhdkid31

Greenlighter
Recently my crazy parents(obsessed with "natural medicine") have decided to take me off of my ADHD medication(60mg Adderall IR per day). I've suffered from severe ADHD ever since I was a little kid. Teachers and coaches have frequently pulled me aside in grade school, middle school, high school, and even college to ask about my focus issues.

I absolutely need to be medicated in order to function in the school setting(especially as an engineering major). Medication transformed me from a C/D student to an A/B student. My parents simply refuse to pay for a
Psychiatrist and or ADHD meds anymore. I'm 19, but I still heavily depend on my parents for financial support to get through college. I also can't afford to see a
Psychiatrist on my own.

The only viable option is to self medicate. Buying Adderall off of the street in my area is extremely expensive and unaffordable for me. Therefore my only option is using high quality street methamphetamine to self medicate. I understand that Desoxyn is used to treat ADHD. However Desoxyn is not the same as high quality street methamphetamine. Could I please receive advice about orally dosing high quality STREET methamphetamine for self medicating ADHD. I just want the dose to be as equivalent to 60 mg of Adderall a day as possible. Also I understand the purity of even high quality street methamphetamine isn't consistent. I just need a rough estimate since I have no other options. Please help me out I'm desperate.

sorry i cant help you it just sickens me to hear of tales like these coming from a supposedly first world country.

I have no idea about using meth to treat adhd. I do know that your meth use will cost you alot more than a psychiatrist and script in the long or more likely the short run.

I don't have an addictive personality, I have great self control, and I've never used my ADHD meds recreationally. I only plan on using it orally in very low doses measured with a milligram scale. If pharmaceutical methamphetamine can be used to treat ADHD, then street methamphetamine should be almost as effective. Also I have never used methamphetamine before and I won't be shooting, smoking, or snorting it.

While I don't condone this decision of yours, I believe that d-amp (Dexedrine) is 5 times more potent than d,l-amp (Adderall) and 10 times more potent than l-amp. However meth quality varies and is not pure d-methamphetamine (Desoxyn) but rather d,l-methamphetamine. The conversion from d-amp to d-methamphetamine is 2:1 (5mg Desoxyn=10mg of Dexedrine). Street meth also consists of l-methamphetamine, which is responsible for much of the undesirable 'peripheral' effects of meth and is more potent than the l-amp isomer of Adderall. Do you have no other option? College-provided health insurance? Subsidized health insurance? Anything but street meth?

Unbelievable. You don't have insurance through your school? You can't find a doctor on a sliding-scale fee? You haven't tried other methods of dealing with it? You haven't given your parents ideas a shot? You think buying meth is cheaper than paying for a month of subsidized generic medicine?

Let me tell you a story that is right up your alley! I decided to try taking methamphetamine once for add and was like noooooo i won't snort it or smoke it. First thing i do……. big line. Next thing I do buy a pipe and me and my gf smoked a gram of it in one night. Just stay away, you don't even know how pure your street meth even is, even the most purest looking crystals can be low quality because of a cut I believe called ?MSM? in it that hey looks like meth crystals. Desoxyn is pure d-n-methyl-n-methamphetamine and is usually prescribed at 20 mg per day orally as a very last option for ADD. ( little known fact: low doses of meth are shown to be neuro-protective, but as dose increases this obviously subsides, actually it was shown that supplementing with 10g's Vit C protected most of the neurones from free radicals produced by meth ). Anyways long story short stay away. And like what if a cop caught you, would you be like oh I just take this for ADD? pffft).

Overall its a bad idea. Ditto to the above posts. Is there a safe way to do it, for long term? Unlikely. Medication management visit fee at your psychiatrist should be around $70. Generic Adderall at CVS will run you around $120 a month cash. Go mow some lawns, clean some houses, walk some dogs. You could make that in a week part time. Good luck

If you really have to I'd look up the dosing protocols for desoxyn and try something similar.

I'll just be straight up and say that I am with your "crazy" parents. I have learned to manage my ADD, using strategies from time management (taught at your school, I'm sure) to mindfulness to a system of written lists that would look like insanity for anyone that has a more organized brain. What you are saying is that you cannot perform the necessary tasks of engineering school without medication. Will that also apply to working in your field? My husband runs an engineering firm and it is pretty demanding. When do you see yourself being able to function adequately without medication? I think the reason that I agree with your parents is that most people never try to implement a disciplined approach to something that can be drastically modified without drugs. Have you thought about tolerance over time or any of the other down sides to taking stimulants long term?

If you are 19 you can go to any doctor (on campus or off) and see them completely confidentially and no doubt you could also get a small part time job that would cover the cost of the monthly prescription. Your parents should not be forced to pay for what is a very controversial drug/diagnosis if they don't think it is good for you. However, if you feel strongly enough about your need for it that you are considering buying and using meth, I think that you need to first see about getting a prescription from a doctor (you do not need a psychiatrist) and then earning the money to pay for it yourself.

