• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Tennis S&G Tennis Thread v. Straight Sets

I like playing tennis but not watching it so much. However, since it’s all over the news everywhere here I’ve been following Ash Barty seemingly crush everyone before her. I’d hardly heard of her before Wimbledon. Pretty amazing. Though a lot of the coverage on some channels seems to an emphasis on her being Aboriginal rather than a brilliant tennis player.
i can't play cos of my mechanical elbow.... the thought just makes me recoil in pain. used to enjoy it though.

unfortunately not surprised about the news coverage. i haven't watched too much women's this time so haven't seen her but will hopefully get to watch some of the women's final.

Don't think the Djoker will have much difficulty with Shapo and Berrettini/Hurkacz, that might be 20 (!!!) slams, in-sane. Berrettini probably has the best chance but he's the typical kind of player that Djokovic just cleans up
yeah shapo will not be getting away with the unforced error rate and inconsistency, but i'm hoping that will push him psychologically to improve his consistency.

just watching berrettini/hurkacz, genuinely ill off work so good excuse. my polish boy probably not gonna win but he at least turned up to the game in set 3.

Feeling for Shapovalov, how is he two sets behind here
i know!!! i hope this is immaturity, he isn't as experienced in these situations and i'm sure there's a steep learning curve. i'd like to see him back and more in control of his unforced errors next year.

even if he dosn't manage to get a set i think he's done himself proud. 2-0 doesn't remotely reflect how well he played in those sets.

i know!!! i hope this is immaturity, he isn't as experienced in these situations and i'm sure there's a steep learning curve. i'd like to see him back and more in control of his unforced errors next year.

even if he dosn't manage to get a set i think he's done himself proud. 2-0 doesn't remotely reflect how well he played in those sets.
Next year? So you only stopped by for Wimbledon? :D
US Open will be a lot of fun as well and for sure more close. I started closely following tennis at the beginning of last year, great decision.

This was Shapo's best tournament ever, by far, also by level of play. But today was... Djokovic was playing like his C game, so with that much mistakes -> no chance.

haha wimbledon is the only tournament i watch, i will keep track of how people do in the others but timezones wise, the US and aussie don't work. i'll watch the odd match of the french open but its not covered anywhere nearly as widely here (UK). wimbledon, we get full coverage, decent commentary, for at least centre court and court one, then we can follow the other matches but with fewer camera angles and no commentary.

now you've recommended it maybe i'll put more effort into watching the US open.

i really hope to see more of shapo, i think if he can work on the psychological aspects he has the potential to be great. he had so many good points in that match but was found lacking when it mattered.

she's done it!!!

2 sets all the way!!!

with an ace for the final point.

absolutely brilliant match. almost every point was fought for, they were so well matched. but i'm proud that a fellow international brit has finally made a mark in women's tennis, for the first time in my lifetime.

Djokovic playing Australian Open!

Everyone, especially Australians, seems to be livid. I love it, his tournament, time to remind everyone who's king 👑.
I would've liked him to get vaccinated, but who cares, I'm a fan of tennis.