View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Second run, First flush of mushrooms

sailor bugg

Bluelighter
So the first 6 jars I did have all expired and stopped producing fruits after 4 flushes. While they were in their 2nd flush I inoculated 6 more jars with p. cubensis B+ spores, which I birthed about 10 days ago. They're just finishing up their 1st flush and I just thought I'd share some pics of the cakes and fruits :D.
11018346_936119906400105_7400379897968238825_n.jpg

11034234_936119799733449_124280439071780531_n.jpg

11044641_936119743066788_853508148041072114_n.jpg

11026183_936119683066794_564854488674048664_n.jpg

10982383_936119559733473_1183195051161577811_n.jpg

10959910_936119416400154_5680765813772815653_n.jpg

11006396_936119056400190_2471380373734799557_n.jpg

Also I just transferred my Tasmanian purple and white poppies into my DWC, one of the sprouts looks really promising (bottom of pic, tall dark green sprout). They're on a 12/12 schedule with a 300W 6-band/ir/uv/12k lum LED panel and a 60W blue/white/6.5k lum/uv LED panel. As for nutrients they are given 16ml "advanced nutrients" grow nutrients and 16ml "advanced nutrients" micro nutrients.

11021116_936119343066828_1324358252425544443_n.jpg

Awesome results mate, love it! Thanks for sharing :)

Goddamn some of those are mutant motherfuckers aren't they? hahahahaha reminds me of some of the abortions that came out of our last grow....also gets me keen to do another, even though we're coming into season here.

9giJsOlh.jpg

AqewqhFh.jpg

Nice mushys, what strain are they? Yea the mushrooms from the last batch were crazy potent, to potent for me to want to take heh. Off of an eighth I got super strong visuals, I could barely read the letters on my computer screen, the walls and doorways were bending and warping and I felt super uncomfortable. Funny thing is my dealer/friend came over one night after he worked and I told him he could have all of my last flush (about an oz), he took this as you can literally take the whole oz, and ate the whole oz. Needless to say I made him leave my place as I didn't want to deal with what was going to happen. He ended up in the hospital and his boss fired him. He was starting to get really fucked up anyways, he was smoking so much hard and it was getting to be a bit much to hangout with him.

I'm wondering if this batch will be as potent…...

So are you growing poppies indoors? I've read that can be quite difficult.

Yep trying my hand at growing poppies using hydroponics. So far, so good. Just a fun little project.
I'd be keen to see how that turns out man. I've contemplating trying my hand at some indoor growing, but my current residence is lacking in space, and I've also read that poppies in specific have a hard time indoors.

I'd be keen to see how that turns out man. I've contemplating trying my hand at some indoor growing, but my current residence is lacking in space, and I've also read that poppies in specific have a hard time indoors.

I chose to grow poppies because I didn't know really what else to grow. You're right though about them being hard to grow indoors, I've read on many websites that this is true. Mind you, I already had the lights and everything, so all I bought to grow them were the nutrients and DWC which only cost about 70$ all together. My friend kept pushing me to grow weed but I don't want to reek up the whole apartment I live in.

Did you find shrooms to be difficult to grow and how long do you think it would take someone inexperienced to grow them?

Also, is it expensive to buy all the equipment and spores necessary for a good yield?

Did you find shrooms to be difficult to grow and how long do you think it would take someone inexperienced to grow them?

Also, is it expensive to buy all the equipment and spores necessary for a good yield?

I researched growing mushrooms for about a month and a half before attempting to actually grow anything. It can be hard to do, but I think if you do a lot of reading and then follow a tek, it's really not that difficult. As for growing time, after inoculation it will maybe take a month for a jar to colonize and then once it's birthed into a fruiting chamber it will take maybe a week or two to start getting a good amount of pin heads. After another week to week and a half they'll be ready for picking.

I don't grow them for the purpose of large yields or selling them, I just do it as a hobby. I usually end up throwing them away or giving them away for free so I dunno much about getting huge yields. Although if you do want bigger yields look into "mono tubs" instead of the "pf tek."

