• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SE QLD Rollcall !

hey astro! Love to meet up! :) I'll have to check with my sis as to when my nephews birthday party is (either saturday or sunday) but it would be awesome to get together on either day? :)

9th of Sept?? I was about to be let off my rather short leash on that weekend. Would love to finally attend a BL SEQ meet up.... if I'm invited

^ NO INVITE FOR YOU!!!! ;):p

just kidding.

yah, i'd be up for a meetup on that weekend..i think i hand in two assignments on that friday so i'm sure i'll want to wipe all existing memories of that knowledge from my brain :\:)

Hiya everyone,
Well I didn't know there was a SEQ roll call, and reading the thread, it seems it has been around for quite a while too. I spose it's time to add my name to this ever growing list of happy people!! I'm on the sunny coast, and would possibly be interested in a meet up on the 9th of sep finances permitting. Take care y'all.

Hey everyone,
I'm on the Gold Coast, did anyone mention stuff happening around here?

okay, my nephew is having a birthday party on the 10th sept (saturday), it's his 13th birthday party and so we can't make it on the 10th. If it turns out that there's a meet up on that day, no problemo, but astro, could we meet up on the sunday for a coffee or tea or something?

:)

i say we just make it for sunday and have a lunch time meet-up if that suits other people.

i'm up for brisbane people choosing the venue too as i don't know of a great deal of rad places. i'm not too worried about getting to different places so it doesn't have to be limited to the valley or the city or anything. my only proviso is that they probably should serve beer, cheaply :)

I might suggest the Mayhem in the Park event on the 10th of September. It's a free event put on by the Mayhem crew in celebration of Harleys' birthday. Roma Street Parklands, starting at 8am.

cuddlefish :)

Last edited:
*waves* sorry won't be down there, still stuck on a nice tropical island :)

Will be down Brisbane in late November for my sister's 21st.

=D

mayhem sounds pretty damn sweet to me and roma parklands is right near my bro's house.
what's even better is i'm not working on the monday so i can stay and party like it's 1974 and go home on the monday!

Well smiley and I will be there for sure. It'll be a very casual event judging by the shenanigans from the last one. Like a normal picnic but more beer and thumping hardcore that attracts strange looks from passers by.

attachment.php

Urbanhog: that's should be right around Adventjah time :p

Hello!

I have a question I need your help with, especially anyone who knows the Gold Coast well.

I'm going for a conference next week, it's at the Gold Coast Convention Centre (next to Jupiters).

My accomodation is booked at a place called Beaches On Wave (cnr Petral & Wave St, Nobby/Mermaid Beach).

My question is, how long is the walk from where I'm staying to the Convention Centre?

Or basically the length of the Gold Coast Highway on this map.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

From my memory, which is a little old now as I haven't lived in Nobby beach for about 13 years, I would say it would take you over an hour to walk that distance, maybe somewhere betweeen 1.5 hrs and 2 hrs to walk. Why don't you get a bus? All you have to do is cross the hwy, there's a stop near there, and buses heading north all the time. I can't see how it would cost you too much either, it not that long a distance on a bus. Hope that helps.

It's a good hour or so to walk that far, around 3 to 4 kilometers I think. I walked that stretch far too many times when I was growing up.

A better plan is to simply take the bus theres a stop right near there and all the busses go directly to Jupiters on that route. It's straight up and down the highway as far as I can remember too.

How long are you up for anyway, and are you planning on visiting Brissie during your stay? You might not remember but we met at GodsKitchen in Melbourne last year.

definitely not one i'd walk in a hurry.
cuddlefish is right. theres bus stops all up gold coast highway right near where you're staying and you can get off just outside the convention centre.
By memory, I think the last bus is about midnight.

Astro, if you're heading to the mayhem thing on saturday, will you still be up for meeting on sunday sometime? :)

^^ until you posted that i totally thought mayhem was on sunday %)

i'd be up for catching up with you guys on sunday....as yeat i have no real plans for the weekend except for friday night.
maybe i PM you.

what day is good for other people?

Originally posted by cuddlefish
How long are you up for anyway, and are you planning on visiting Brissie during your stay? You might not remember but we met at GodsKitchen in Melbourne last year.

Of course I remember! :) Not going to Brisvegas unfortunately.

Thanks to everyone for the reply's. My idiot boss has booked accomodation there believing that it's a "fifteen minute walk" to the Convention Centre. I've already researched bus routes so I'm going to be okay... still tempted to leave him to walk it the first time. Bloody moronic management.