• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Tennis S&G Tennis Thread v. Straight Sets

Alvaro

Ex-Bluelighter
Well Tennis is no doubt a very good, game of sports but not easy to play because it needs more and more stamina and energy which requires time for training. so Tennis players use to do different, exercises such as swimming, running, yoga for getting their complete fitness level and take special care along with these exercises.

So, I searched for a Tennis thread on BL, and I couldn't find one. I can't be the only Tennis fan on here, right? Tennis is definetly my obsessive sport. Ever since ordering the Tennis channel a year ago, it's almost all I watch. I play tennis recreationally, and always have rackets in my car in case someone wants to play.

Anyone catch the US Open recently? It was pretty obvious that Nadal and Djokovic are both the best tennis players in the world. No one else can play as good as they can right now.

Too bad for Federer Fans, he's slipped in the rankings alot.

So.. anyone else like Tennis?

tennis is awesome. i'm bummed to see federer slip the way he is. for me, he's the best all round player in tennis history.

i have a big soft spot for john mcenroe but i think andre agassi will always be my favourite player. that return!

alasdair

I also like watching Tipseravic. He always has those bitchin athletic glasses. Coupled with his tattoos, he makes for a Tennis player that stands out.

I have an inkling Nadals career might finish similarly to that of Lance Armstrong.

Australia is back where they belong in the Davis Cup mix.

It would also be pleasing if Tomic had a crazed Seles like fan..

Would love to do coke with Martina Hingis. No wonder she's was so good so young.

I have an inkling Nadals career might finish similarly to that of Lance Armstrong.
you think he's using performance enhancing drugs? that's a pretty bold statement - what makes you say that?

alasdair

without a doubt he has used enhancing drugs throughout his career. it is not an uncommon thought/fear in tennis circles. i first saw him play live when he was 15/16 and travelling with moya. iv followed his career and his physique has gone up and down over the years and he has had plenty of opportunity with his lengthy spells from the game with injury. there has never been a mens player built the way he is, iv always thought he's moved best when hes been lighter. unbelievable how his knees are still bending.

If anyone is using performance enhancing drugs, it's Serena! She has legs like a linebacker!

Sometimes when i watch her it reminds me of the old school mike tyson punch out.. you know where mike is just huge and the opennet is so little.

Did anyone see Federer play in the Swiss Indoors tournament? His right forearm looked to be TWICE the size of his left!

Australian Open starts on January 14th, any early picks on the Aussie Open and other majors?

Australian Open starts jan 12 pm, only a about 14 hours to first serve.
We need to promote tennis in this forum and America.

Someone's gonna die if they're not careful...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/25724815

Australian Open organisers have been criticised for forcing players to compete in intense heat as temperatures hit 42C in Melbourne.

Canada's Frank Dancevic required medical attention after fainting in his first-round match and said it was "inhumane" to allow players to compete in such testing conditions.

The high temperatures resulted in a number of incidents at Melbourne Park on Tuesday:

Former women's world number one Caroline Wozniacki's plastic water bottle melted on court
Defending women's champion Victoria Azarenka described the heat like "dancing in a frying pan"
2008 finalist Jo-Wilfried Tsonga's shoes softened in the high temperatures
Ballboys and ballgirls have their shifts reduced from 1hr to 45mins to stop them overheating
Serbia's Jelena Jankovic, who won the Wimbledon mixed doubles title in 2007, burnt her backside on an uncovered seat

Dancevic passed out during the second set of his first-round defeat to France's Benoit Paire on the uncovered court six.

_72272202_sharapova.jpg

_72266114_chanhao-ching_getty.jpg