• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Russel Brand... your thoughts?

I don't know much about the guy, but I think it can be concluded that any guy who dresses like this (and is not a former bass guitarist for some pop-metal band that made it semi big in '92) is a guaranteed shithead:

Although I will say this scarf he's wearing here is actually rather nice, perhaps a chiffon of some sort:

This is the real problem with him imo. Add that to the whole 'acting the goat' type comedy and its hard to say he's very likeable. 😂

He's reigned it in a bit the last few years it looks like. But I still remember him from when he was early on the scene and his whole persona the guy was a complete clown.

I'll say all this though, but of course none of that is any kind of proof he's a rapist and a paedophile as the news is claiming.

I've yet to watch the documentary @AlsoTapered linked. For some reason my log in to channel 4 isn't working. I'll get round to it and give feedback on that ASAP though mate I've not been ignoring you.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

funny thing is these are statements the left wing would have openly embraced 5-10 years ago.
Yea but sadly all of US politics, and seemingly in other parts of the world, has shifted more to the right and now we have a bunch of capitalist neoliberal clowns as the US "leftists" even though they're basically center right. I don't even know where US conservatives went those mfs are off the map

I personally haven't heard much of Brand's politics besides some recent stuff and I have seen some of his stand up where he talks about women and sex stuff. Super questionable, definitely gives rapey vibes

cant wait until sanity prevails and baseless accusers end up rotting in jail, instead of allowing anyone to make crazy accusations to ruin peoples lives

Nancy Pelosi raped my ass in 1999 with a 12 in strap on. believe

It’s not conspiracy to say we’re all getting fucked over in one way or another by the elites
It’s not conspiracy to say the media is full of shit
It’s not conspiracy to say Pfizer made billions off a vaccine that doesn’t actually work
Or thst Biden snd family are corrupt
Very true regarding first two statements (and guess what - that much has been clearly apparent for decades at least since 1970's anyway). Media has always had massive manipulative elements and I'm sure 'elites' have fucked everyone else over since we lived in caves.

3rd statement probably 95% true

Dunno about 4th statement, definitely possible. It would shock me if otherwise. Doesn't mean he's not a million times more human than Trump etc though. You are never gonna get no coruption, the system demands it.

So, some things some people labelled as conspiracy are true, most definitely
Some things some people presently label as conspiracy will also be true, of that I have no doubt

BUT

That does not mean that all conspiracies are true though, or that that they are even a billion to one chance of happenning

That does not mean that the Brit royal fam are reptillian however (although it would be fantastic if they were) , or that the earth is a crater, or that @F.U.B.A.R. is of sound mind and genteel disposition, or the billion other utter nonsenses people 'believe'.

EDIT also, returning to Brand - he wears tighty whiteys (or did in his 30's as evidenced in the c4 doc). I dunno what that says about him - but it's gotta say something!

Last edited:
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

funny thing is these are statements the left wing would have openly embraced 5-10 years ago.
Who’s to say they still don’t?
Most people on this forum would consider me far-left, and I agree with 3/4.

On the vaccines, it depends on your definition of “work”.
They do significantly improve outcomes of infection, but they don’t actually prevent the virus, no.

The Democratic party is not left wing, and Biden & Trump governing near identically on all major issues is evidence of that.

They do significantly improve outcomes of infection, but they don’t actually prevent the virus, no.

how do we know that though? The people telling us it improves outcomes are the same ones who said a couple years ago that it would prevent us from getting sick. Leaving that aside, how could you ever study or quantify how sick a person would have gotten if they hadn't gotten the vaccine?

Who’s to say they still don’t?

I think many on the left now would say that phrases like "we are being fucked over by the elites" or "you can't trust the media" are problematic because they are right wing dog whistles.

While you do have a point about the dog whistles, not trusting the elite bourgeoise is classically a leftist thing

From my observation, the people telling us things are generally not the researchers themselves. Politicians are notoriously bad at interpreting research as are medical doctors

how do we know that though? The people telling us it improves outcomes are the same ones who said a couple years ago that it would prevent us from getting sick. Leaving that aside, how could you ever study or quantify how sick a person would have gotten if they hadn't gotten the vaccine?