Look at your life as a whole. I know that you are no doubt a victim of all the ridiculous pressure to excel and succeed at warp speed that plagues so many young minds today but what about the rest of your life? How you do something is every bit as important as doing it. Establishing discipline, curbing impulsiveness, managing your time and slowly building your ability to focus without drugs is going to benefit you in the longrun. Adderall may get you through school with more ease but the trade off does not seem worth it to me.

Overall its a bad idea. Ditto to the above posts. Is there a safe way to do it, for long term? Unlikely. Medication management visit fee at your psychiatrist should be around $70. Generic Adderall at CVS will run you around $120 a month cash. Go mow some lawns, clean some houses, walk some dogs. You could make that in a week part time. Good luck

But see he has ADD so he won't be able to pay attention to that kinda work, he'll probably get distracted by something. So as far as I see this meth idea is perfect. Why then you could really do a good job of cleaning houses, scrubbing door knobs with tooth brushes and what not. Hell you could even lift valuables to support your impending meth addiction! And to hell with walking dogs, you could run them! And then when your heart rate is at 300 bpm just tell the paramedics you needed to take meth to walk the dogs or else they wouldn't have gotten their exercise, and you wouldn't have money for your meth which you need to walk them errr run them and blame it all on your parents cause they wouldn't spring for adderall. Hell why not suggest your idea to your parents they might think it's a winner.

Have you considered taking ephedrine and caffeine together. In the US You can get ephedrine in the form of Primatene or Bronkaide tablets sold behind the counter but no script needed. All you have to do is ask and usually sign some form to make sure you're not using it to manufacture meth.

Now this is not good to take all the time but at least you can be sure of its purity and avoid all the other risks of the black market and I'm sure its better for you than street meth.

I very rarely take it but 12.5 mg (one tablet) of the ephedrine and 125 mg caffeine in pill form, sometimes double that with a couple baby aspirin (aspirin is optional some say) but I would start small, it has been very effective for those rare instances where I have more shit to get done than I can handle with caffeine alone. Lool up ECA stack. It's pretty dumb to use this for working out IMHO cause it really get syour heart pumping but for ADD its saved me on many occasions just be careful and don't underestimate the stuff.

Now I actually agree that in the long run its best to learn to function without any drugs. Good nutrition, exercise, enough sleep, mindfulness/time management and natural vitamins and herbs are a long term solution and the healthiest but I get where you're coming from so I thought you should know about the effective EC stack as its called or ECA stack. It used to be sold combined until people died from taking way too much and being stupid so now you have to buy the ingredients separately.

There are also certain diet pills that contain similar compounds and can have similar effects but they're not allowed to market these for energy of ADHD.

Please, whatever you do, be careful.

Find a way to pay for it on the side and be thankful your parents are paying for your college tuition at 19. My mom took what was to go towards mine through a divorce settlement with my dad and got a new car and a 3rd breast augmentation. 60k gone in a flash........i'm jealous.

I was diagnosed with major depression 2 years ago. Anyhow, the meds I took (SSRI) never really helped me, even in insane dosages, and my psychiatrist refused to prescribe me stimulants as a tryout when I told him I might have ADD. So I tried selfmedicating myself by smoking about 10 cigarettes a day, a shitload of pot and taking 50mg of ephedrine alongside with 800mg of caffeine over the course of the day.

That combination made me kind of focused, so I was able to work. I even didnt get depressed as long as the bong-hit enlightened my mind. But after some time I developed a certain anxiety when taking ephedrine and caffeine, so I tried to cope with that by smoking even more cigarettes and weed. Nasty side effect, I spent ALL my money on weed, until a point when I couldnt afford food anymore and stole everyday. I also tried out Ethylphenidate, but soon I developed the same anxiety, even with 5mg doses orally.

Then my dealer also sold meth, so I thought Id give it a shot. Well, I tried it out (about 5mg orally twice a day I guess, usually I just dip a area of 5 square millimetres with my finger) and I felt reborn. Concentrated, happy, not even that anxious! That was two weeks ago. Since then ive been taking it everyday and im not even smoking cigarettes anymore, just a small joint with some tobacco once or twice a day to calm down because I still get a bit anxious, but that could also be caused by my complicated living situation right now. Im also trying to get a new psychiatrist, who could prescribe me dl-amphetaminesulphate because you cant prescribe meth in germany, but its pretty hard to find the right one. I just want the right person to treat me.

So yeah, it is possible to use street meth as a treatment, as long as u dont fuck it up and start snorting or smoking it. Anyway, its just a temporary solution for me, "clean" medication is probably still the better option. Hope this helps a bit :)

Last edited:
Get a milligram scale, or make a liquid solution so you can dose accurate to the milligram. Use reagent testing and possibly melt point/solubility to make sure you have consistent product. Stick to plugging it, snorting it, or eating it. Don't smoke or inject or you're gonna end up fucked up- those two routes provide rapid changes in blood concentrations - "rushes" - and lead people to become addicts. So just don't. Snorting and plugging are fast enough methods of getting meth to your brain.

