• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Rosemary Honey MAOI Experiments

I agree bees are an example of highly intelligent insect species, their ability to think as one for the best of the hive is also fascinating.

I’m using royal jelly lately and highly recommend it. It doesn’t take much and contains a lot of probiotics among other healthy things. It’s what the bees give the queen.

-GC
Throw in some ginseng, b6 +b12 from barley tea, little ginger and honey and I’m right there with you :)

I agree bees are an example of highly intelligent insect species, their ability to think as one for the best of the hive is also fascinating.

I’m using royal jelly lately and highly recommend it. It doesn’t take much and contains a lot of probiotics among other healthy things. It’s what the bees give the queen.

-GC
I know what royal jelly is. I have it but I never remember to take it haha.
One of my friends is a beekeeper. I've been in his honeycombs and It's really amazing.
At the beginning I was scared, the sound of the bees is frightening but after I enjoyed very much. Thanks for the info man.

Kongo❤️❤️🔥🔥

Possibly. That said based on past experiments, I’ve found placebo doesn’t hold true over multiple experiences. After about 3 uses of a drug it’s nature is shown. Rosemary Honey has consistently given me relaxing effects as has others who’ve tried it. It does take a tablespoon full which is why most don’t try it as that’s a fair amount of honey.

Also all the honeys you listed are non-psychoactive.

If you look in my other thread on honey I show how Rosemary is indeed psychoactive and helps attenuate opium withdrawal in Iranian opium addicts.

-GC
what thread did you talk about that? could you link it

Some of you may have followed my honey research awhile back, one thing I came upon during that was the possibility that certain psychoactive flavonoids have fairly potent MAOI properties.

Rosemary Honey is a psychoactive which I believe based on research and experimentation has kaempferol and 8-methoxy-kaempferol as the main components. Kaempferol again said to be an MAOI.

Before I continue I’d like to update a more thorough review of Rosemary Honey itself. A tablespoon of RH will produce a euphoric albeit short lived experience that feels a mix between opiates and gaba drugs. It hits around 20-30min in with a noticeable feel good effect that tapers off over the next 20-30min. I also find it interesting that it seems to cancel out my bupe where I feel I need my next dose much sooner than normal. Overall I like the substance a fair amount, the only honey I really enjoy.

Anywho.. Back to RH’s MAOI properties. I’ve slowly experimented around using it in increasing doses with a variety of psychedelics and even a couple times in minute doses after MDMA. No strange or unexpected reactions.

Last night I finally went all in and consumed 1tbsp of RH, then waited about 40min. By that point I was well into the psychoactive feel of the RH, and figured if the kaempferol is what’s giving that effect it should be good into my system. I then consumed 40mg DMT freebase in a capsule.

My overall impression is that RH itself is not an MAOI. I didn’t in any way achieve a psychedelic trip, it did feel as though I took a large dose of 5-htp. There was some serotonin activity as my body warmed up and some other things, but no DMT trip.

This matches my previous experiences, I’ve taken up to 1/2tsp after MDMA which probably wouldn’t have felt good had it actually had MAOI properties.

So this leads me to two conclusions… Either Kaempferol and related methoxylated flavonoids don’t have MAOI properties, or the psychoactivity of RH is mediated by some other unknown component.

-GC
Luteolin, Rosemarinic acid, Carnosic acid, and Carnosol, are some of the main constituents of Rosemary

Luteolin actually binds to GABA-A receptors and acts as an agonist or PAM.

RA is a powerful Gaba transaminase inhibitor.

Carnosol potentiates Gaba induces currents.

Carnosic acid significantly increases both serotonin and dopamine.