I think many on the left now would say that phrases like "we are being fucked over by the elites" or "you can't trust the media" are problematic because they are right wing dog whistles.

You can come to conclusions like “elites bad” or “media bad” from a variety of perspectives, not just left wing ones. You’ve gotta dig into the details to see if it’s something worth signing unto imo.

Same with conspiracies actually. To those who say, only an idiot thinks there are no conspiracies, I would agree but I think that few would argue that, as many exist outside the realm of theory and are simply historical fact. Others have a relatively large amount of suggestive-but-inconclusive evidence, and then they run down the spectrum to the more and more absurd and ridiculous…it kind of requires you to read critically, use Occam’s razor and decide what makes sense to you

You look at death rates of people infected who are vaccinated vs. those who are not.
It took me approximately 1.5 seconds to find this study on Google indicating that people who are unvaccinated are 2.46x as likely as vaccinated people to die from Covid infection

They are right-wing dog whistles when phrased in a certain way (e.g. elites implying Jews), but they are both beliefs that leftists have espoused for many decades.

As a side note, you may enjoy this podcast episode (also on Spotify, where I listened to it) https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/lgbt-conservatives/id1693739175?i=1000628396783

The numbers are corrupted tho, which sucks. All of 2020 and 2021 they were using ~45 day cycle thresholds on the rapid tests which caused a lot of false positives, and normally the tests would be cultured in a lab for confirmation but they weren't. Then the death numbers count people who were already dying from other stuff but simply tested positive while in the hospital so it counts as a "covid death"

i’m torn with it all of it because on one hand i feel like it’s just a matter of discrediting him. he has spoke out against so much that i wouldn’t put it past someone trying to keep his credibility low. however, as the post above said he is a self-proclaimed sex addict and mixing that with drugs/alc can make it more difficult to discern who is telling the truth.

You look at death rates of people infected who are vaccinated vs. those who are not.
It took me approximately 1.5 seconds to find this study on Google indicating that people who are unvaccinated are 2.46x as likely as vaccinated people to die from Covid infection

nah dude... it's not that simple.

The most that study shows is that the vaccine lowers the risk of death amongst a certain age demographic.

It doesn't prove that "the vaccine will improve outcomes" in all demographics across the board.

This is a lot of the criticism coming from reasonable, non batshit vaccine critics.

They are helpful for old people, and people with very specific health conditions. They never should've pushed them on everyone else. They didn't do shit to stop the spread. Herd immunity was a lie. Prevention from infection was a lie. "Totally safe" was a lie too. Think young adults and parents of young children would have bought in if Fauci had said the vaccine causes myocarditis, as he openly admits now? Remember safe and effective?

nah dude... it's not that simple.

The most that study shows is that the vaccine lowers the risk of death amongst a certain age demographic.

It doesn't prove that "the vaccine will improve outcomes" in all demographics across the board.

This is a lot of the criticism coming from reasonable, non batshit vaccine critics.

They are helpful for old people, and people with very specific health conditions. They never should've pushed them on everyone else. They didn't do shit to stop the spread. Herd immunity was a lie. Prevention from infection was a lie. "Totally safe" was a lie too. Think young adults and parents of young children would have bought in if Fauci had said the vaccine causes myocarditis, as he openly admits now? Remember safe and effective?
Did you read the study?
It is a meta-analysis of data consisting of over 20 million cases.
Even the study by Olson et al, which studied patients 12-18 with a median age of 15-16, showed that several unvaccinated teenagers died from covid and not a single vaccinated teenager did.

The vaccine is far more important for the elderly and those with major health conditions to get.

Is it worth it for those below the age of 30 without serious health conditions to get more than 2 shots? Probably not.

But to say that the vaccine doesn’t work for certain age groups is demonstrably false.

Can the vaccine cause myocarditis?
Yes, at roughly half the rate that Covid infection can cause it.
I know someone who got myocarditis from the vaccine as a healthy 18 year old male and took a few months to recover.
But such a reaction is quite rare, and serious consequences from Covid infection itself are far more prevalent.