• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Safe intravenous Injection.

Shitake

Bluelighter
hello, i'm new here. I would like tips on how to inject crushed and dissolved pills more safely. I usually make the morphine (10mg) or 10mg methylphenidate (ritalin) pills into a powder, after this, I put the powder under a spoon, then I fill the spoon with 0.7mls of serum.

>I use 0.7mls of serum for each 10mg pill<

I mix the solution until the powder dissolves, then I drop a small cotton ball under the spoon, remove the needle from the syringe, press the syringe against the cotton ball (which has absorbed the mixture) and pull the liquid through the cotton to filter it.

I check to see if there is any piece of pill or air inside the syringe tube, then I make a tourniquet on the wrist and apply it to the most visible vein in the hand.

I would like to know if there is a safer and more efficient way to inject pills, I was just injected 10mg of Ritalin yesterday and almost blacked out, I had difficulty breathing and difficulty seeing. (I would also like to know if this symptom is typical of when air enters the veins) it was the first time it happened to me.

would also like to know if this symptom is typical of when air enters the veins)
Small amount of air isn't an issue. I read on here you'd have to inject a full 3ml syringe of air before you got any problems.

Remember to regulate your breathing while injecting, your symptoms sound like lack of oxygen. I've been victim of holding my breath while trying to register and getting light headed.

You should invest in some micron filters because cotton isnt really good enough for injecting pills. You can get them really cheap online.
You didn't mention swabs or rubbing alcohol but I'm hoping you use them, or at least thoroughly wash both hands and the injection site prior to doing the shot.

I've moved this to another forum that's more appropriate,

STH ----> OD

hello, i'm new here. I would like tips on how to inject crushed and dissolved pills more safely. I usually make the morphine (10mg) or 10mg methylphenidate (ritalin) pills into a powder, after this, I put the powder under a spoon, then I fill the spoon with 0.7mls of serum.

>I use 0.7mls of serum for each 10mg pill<

I mix the solution until the powder dissolves, then I drop a small cotton ball under the spoon, remove the needle from the syringe, press the syringe against the cotton ball (which has absorbed the mixture) and pull the liquid through the cotton to filter it.

I check to see if there is any piece of pill or air inside the syringe tube, then I make a tourniquet on the wrist and apply it to the most visible vein in the hand.

I would like to know if there is a safer and more efficient way to inject pills, I was just injected 10mg of Ritalin yesterday and almost blacked out, I had difficulty breathing and difficulty seeing. (I would also like to know if this symptom is typical of when air enters the veins) it was the first time it happened to me.

Use the following procedure, and absolutely use a micron wheel filter:

In the worst case, if someone absolutely must inject a pill and don't have immediate access to micron filters, it would be safer to use the following filtering approach (as opposed to dropping cotton into a spoon and drawing up through cotton directly).

I used to do the following to filter pills back when i didn't have other options. You pour the pill/ water mixture into the back of 5ml syringe packed 1/3rd the way up with preferably sterile cotton. Then I'd have a 5ml second syringe also packed with cotton ready, and would force the contents of the first syringe by inserting and depressing the plunger, and spray it into the back of the second syringe packed with cotton. Then I'd press put in the plunger of the second syringe and press the solution into a clean receptacle. Then I'd draw it up.

Small amount of air isn't an issue. I read on here you'd have to inject a full 3ml syringe of air before you got any problems.

Remember to regulate your breathing while injecting, your symptoms sound like lack of oxygen. I've been victim of holding my breath while trying to register and getting light headed.

You should invest in some micron filters because cotton isnt really good enough for injecting pills. You can get them really cheap online.
You didn't mention swabs or rubbing alcohol but I'm hoping you use them, or at least thoroughly wash both hands and the injection site prior to doing the shot.
Thank you so much for the attention. Yes, I wash my hands and use sanitizers. Maybe was the euphoric high with lack of O2. Im afraid of IM injections now.

These filters look perfect, but maybe they dont be commercialized here in brazil.

Use the following procedure, and absolutely use a micron wheel filter:
Definitely do use one. But get a 0.2 micron filter, 0.45 does a poorer job at filtering spores and bacteria. Neither will filter viruses though so you still need all the other precautions.

You should find them online with mostly worldwide shipping.

Definitely do use one. But get a 0.2 micron filter, 0.45 does a poorer job at filtering spores and bacteria. Neither will filter viruses though so you still need all the other precautions.

You should find them online with mostly worldwide shipping.

Yes you are right, that was just to illustrate what they look like.

Always use a .2 micron filter (or in my experience the more commonly found, .22 micron filter).