• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ethnobotanicals Salvia sclarea Essential Oil

I'm not into aromatherapy, but that sage people burn as a 'cleansing' something or other, does seem to produce a light calm feeling.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's something more to it than it's aroma. Given the extreme potency of Salvinorin A as an agonist to certain opioid sites (as the most obvious example) I do believe there could be more interesting compounds to be found in Salvia species than meets the eye (or nose).
We aren’t talking about sage. Clary sage is much stronger, or so I was led to believe.

Yes I know they are different species, I was just talking about the Salvia family in general. They are interesting to me..

Sorry, I didn't mean to diverge from your intended topic.

Nah, says “commercial grade” keep out of reach of children. Not for internal use.

I can stay awake on large doses of other sleepy substances if stressed, so when I say I need to be knocked out to sleep, I’m not joking!

Commercial grade is typically cut good, I would not consume that orally. That’s likely the problem.

The brand I have advertises as “kid safe” which for them means unadulterated organic oils.

That said, maybe you are just a hard head when it comes to sedatives.

I'm not into aromatherapy, but that sage people burn as a 'cleansing' something or other, does seem to produce a light calm feeling.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's something more to it than it's aroma. Given the extreme potency of Salvinorin A as an agonist to certain opioid sites (as the most obvious example) I do believe there could be more interesting compounds to be found in Salvia species than meets the eye (or nose).

Thujone is the main active in Sage. In fact, Sage oil is a much better more pure source of thujone than wormwood. People just need be careful as folks have died consuming very small amounts, if my memory serves me as little as 10ml. Thujone alone can induce convulsions that’s why it’s best to pair it with a GABA hitting drug, I wonder if anyone’s ever tried that?.. ;)

-GC