Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Safe Houses for Glue Sniffing | Herald Sun 22/01/02

gleep

Bluelighter
A WELFARE agency has set up sniffing rooms where staff supervise children getting high on paint and glue fumes, a State Parliament report reveals.
The controversial report backs calls from other welfare groups for children as young as seven to be taught how to minimise the harmful effects of sniffing.
Full Story on the Herald Sun site.
A familiar debate. Is supervising and education people in safer drug use condoning the act? And does it imply some responsibility upon the group doing the educating?
gleep

I just heard on the news that the public outrage has put a stop to this. That and Bracksy saying he'd cut their funding. I know it sounded bad (kids chroming) but it was harm-minimisation they were practicing. The Centre should have kept their mouth shut - it appears they dobbed themselves in by doing a government report on it.

ROFLMAO :p This is the stupidest thing i have heard from the media in a while.

I'm not sure whether or not this is a good idea, so I wont really express my opinion. I will say that the media sensationalised the story (it was a herald sun exclusive remember ;) ).
It wasn't only about giving the kids a safer way to chrome, it was about getting them off it gradually. Rather than say, no, you cant chrome, and have them run off and do it elsewhere, they were trying to educate the kids into not doing it, and if they really MUST do it, then how to do it safely.

Err. haha. Stupid. I want legal pot.. NOW. Dutche Rooms Please..

Yeah according to the law you can chrome all you want and that's just fine and dandy but smoke a joint and suddenly your a criminal.
Well at least what the agency was doing makes a refreshing change from the don't do drugs mantra we've all heard a million times before. The kids are still going to chrome - it's legal for f*cks sake - just now there gonna go do it in the alley rather than in front of somebody who is sober and has at least basic first aid training. Good on ya Bracks that's looking after our youth.