• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Scared to use phenibut for sleep after heroin?

menidiatis

Bluelighter
If Ieave a few hours from my last heroin use I can take either 20mg temazepam or 0.75mg etizolam which help me sleep (I am chronic insomniac from before I ever took drugs). These dosages have never suppressed my breathing

I want to switch to using phenibut some days instead, to reduce dependence to benzos but I am scared of breath suppressing.

What is the equivalent safe dosage for pheni? I have no tolerance to Gabapentinoids

Phenibut is very different from benzodiazepines and as such has no clear cut conversion formula. Off the top of my head, if i were forced to give a crude conversion in terms of equianxiolytic effect I'd say maybe 1,500 of phenibut = 10mg or so. Again they essentially incomparable. And while diazepam (ie benzos as a class of drugs, with diazepam being the prototypical one) could largely substitute for phenibut, phenibut can't satisfactorily substitute for diazepam

You're asking about using.... for heroin withdrawal or in combination with heroin? I'm surprised you'd need an additional sleep aid while on heroin.
Heroin does not help at all for my sleep, I need benzos to sleep

Phenibut is very different from benzodiazepines and as such has no clear cut conversion formula. Off the top of my head, if i were forced to give a crude conversion in terms of equianxiolytic effect I'd say maybe 1,500 of phenibut = 10mg or so. Again they essentially incomparable. And while diazepam (ie benzos as a class of drugs, with diazepam being the prototypical one) could largely substitute for phenibut, phenibut can't satisfactorily substitute for diazepam
I just read in the forum that some people get good sleep on pheni

My question was more like whether it is safe to use let a say 1g phenibut 6 hours after last heroin use

Phenibut withdrawal is nasty. Conventional wisedom is to not use more than twice a week. Even rotating back and forth between the two will probably lead to... not a great place. Careful my friend.

Phenibut withdrawal is nasty. Conventional wisedom is to not use more than twice a week. Even rotating back and forth between the two will probably lead to... not a great place. Careful my friend.
Even when using "therapeutic" doses? Like half a gram?