There is, and there isn't a difference between different routes of meth use. Orally meth will be a lot smoother - longer comeups, longer come-downs. Snorted or plugged you'll have fast come-ups but tolerance, side-effects, and abuse factors go up with those routes. Meth will last a long time no matter how you take it, but taking oral doses will "smooth it out" over the day, your body will have time to adjust and rev up - whereas snorting or smoking makes it like flipping a switch and can lead to some, uh, unpleasant takeoff symptoms, like sweating, aggression, anxiety, nausea, etc.

The key points are: if you wanna self medicate you have to pretend you're a doctor. Be a good one. Do your research, Take your time. Less is more. Assume it's always gonna be strong potent shit, so you don't overdo it. Better to be disappointed than fucked up. 5 to 30 milligrams a dose. 2 to 3 doses per day, at least 6-8 hours apart. Take some weekends off. Don't do it every day even though you'll want to. Clear your schedule for at least one crash day a week where you relax, regenerate, regrow, regroup, and blow off steam. Meth is a stimulant. Spread it out and let your body reach an equilibrium. Make sure to eat, sleep, shit, shower, brush your teeth and wash your sweaty body. Every day. Good hygiene in body and mind. Walk the tight rope properly the first time or you'll fall into a pit you won't make it out of...

in my experience, meth is so insanely addicting that i end up chasing the meth euphoria for days. after having an affair with street meth, i dont think i could ever use any pharmaceutical amphetamines therapeutically because i always end up abusing them by trying to use the pills to get as high as that shot of meff'.

no one needs ADD meds to function. ADD/ADHD is not like having diabetes; if you have ADD or ADHD, you don't need a daily shot of insulin to stay mentally and physically healthy. people got along just fine for multiple millenniums without amphetamines, and i believe that you do not give yourself any credit, as a human, how your brain, mind, and body adapt to stressful, overwhelming, and noxious stimuli. please let me give you an honor of accreditation for the abilities you posses that make you special! there are plenty of less-addicting adhd medications out there; some require an "off-label" prescription, and some can be prescribed by a doctor.

Ive Been used Adderall and meth before but honestly meth is so much more powerful, and trying to get it from dealers and shit gets sketchy real quick. Its also the only drug ive ever gotten hooked on. If I could go back I wouldn't have tried it! I had to fail so many times to actually be able to stop and use only occasionally, even then I have to watch myself because before I know that when half the bags gone you'll be out fiending and trying to get more cuz you can never have enough. Not a fun life!

I'm not a doctor, but I don't think it's fair to just make a blanket statement that nobody needs ADHD medication to function. Yes, you can live with ADHD and not die, but Adderall for me (taken as prescribed, never abused) helps me function quite a bit. It also affects me differently than say most of my friends who would take my dose and feel extremely speedy and energetic where as I take that same dose and feel absolutely none of the energy increasing affects but allows me to, for example, read a book without getting stuc rereading the same paragraph over and over for an hour straight.

However, street meth to treat ADHD does sound dangerous. I would take the advice of those telling you to find a way to see a doctor and get a legit prescription that way you can be monitored by a doctor. Are you eligible for any state health insurance/medicaid/etc? It's worth looking into if you aren't covered by your parents insurance. If you are covered by your parents insurance, you likely have more options than you'd think. Good luck with whatever you wind up doing.

Get a milligram scale, or make a liquid solution so you can dose accurate to the milligram. Use reagent testing and possibly melt point/solubility to make sure you have consistent product. Stick to plugging it, snorting it, or eating it. Don't smoke or inject or you're gonna end up fucked up- those two routes provide rapid changes in blood concentrations - "rushes" - and lead people to become addicts. So just don't. Snorting and plugging are fast enough methods of getting meth to your brain.
But come on, there are many of people who have utterly fucked themselves up with dancing around smoking or injecting it, no less of a meth addict to say the least.

Often, I'm sure many who go onto to the other extremes end up dabbling with those methods and progress to that.

Another thing is with street meth, you have no doctor to monitor your control.

Not that a lot of doctors are really concerned with your best interest in mind, but they have their limits, and they're not going to take your mom's toaster in exchange for a a little meth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had ADHD for all of my life and I realize how difficult it is to succeed in our society without medication with this disorder. Desoxyn is generally prescribed in 5mg quantities, and if you manage to obtain high quality street methamphetamine, I am doubtful it will be much higher than 70% purity, so it will probably take 7mg doses of street methamphetamine. I would suggest starting out with the smallest dose (7mg) for a few days, and increasing as needed. However, generally doctors do not prescribe more than 10mg of Desoxyn a day, so don't go much higher above that. Methamphetamine can be an incredibly therapeutic drug used correctly, with neuroprotective properties in low doses (ie not euphoric/recreational doses) and can help balance hormones and such long term. However, taking more and more to achieve the artificial stimulation and motivation you may experience in the first few days can cause an excess of dopamine release and result in neurotoxicity. I would recommend, if you choose to self-medicate with street methamphetamine, to buy an accurate milligram scale, start out with 5-7mg for a few days, and don't dose much higher than 20mg per day. It can be a very beneficial tool, but can destroy your life, brain, and health if used recreationally.