• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Screen vs. No Screen

I just use a Glass Narrowing Bowl with no screen, a Glass Disc Diffused Bowl or a Standard Glass Bowl with a Glass Screen. Depends on what I'm smoking out of.

Metal screens just taste weird.

CHAINER! ive told you, its ALUMINIUM! dammit...

and yeah, foil = bad.
pebbles are good. they do a similar thing with chillums, called a chillum stone.

for a good makeshift screen get a paperclip and bend it to shape.

and yes, if someone cannot afford something that costs 5cents then thats a bad money situation

foil = bad.

Sega is a smart man listen to him. Life is too short as it is to be smoking out of foil. Corn cob pipes are $5 at any grocery or drug store and you won't have to worry about any health effects. The smoke will taste better and corn cob pipes are easy to clean because they actually hit better when caked with resin. If your under 18 you can always get a friend to buy you one. Don't be afraid to ask. They will easily oblige in exchange for a couple of dollars or a couple bowls of cannabis out of your new piece.

Honestly ive only ever used a screen on a wooden pipe, other than that, i dont use them. I just rely on the ashcatcher (ya know, to catch ashes) lol. I don't know a single person around here that uses them, or at least that i can tell...but foreal you shouldn't be pulling green down into your bowl/mouth if you pack it good. To each their own though, im not saying a screen is a bad idea, i just dont know anyone who uses them and im kind of set in my ways now, ya know?

Honestly ive only ever used a screen on a wooden pipe, other than that, i dont use them. I just rely on the ashcatcher (ya know, to catch ashes) lol. I don't know a single person around here that uses them, or at least that i can tell...but foreal you shouldn't be pulling green down into your bowl/mouth if you pack it good. To each their own though, im not saying a screen is a bad idea, i just dont know anyone who uses them and im kind of set in my ways now, ya know?

Yes, because, you know, all pieces have draw holes the exact same size, right?

My 3ft PHX came with a bowl that almost seems like it was designed specifically to waste weed, unless you use a screen. It WILL pull down your greens, even barely toasted, on the lightest toke.

Some pieces just require a screen.

CHAINER! ive told you, its ALUMINIUM! dammit...

and yeah, foil = bad.
pebbles are good. they do a similar thing with chillums, called a chillum stone.

for a good makeshift screen get a paperclip and bend it to shape.

and yes, if someone cannot afford something that costs 5cents then thats a bad money situation

Paperclips are made of aluminium, and some of them have a weird coating on the outside. Most glass pipes really don't require a screen. With pipes that do require a screen I think the best bet is to either spend the horrific price of 5 cents or so per screen or find a nice sized pebble.

They make titanium foil, I've never bought it but it could definitly be utilized for smoking.

shop around! i can get 50 screens for £1.

titanium foil would be interesting, i wonder if it'd be better for BHO than a titanium square,
seeing as its thinner and would get hotter faster?

Yeah, normally I'll put a screen in my pipes due to the amount of polm I smoke and not bother taking it out when smoking green.

read the thread and thought i'd give it a go, went out and bought a couple copper screens and yeah, they are good. can rip hard without fear of waste. water stays clean, hose free from clogging.

Ok so sega, you pulled up my old thread. I have resined my bowl A LOT since 3 months hehe and I still not use any screens. Never really used one.

My bowl has a lot of resin in it, I simply put semi-grounded weed in it, it does not fall down. I smoke normally and when the weed has turned into ashes it falls down in the water. No green is left on the bud.

The thing that annoyed me the most with the screens is that it would not really stick in the bowl therefore, when I would try to take out the weed from the screen, the screen would fall down and since I smoke in my shower, it would fall in the water and get all wet... you know?

Ok so sega, you pulled up my old thread. I have resined my bowl A LOT since 3 months hehe and I still not use any screens. Never really used one.

My bowl has a lot of resin in it, I simply put semi-grounded weed in it, it does not fall down. I smoke normally and when the weed has turned into ashes it falls down in the water. No green is left on the bud.

The thing that annoyed me the most with the screens is that it would not really stick in the bowl therefore, when I would try to take out the weed from the screen, the screen would fall down and since I smoke in my shower, it would fall in the water and get all wet... you know?

The key is to get a very small screen. Trim one down if you have to. They stay in a bit better.

Also smoking weed in your shower is not going to cover up the smell. I hate to burst your bubble.

I could care less about having a screen..then again I hate smoking out of glass. I am a blunt kind of guy..can't remember the last time I used a bowl. I just like being able to drive/lay/walk or do whatever without having to light a contraption and shit. One you get a blunt lit you are home free to just lay back relax and just smoke this nice blunt you rolled.

I used to use a screen in my bong, but after a few weeks the screen would become brittle and break from heat, and it would be covered in resin like almost cemented to my pipe. It was more annoying than anything.

I grind my weed up and put it in the bowl, nothing ever gets sucked through except ash (unless I have a brand new pipe then it takes a while to break it in). And if you use a screen on a new pipe its really annoying with it falling out and shit

I am not scared about losing a spec of weed, it's seriously such a small amount, it would probably take like 20 times a spec is pulled through to equal one hit. If I were to search my whole room for roaches I would probably fill a 20 ounce cup up with them. They are in ash trays, on the floor, book cases, fuckin everywhere.

Ahh I can't wait to get out of work at 4..I set my A/C to come on so its nice when i get to my apartment. I am going to roll a nice ass blunt, and sprawl the fuck out on my couch..it's going to be so nice

my piece has resin on it, dont need a screen. and anything sucked through (pretty much nothing though..) will just get stuck in the resin on the inside of the pipe. Glass+resin=no screen. I dont even have much resin AT ALL on mine and its good enough.

Ok, first of all, I was curious to try my bong with a screen since my bowl is really covered with resin now.

It got well in place and stayed there. When I emptied the bowl, the screen didn't fall. Helped me waste no weed and not taste any ashes. So I will definetly keep smoking with a screen now o_O

And yea of course smoking in my shower doesn't cover the smell... I've just been doing so for like 4-5 months, been doing it even when parents were home and no suspicion (however you spell that :p). So Idk what you've been doing but it does cover the smell.

Maybe you don't have that big fan that works like a vaccum over your shower, but I do. Therefore, it doesn't smell :)

I have never really seen the reason to buy it. Most of my smoking is solo, I use small scissors to break up my herb, usually only pack about 2 or 3 hits worth. Hold the lighter slightly above the material, corner it and then more often then not it will stay lit. If not then I just quickly draw the flame towards the edge of the unburnt weed.

If I am smoking with more people its often a blunt or a joint. Don't really smoke too many bongs, but I do enjoy them.