Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Seinfeld

it's an amazing show - much in the way of the simpsons, the humour *always* seems to be fresh (please take note that i'm referring to the simpsons circa seasons one through ten; the show is dead to me now :)) - something which you can probably attribute to the cynicism of both.

and the best thing -by a fucking mile- is that i only ever watched the show regularly for about two seasons, maybe catching another five or six episodes over the rest of the time...thus, i've got *sooo* many "new" episodes to watch. are the dvds out yet, because i'm going to be hella excited to get them!

JerryBlunted said:
Jerry Seinfeld is the worst part of Seinfeld, it was the other characters that always made the episodes what they are. Granted, some of his material was funny, but for the most part I was a George/Kramer fan (plus the incidental characters are hilariously two dimensional).

Ahh yes, same goes for me the other chars make up the show, though ... is right IMO when he says it wouldn't be the same without Jerry.
Just wanted to see if there were any like minded people out, good call on the 'these pretzels are making me thirsty' btw!
--aoihfopqiw

Last edited by a moderator:
George!

I have watched this show since episode one and still watch them twice a night with the husband. My favorite episode is when Kramer finds the set to the old talk show (mike douglass) and sets it up in his house. He makes everybody who comes over sit on his "stage-living room" and he talks to as if he is interviewing them. The looks on their faces crack me upp everytime.

George also hits that squirill with his girlfriend in the car and has to take it to the vet. He then has to keep it at his house while it recovers. At the end of the show Kramer manages to get Jack Hanna to come on ,er, over (at least i think it is Jack Hanna) and George brings the squirill to see him. Hanna has a big vulture bird that attacks George while he is holding the animal- the bird's favorite food.
At the very end when they come back for the credits George's face is all mangled up. Bwhahahahahaha !

I was kind of disappointed in the finale show at the end of the series. It wasn't as shocking to me as Newhart's ending was though.

I still find Jerry Seinfeld to be hilarious after years of watching it. I wasn't fond of Kramer for most of the series - but I do recognize the reality that without him the show wouldn't be complete. Each show revolves around each one of the characters, and each one is involved in every little "nothing" of each day.

I watch the episodes multiple times daily, so I've gotten to see this more and more. I used to REALLY hate Kramer - one episode stands out where I was just like, ok this is really fucking dumb and I still think it - When Kramer set up his screen door, garden, and had fireworks in the apartment building. It just rubs me the wrong way.

I think George is supposed to sort of freak/creep people out, and he does a great job at it. I just don't think the show could have survived without any of the characters.

I saw Jerry live and he does act the same live as he did on his show, and for whoever said they didnt like jerry being amused at what he said - it's a comedy. It was funny. However, he doesn't do that all the time. He is what he is, and if he wasn't, there wouldn't have been a show, and he wouldn't be a multimillion dollar comedy routine.

I forgot to mention Elaine - i just love her, I don't think Elaine can do wrong -
"i met this lawyer, we had some lobster bisque, yada yada yada, i never heard from him again."
Jerry: you yada yada'ed the best part!"
Elaine: "oh i mentioned the bisque"

haha, that's just prime Elaine, and of course, who can forget "the little kicks" :) I just love watching her dance. I also love the end of Soup Nazi when she yells "NEXT!!" hahahaha, yeah im such a junkie :D

^I love that Elaine quote. Bwahahaha. :D

Would you like a mint? (A Jr. Mint, that is)

i never really like Kramer either. he's almost too much. but still he does add alot to the show so i can't deny that. and the Elaine dancing episode was another one of my favorites too. very funny.

randycaver said:

"i met this lawyer, we had some lobster bisque, yada yada yada, i never heard from him again."
Jerry: you yada yada'ed the best part!"
Elaine: "oh i mentioned the bisque"

My favorite Elane quote by far!

I really like Jerry's stand up as well. But I must say I rented the DVD (the one with him holding the mic stand and crossing the street) and I was very very dissapointed. It was more of a biography about him throwing away all of his old jokes and starting fresh but the large majority of it was just interviews with other people! I want my 4 bucks back.

no, they will not put them on DVDs

something about thinking that there won't be a profit since they are so syndicated, but I'd buy them. Definitely.

Originally posted by randycaver
no, they will not put them on DVDs

something about thinking that there won't be a profit since they are so syndicated, but I'd buy them. Definitely.

i'd buy them too - i don't even watch tv anymore, i just buy dvds. oh well, i guess i'll just have to download them instead.

for once, i try to buy into capitalism, but they don't even want my cash :p

fengtau said:
Does anyone know if they already have Seinfeld on DVDs?

Larry David has them all on video. He gave them to Shaquille O'Neal after he put him in hospital...

Man, am I the only one who hates that show???

I was always annoyed at how they had attractive women with those two butt ugly men, then always had ugly men with the chick, yet she is pretty, sorta. Thought an ugly man with issues did the casting.

who cares if they weren't the hottest? that's hardly the focus of the show. 8(

Remember this?
Lou: What's your name?
Jerry: Jerry Seinfeld.
Lou: What is your address?
Jerry: 129 West 81st street.
Lou: Did Kimberly steal Jo's baby?
Jerry: I don't know.
Lou: Did Billy sleep with Allison's best friend?
Lou: Did Jane's finance kidnap Sydney and take her to Las Vegas? And if so, did she enjoy it?
Lou: Did Jane sleep with Michael again?
Jerry: (He hesitates) Yes! That stupid idiot. He left her for Kimberly, he slept with her sister. He tricked her into giving him half her business, and then she goes ahead and sleeps with him again. I mean she's crazy. How could she do something like that? Oh that Jane, she makes me so mad!!!