Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Salvia Divinorum - New Experience - first and probably last salvia trip

downfallin

Bluelighter
Ok so this was about a year ago but i can still remember everything pretty vividly. I was at my friend Bs house. and he was having a kickback with about 15 people. Everyone was drinking and blazing and having a good time. Me being the slightly awkard social person that i am, felt a little uncomfortable with all the people. So this girl P, who is sitting on the couch pulls out a chew can looking thing with some dark brown salvia extract in it. She shows it to everyone and asks who wants a hit. I had been wanting to try this quick fix halluciangen that i had been hearing so much about to i figured id give it a shot. My friend B got the first hit. within seconds of letting out the smallish toke that he had inhaled he started laughing and took off his pants saying that the room was too hot. the pipe went around until it got to me. There was a tiny bit in the pipe but i decided i was gona go all out and packed another bowl. I ripped that shit as hard as i could and kept the wierd tasting smoke in my lungs for around 30 seconds. The second i saw that smoke exit my mouth i knew i was fucked! After the hit all i said was" iiii fffelllll ssssoooooo wwwwwiieerrdd!!!!!!" and the room became a flat surface and bent around me. So hard to explain. I lost all coordination and apparently dropped the pipe. everything from my perefieral vision went black and as i looked around the room everthing looked like it was getting pulled towards me. Everyone in the room dissapeared and i became the only one in the room. An overwhealming sense of dread and fear overcame me, that of wich i had never experienced anything like to this day. This salvia fear,, as i call it is the most terrifying sensation. I felt like all of the air was being pressed out of my chest and i was completely immobilized. The heat that i felt was overwhealming and all i could think is this feels like HELL! I then began getting sucked backwards and the couch became one with the darkness behind me. I then fell onto the floor and started grabbing anything i could get ahold of to try and keep from getting sucked in. After that was just pure chaos in my mind and about ten minutes later i came down with everybody staring at me. I left the kickback immediately after i was back in my own head again and i kept on repeating 'fuck that shit' over and over to myself on the walk home( luckily i lived about 2 streets down). Anyways im not sure what X potency it was but it sure as hell was enough to drive me out of my mind. I will never underestimate hallucinagens again and lookinig back on it i think my mindset had alot to do with my bad experience. Nonetheless that is going to be my last salvia experience at least for a long time.

Thank you for explaining my first salvia trip to the T, minus a huge group of people. Being sucked back into the couch by some sort of evil being was absolutely terrifying. I tried it once more after this and swore never to try it again. I had more fun watching my friends try this unique substance. I found it quite interesting how my friends would insist on trying this substance after I considered it a "5 minute trip to hell." One of my friends actually enjoyed it. It was amusing to watch him fight the powerful gravitational pull that fully embraced his body which he was standing. He would slowly, but surely be pulled down to the ground each time he smoked it while standing up, which I STRONGLY ADVISE never to do, but he insisted. This stuff was NOT enjoyable to me and I will never try it again.

haha ya smoking this stuff standing up..not a good idea haha gravity goes all out of whack

You got a bitchslap from Sally boy, never underestimate the power of the darkside ;) Salvia is beautiful, im sorry you didnt enjoy her. Peace.

Agree with Lysergic, I say give it another chance, go into the trip with an open mind & closed eyes, it can be so rewarding.

So many people I know only have "That shit is fucked" to say about Salvia, there's so much to ponder over and learn from I don't see why people want to remain ignorant to it. But I've given up trying to explain this to people who don't understand psychedelics..

Did you ever find out what you did during your trip??

That really sucks that you had to experience that in a party setting. I think I would hate to do salvia with anyone other than people I really trust...

Maybe you'd feel better if you tried it again with just a trusted friend.

Salvia does play tricks with gravity on you, it did for me both times. Definitely, never underestimate salvia, if you fuck with it, it will fuck with you. Setting is crucial for that stuff too.

How are the physical effects on this drug? Are they enjoyable? I wish I could try Salvia out.

I know exactly what you mean when you said the room became flat and curled around you. I usually feel sort of like the whole world is part of a flipbook, and a bunch of worlds are flipping like a cartoon. It's impossible to explain.

theres a reason why its still legal in alot of places, alot of people try it and don't like it, ive never reached a really fucked up dose, but everytime ive done it ive gotten that cold sweat and felt really uncomforatble,

@ fireredfreak. The effects of salvia can be very pleasurable. Instant muscle relaxation. Its weird but i used to use salvia to alleviate panic and anxiety. Mainly because my anxiety would cause my muscles to be all tensed up, and salvia within 10 seconds of exhaling would do a nice soft reset between my brain and my muscles lol. Plus the visuals are nice to boot. I have a 92 inch projector setup in my living room and watching winamp visualizations and doing this was very awesome. everything becomes 3d and its like your looking in through a window. Also a very disconnected from reality feeling. Like I've dropped through a hole and am looking up from the bottom, seeing myself and everyone else back in reality. I also felt the other way around where I was on top of a HUGE ferris wheel, and was looking at everyone else down in reality. great stuff, and i will never forget my days with miss sally.

@figuredfreak. that depends entirely on whether or not you breakthrough. salvia space is almost opposite the space in reality we normally inhabit. normal reality is subjective; you are one, clearly defined being among many others. in salvia space you lose that subjectivity and it is as if you become, in both a physical and psychological sense, one with everything else in reality. while this may sound appealing, to many people it's absolutely terrifying. that's only if you breakthrough though, i don't know what a salvia trip is like when you don't...

I have done salvia a few times it wasn't terrible like that I was at peace In nature the first time.what i don't like about it is the heat sweating and the needle's needle's all over my body about a centimeter to an inch apart not pushing into my skin not painful just uncomfortable.I would say i've only had 1 real trip that i still remember.

WOW! that does sound mega terrifying had to be greater than 20 X that's for sure =D

I have done salvia a few times it wasn't terrible like that I was at peace In nature the first time.what i don't like about it is the heat sweating and the needle's needle's all over my body about a centimeter to an inch apart not pushing into my skin not painful just uncomfortable.I would say i've only had 1 real trip that i still remember.

Amen to the needles, I don't get whats with that... another asset that makes this unappealing

Has anyone else noticed the erasing of the ego ?
like when ya chief and everything becomes new and afterwards everything seems fresh
and having a new perception ... get what im trying to ask?

not sure if you had that with this report

Salvia is the strongest hallucinogen I have ever done by a long shot. It was kinda cool the first couple times, but after having a break through complete ego-loss mind fuck I have not been able to enjoy it since. From the weird pulling sensations, clothes feeling SO annoying, male chinese voices laughing at me and the Salvia goddess herself telling me to never do it again. I will probably take her advice now even though I did try it again after she told me that, but it's just a weird foreign and uncomfortable feeling.