As for cost, it can be extremely cheap to do, everything you need can cost you under 100$ including the spores. Although I had a fair amount money when I did my set up and I spent over 400$, just so I could have everything automated (mind you most of the cost were for my LED panels, which you don't need for mushrooms a regular 6.5k cfl is fine, I just wanted the LED's).

One last thing, don't buy a grow kit, they're a waste of money.

I'm backing bugg - if anyone can grow poppies indoors he can :)

Heheheh thanks, I've never grown any kind of plant or even knew what hydroponics was until I started these poppies about a month ago. So far, so good tho, I have one really promising looking sprout that is growing much faster and bigger than the others and looks very robust. Even if just that one reaches maturity I'll deem this experiment a success.

10450842_936682356343860_6877235037322756132_n.jpg

Just picked and gathered everything from the first flush :D Drying it with a hair drier on low.

From those pictures I can tell you got what you wanted. I am a person who can see that well.

Are these your last batch?

From those pictures I can tell you got what you wanted. I am a person who can see that well.

Are these your last batch?

Yea my expectations were far surpassed by what I got from this run. This is all I got from the first flush of my second set of six BRF jars. Check out how many fruits I got on this cake, it's really impressive, I think at least. And they bruise deep deep blue like crazy, they're more dark blue than white haha.

11053055_937102682968494_6009572303741785136_n.jpg

Do more fresh air exchange as your humidity is ultra high creating fuzzy stems. Water should be avaliable in the air, but not suffocating them. Your mushrooms look beautiful though.

If you want 24 hour fae without using heavy electricity set up a computer fan that pulls air in and out of the box one on each end. If you want to go all out you can set a timer for them to go off every 5 minutes for 1 minute or something to allow humidity buildup before the fans go off and get rid of the excess. Just a thought!

Edit:Also keep the fungal on a rack or screen to allow them to air out all over. IMO the hang dryer should be further or not directly on them unless it's set to cool air. Personally I would recommend a dehydrating agent.... I think you can convert Epsom salt into something useful to dehydrate it by baking it in the oven, but I'm not sure. Did it in the past to make anhydrous solvents.

Do more fresh air exchange as your humidity is ultra high creating fuzzy stems. Water should be avaliable in the air, but not suffocating them. Your mushrooms look beautiful though.

If you want 24 hour fae without using heavy electricity set up a computer fan that pulls air in and out of the box one on each end. If you want to go all out you can set a timer for them to go off every 5 minutes for 1 minute or something to allow humidity buildup before the fans go off and get rid of the excess. Just a thought!

Edit:Also keep the fungal on a rack or screen to allow them to air out all over. IMO the hang dryer should be further or not directly on them unless it's set to cool air. Personally I would recommend a dehydrating agent.... I think you can convert Epsom salt into something useful to dehydrate it by baking it in the oven, but I'm not sure. Did it in the past to make anhydrous solvents.

Thanks for the advice! I have a humidifier running all day/night to keep the humidity at 95%ish but yea ever since I took it off the hygrometer the fruits and even the cakes have gotten fuzzy with mycelium. I'll reconnect it to the hygrometer and give it FAE's by taking the lid off the fruiting chamber and waving the air out with a piece of paper. That fan idea sounds like something that would be good to do, I already have a timer, so I'd just need the fans (I'd like to keep my system as automated as possible).

The hair dryer blowing on the fruits was set to just normal air, so it didn't degrade the active chemicals in them.

Just dunked and rolled the cakes in vermiculite. Hoping the second flush is as good as the first!

In my experience the "pf tek" creates about 7g dried from the 3 flushes. This was my average from over 100 jars, never moved past the pf tek i had my reason and it worked fine i mean think about 100 x 7 sure it took a lot of pressure cooking and i could have done bulk for bigger yields but i learned everything about cloning, grain to grain transfers and all that good stuff.

Keep going with it it is fun and unlike growing plants you can learn a lot about microbiology, if you try.