• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Selegiline and MDMA

bobdole

Greenlighter
Hello. I have been taking 5mg of selegiline for the past 6 days. I have not taken it today and I was wondering if it would be safe to take MDMA late tomorrow evening? Is a two day break enough? I do not care either way and would rather be safe then risk any ill effects.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
We do not allow the use of SWIM here, it doesn't protect you and we all know it's you. I have edited it out of your post.

For future reference please see the BLUA and OD Guidelines in my signature.

I think with 2 days clean you should be safe. Start with the lowest dose you can and go from there, you can always take more if you need to.

"In normal clinical doses it is a selective irreversible MAO-B inhibitor, however in larger doses it loses its specificity and also inhibits MAO-A"

This may be a problem. Is it specifically MAO-I inhibitors that folk need to look out for?

Madog is probably right, but basically the longer you wait between dosing these two drugs, the better the chances are you'll be alright.

Thanks for the replies I don't think I will roll this Friday. Also, sorry to the mod for being ignorant to the new rule.

Everyone who replied to your post is a moderator haha.

Welcome to bluelight, please take the time to read the BLUA and OD guidelines attatched in my signature.

Or mine ;)

An SSRI like Lexapro, Prozac or Zoloft can be used on the comedown to minimize any serotonin/brain issues, right?

I have a question, sorry I'm new on the forum and did not know where else to ask. I've been taking 5mg of Selegiline for about 6 months and am thinking about taking Ectsasy tomorrow night, Is it safe if I miss do not take selegiline tomorrow or is this a dangerous interaction?

Selegiline is an irreversible MAOI, so even missing a dose will still leave you with a significant portion of your MAO-enzymes permanently wrecked, meaning its going to take longer than a day to replace them all.
Granted, at 5 mg per day the Selegiline should have focused mostly on your MAO-B so you should still have some MAO-A enzymes left to take care of the excess serotonin, but I really, really wouldn't recommend risking it.