• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol Safe or dangerous

John Highfield 47$#@

Bluelighter
Hi everyone I don't know if thIs is the right forum to ask But I have a question? Is n-butyl alcohol safe to drink or deadly?

It's about 5-10 times less toxic than ethanol, this is based on LD50 in rats.

However, it's about six times more intoxicating based on studies in rats. Now How that transfers to humans? I don't know.

The literature does state that the body metabolizes 1-butanol more slowly than ethanol. So be careful how much you drink if you're going to drink it because apparently it's much more depressing for the central nervous system than just ethanol.

I am in no way promoting that you drink it

Thank you for your response I was worried that it was caustic or had nasty metabolic byproduct needless to say h.a.r.m reduction applies and the lack of human studies is worrying
It's about 5-10 times less toxic than ethanol, this is based on LD50 in rats.

However, it's about six times more intoxicating based on studies in rats. Now How that transfers to humans? I don't know.

The literature does state that the body metabolizes 1-butanol more slowly than ethanol. So be careful how much you drink if you're going to drink it because apparently it's much more depressing for the central nervous system than just ethanol.

I am in no way promoting that you drink it