View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia

RxSCRIPTION

Greenlighter
Just a short question, has anyone thought of Salvia Divinorum. Becausse its freely available over the internet and head shops. My friend tried it once and really liked it he had an out of body experiance! he said he heard wonderfull music whilst he froze for a minute and thought he told me to take the bong out of his hand. hee didnt say anything then had a short shout at me "why didnt you take it out my hand" lol. Also I have read multiple erowid reports on strong extracs where people had experiances like meeting god and talking to spirutual being. AFAIK there have been little to no negative experiances and again its not illegal. kind regards

If you read Erowid reports, there are TONS of reports of people having traumatic or at least terrifying experiences on salvia. Some people find it serene but most reports I've read describe the full breakthrough experience as extremely terrifying, but worthwhile and amazing. Many people with a lot of psychedelic experience report salvia as the single most intense experience they've had on anything.

salvia is really intense and a trip sitter is needed reality will pretty much shatter and you will be flying through the multiverse with no anchor to the physical plane its extremely crazy, it wears off within 5-10 minutes but the time dilation is insane on saliva it can feel like you have been gone for hours, days weeks and some people have reported full on living months in another alien reality with a full life doing alien shit whatever you do if you try it do not give into the sensation of standing up sit down while ripping it so many people have jumped out of windows or destroyed there rooms cause they have no sense of being on the physical plane of reality. Its a pretty interesting compound and the most craziest thing you could ever experience. Most people have a bad trip on salvia which is due to taking way to huge hits of extracts for their starting experience. Traditionally salvia is only chewed giving a longer spiritual but more pleasant experience.

I would definitely exercise caution with ol Sally D. I’ve had good experiences with it but have had friends and read reports of those who most certainly did not. While I have zero reservations about the classic psychedelics for people without experience (if they are going to act responsibly) I don’t really feel the same about Salvia. A trip sitter is an absolute must in my opinion - people have seriously injured themselves and done other dumb shit on it, even when taking precautionary measures.

The experience reminds me of a dissociative like ketamine in a way that not everyone finds pleasant. My experiences are sort of like an action movie - keeps your attention for awhile but it’s mostly like a “well that happened” sort of experience where something like DMT is like a great documentary where you learned something and are better for having spent the time with it. Just my experience and also depends on what you want out of it.

Hamilton Morris has a great Pharmacopeia episode on it - I believe it’s available for free on YouTube. Definitely recommend watching it. Quidding or chewing the leaves is the best way to experience it - you have time to feel out how high you are going to get and can stop it from becoming too much by not ingesting more material. And even then If you take enough it’s about as intense as smoking it but it lasts 2-3 hours and sometimes even longer.

Most of the people having bad experiences smoke enhanced extracts - if you’re hellbent on smoking it I would advise starting with just the leaf and working your way up to enhanced extracts. The old psychedelic axiom “you can always take more but you can never take less” really applies with Salvia.

I’m 100% against the criminalization of drugs but from a pure harm reduction standpoint Salvia makes the best case for being made illegal out of all the psychedelics I’ve ever tried. And again this is coming from someone who has tried it and liked it and will definitely do it again.

Apparently using the leaf, not extracts, is a much easier and smoother way to learn from it.

All of the above

Quidding it is wonderful, but I've only ever had luck with fresh leaves, and I haven't had a plant in ten years now. Also, many of us live in the States where it is pretty widely illegal now.

Yeah, Salvia is illegal over most of the U.S. I tried it a couple times (extracts) in grade school and remember it being terrifyingly intense. Most hallucinogenic drug I've tried. Much prefer a good acid trip.

Salvia is by no means a guaranteed good trip (if there is such a thing). Don't have much experience with it but had an interesting trip on leafs. Another time I got some left-overs from a friend who didn't want it anymore (5x extract I believe) - I was very tense at the time and dealing with some anxiety issues, so I was wary of using salvia but just took the smallest hit to test the potency. I immediately had that feeling of being being pushed backwards and got quite unnerving palpitations. Thought to myself:“ Damn, hope it wasn't enough for a full trip after all“ ( not the best thought to have when you've already dosed :) ). Luckily the effects subsided quickly and didn't intensify, because had I taken more I might have been in for a pretty bad trip (and bad trips on salvia can be quite destructive feom what I've heard).
So obviously set and setting is important but salvia in general isn't really steerable once you've taken it, so be aware of that.

not steerable is a fine way to put it, just like the best teachers are

teachers should not be illegal

If you read Erowid reports, there are TONS of reports of people having traumatic or at least terrifying experiences on salvia. Some people find it serene but most reports I've read describe the full breakthrough experience as extremely terrifying, but worthwhile and amazing. Many people with a lot of psychedelic experience report salvia as the single most intense experience they've had on anything.
True dat.