• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Sadly Announcing that Philip Seymour Hoffman Has Died

Carl Landrover

Bluelighter
Not sure of the causes yet, just says he was found dead this morning February 2, 2014 at the age of 46.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/philip-seymour-hoffman-dead-46/story?id=22335771

American actor and director Philip Seymour Hoffman has died. He was 46.

The Academy Award winner was found in his Manhattan apartment at 35 Bethune St. in the West Village neighborhood of Manhattan this morning morning, according to the New York Police Department, which is investigating.

The cause of death has not yet been determined.

Hoffman won the Best Actor Academy Award and the Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture -- Drama for his leading role in the 2005 film "Capote."

He was nominated for three Best Supporting Actor Oscars, for "The Master," "Doubt," and "Charlie Wilson's War."

Very sad news. He was an amazing actor. Thought he would have had a lot more great roles left. :(

Yeah, I read an article that says he was found with a needle in his arm.

Depressing.

in those old thread about if your life was made into a movie who would play you: i chose this guy.

now he ods on heroin and im a big heroin fan myslef

OoooOOoOOO cosmic lol

tumblr_ms2q9gAeuJ1s80ppfo1_250.gif
tumblr_ms2q9gAeuJ1s80ppfo2_250.gif

tumblr_ms2q9gAeuJ1s80ppfo7_r1_250.gif
tumblr_ms2q9gAeuJ1s80ppfo4_250.gif

tumblr_ms2q9gAeuJ1s80ppfo5_250.gif
tumblr_ms2q9gAeuJ1s80ppfo6_250.gif

This man was a master at his craft. Very few actors impress me. Capote was a superior film that i highly suggest. Also, a very bizarre yet excellent film called, " Happiness" he played a perv. That whole film is excellent, yet icky.

Yep, heroin gets another. His sons pain was so evident on aYouTube vid of the funeral. I have a kid. I cant imagine my stupidity of leaving him behind cuz i get high.

You mentioning Happiness made me think of another movie of his called, Love, Liza. He plays a writer(I think he was a writer) whose wife commits suicide without explanation. The way he copes with her death is by not coping with it. He attempts to destroy his brain by habitually huffing gas.
It was a uneven film but his performance was spot on. That vacant, odd look that huffers take on. I'm not gonna pontificate on how it may have tied into his real life need to escape or any shit like that. I just had thought of the movie.