• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Self-administered ketamine therapy for depression - dialing in the dose

hidefromthe_sun

Greenlighter
I have looked at prices in the UK for ketamine therapy and they are insane when compared to sourcing pure pharma-grade ketamine. I am already under therapy and I see no reason to go through their advised therapy sessions, my therapist is fully aware of my intention and whilst he cannot condone it, he is interested to see the results nontheless. It's a pharmacological effect looking at the research, rather than a life-altering journey like psychedelics would provide so I see no reason to see an additional therapist.

I'm planning on going to a psychedelic retreat either in Holland or in South America but it's expensive. I don't think it would be wise to take heroic doses like that without any guidance. Whilst I say that I've always found they have profound positive effects on my life. I just feel the topics I would need to explore are going to cause a lot of anxiety and guidance would be wise. In saying that I was a different person for months after a breakthrough DMT experience so I might entertain that again.

Anyway - studies have generally used 0.5mg per kilo of body weight. That would be a 40mg dose for me. What would the equivalent insufflated dosage be?

I have a lot of experience with ketamine when I was younger so I'm happy I will react well to the experience. I've not found it addictive and I will be following the dosing schedules from a study that explored both major depression and PTSD together (which is what I'm suffering from) with very positive results. I will have a friend present and to be honest - if I can achieve an anti-depressant effect and have a fun ketamine experience I'm quids in!

I'm working closely with a therapist to get off of anti-depressants (I've checked for interactions - I'm fine) and I much prefer the idea of taking a drug 2-3 times as opposed to every day.

There's a book called "Ketamine for depression" which details his treatment regime - he uses sublingual doses. There's a few articles around online about it.

I’ve been using about 5-10mg S-Ketamine sublingual or intranasal about once a week during rough times, like right now.. It works but usually craving it a bit by the end of each week. I feel using anything more than small doses doesn’t work quite the same.

-GC

Haha yeah I tried this in December but ended up doing a huuuuuuge amount and ended up even more fucked up.

I’ve been using about 5-10mg S-Ketamine sublingual or intranasal about once a week during rough times, like right now.. It works but usually craving it a bit by the end of each week. I feel using anything more than small doses doesn’t work quite the same.

-GC
The dosages in the studies are one high dose administered two to three times over a period of three months, although an intranasal spray is option offered on the NHS as a private treatment alternative to the two or three large doses. My aim is to get off of daily anti-depressants. To be honest I don't even like ketamine - a little bump mixed with other drugs is lovely. Nice little wobble. That isn't who I am anymore at 34. I don't drink or use any recreational drugs. I just want to live a healthy life - depression destroyed it and now I'm rebuilding it.

0.5mg per kg of bodyweight IV is an insane dose.

Have you found it has a positive effect on your mood?

The dosages in the studies are one high dose administered two to three times over a period of three months, although an intranasal spray is option offered on the NHS as a private treatment alternative to the two or three large doses. My aim is to get off of daily anti-depressants. To be honest I don't even like ketamine - a little bump mixed with other drugs is lovely. Nice little wobble. That isn't who I am anymore at 34. I don't drink or use any recreational drugs. I just want to live a healthy life - depression destroyed it and now I'm rebuilding it.

I use 1-1.5mg per kg IV, and it brings me serenity for 2weeks.

Yea I don’t like K much either I use it purely for the afterglow. Yup it works well. I find it best in conjunction with a psychedelic like DMT tho..

-GC

Ketamine is great mixed in a Brompton Cocktail

Methadone 80mg
Ritalin IR 35mg
Pregabalin 300mg
Diazepam 10mg
Clonazepam 1mg
Cannabis Indica 5mg oil
Jin 3oz cocktail
Ketamine few nice lines

I also like a 3-4 parts Cocaine & 2 parts Ketamine

Ketamine is great mixed in a Brompton Cocktail

Methadone 80mg
Ritalin IR 35mg
Pregabalin 300mg
Diazepam 10mg
Clonazepam 1mg
Cannabis Indica 5mg oil
Jin 3oz cocktail
Ketamine few nice lines

I also like a 3-4 parts Cocaine & 2 parts Ketamine

I’ve never really understood the C n K combo. I get it for when I’m ready to call it quits, but seems like it dulls out too much if I do them at the same time. Once I’m to that point where the cocaine doesn’t do anything anymore, then the K is nice to remove me from the shit to come.

-GC

Ya, the Cocaine is about 3-4 parts…..with a small portion of Ketamine hcl 1.5-2parts which actually has a synergistic effect to the Cocaine

A potent triple reuptake inhibitor/inverse agonist releasing Dopamine (DAT/SERT/NET)

Ketamine a disassociate anesthetic & NMDA receptor antagonist (Also releasing dopamine with some binding/releasing properties to mu-opioid receptors

Oxycodone added to that I.V. injection cocktail would be HIGHLY effective medically & pleasurable to boot

Studies in WWII confirmed adding a dopaminergic stimulant (Dexedrine / d-amphetamine) to Morphine Sulphate SIGNIFICANTLY enhanced morphines analgesic properties/potency.

Ketamine & Morphine are commonly used together in the same auto-injector for severe battlefield injuries such as stepping on a land mine, loosing a limb, severe burns, shock, etc

Stimulant—Cocaine/Dexedrine/Methedrine/Methylphenidate
Opioid—Oxycodone, Dilaudid, Diamorphine, Methadone
Ketamine hcl

Would be Opioid > stimulant >> ketamine